Port Everglades- Hotels to stay Pre/Post cruise?? Need help!!

teachergal29

Has anyone stayed pre-cruise at the Hollywood Marriott Resort? I just received my package and HAL has placed us at that resort. It seems to be removed from Port Everglades, but also a very nice place.

OK, I think I've got my decision down to two possiblities. The Hyatt Pier 66 (shuttle to the beach) or the Marriott Harbour(on the beach). Any thoughts on which is better?? The main difference that I can see is that the Marriott Harbour is on the beach and has a balcony and costs about $260(total) more than the Hyatt (through flight+hotel combo on Exp...) Anxious to hear from someone that might have been to both of these hotels and whether the Marriott is worth the extra money. If either needs renovating, etc??? I'm going to be advising two other couples that are traveling with us so I want to be informed and not be "surprised" when we get there, if you know what I mean... Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank so much in advance.

Cruisin Illini-I'm sorry to hear that your carry-on was stolen from a separate elevator. How did you get separated from it and end up in a separate elevator???

you might want to do a net search for "superior small lodgings fort lauderdale" That will show you a number of small mom and pop kind of places, many of which are on the beach. We have not stayed at any but were researching some for a recent trip that we had to reschedule due to health issues with friends we travel with.

If that search yields properties that look interesting to you, you can always check them out on trip advisor. I'd bet you can find something that is half what you'd pay at the marriott or pier 66. Just keep in mind that these are more motel type properties and won't have the restaurants, bars, room service etc that you'd have available at the marriott or hyatt.

We stayed at the pier 66 a year ago in a tower room that was in the process of being refurbished. Had a nice view of port everglades. It was fine for the $120 we booked it for on priceline, but unless things have changed greatly there I didn't feel it was worth $250 a nite.

Good luck in the hunt!

Teachergal29- we are staying in Spring Hill Suites(Marriott property) in Dania, FL which is a few miles from the airport. Our AAA special rate is $103 in late October. They offer free shuttle from airport and to the cruiseport. I was having trouble getting other good hotels that others suggest. You might want to at least look at them online.

Bob

I think we are leaning toward the Hyatt. We are looking for a nice resort-like atmosphere(they have a free shuttle to the beach too) for the full day we will be there before the cruise. I thank everyone for their ideas and suggestions though.

Does anyone know if the Hyatt has a shuttle that takes you to the pier on sailing day??? Would we be better off just arranging our own transportation to the pier?? (taxi) I know from reading different sites that it is fairly close to the pier.

Thank so much to all for the great infomation on this site!!! It has been so helpful!!:D

To Cruisejunkie,

We also are booked into the Sleep Inn in Dania April 1st before our cruise the next day. I eagerly await your report of this hotel. I have read conflicting reports on the trip advisor site.

Lp56

Archived