What happens if you miss Cococay?

kruzerci

Basically a sea day, but if your itinerary has you going to Nassau the day after CocoCay (Sov 4 nite & Maj 3 nite) you will sometimes get to arrive in Nassau that evening and spend the night.

What happens if you miss CocoCay - you cry!

Blimey oh riley, I wish I was there now instead of in icy England. I was just out in the car and the temperature was -2.5C.

I can't believe I was floating off of that beach a few weeks ago!

Jane

x

There have been a few 4 night cruise reviews where they had a sea day instead of the scheduled Cococay day and then went back to Cococay on the scheduled sea day... A big added perk of doing the 4 night itinerary vs the 3 night... :)

We were on Mariner a few weeks ago and missed Cococay. We spent the first day at sea and then pulled into San Juan late Tuesday, spent a few hours there and then proceeded on our regular itinerary.

While we were looking forward to seeing Cococay for the first time, I guess we'll just have to schedule another Caribbean cruise.

d

We missed Cococay on SOS (4 night) in Oct. We stayed in Bahamas longer and had an extra sea day. It was raining and windy and the captain said he would take us where we could get some sun and he DID exactly what he said, don't know where he took us but we GOT THE SUN!

We've missed it twice. On Empress, we spent an extra day in Nassau. Three weeks ago on Majesty, we went to Freeport instead. This Freeport visit "may" have had something to do with Majesty dry docking there the next week. Saw a couple of suits and ties on board checking things out. Anyway, one day in Freeport is much better than two days in Nassau.

Rick

On my 2005 Grandeur cruise, our first stop was Freeport, but the seas were too rough for Cococay the next day. We thought we had lost Key West due to hurricane damage, but they ended up switching the Cococay day back to Key West at the last minute.

I think the ultimate answer to your question is: It depends!

My suggestion for getting the most likely answer for your particular cruise would be to monitor the M&M threads for cruises just like yours and see what happens there.

Theron

Archived