Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

Best rule of thumb when booking a cabin, Look at your deck plans do book above or below dinning area, clubs, pool, gym. A lot of Carnival ships have deck 2(Main),deck6(upper) part of deck 8 verandah

If on the bottom up front watch for noise from anchor, on back thrusters,

Liberty cabin 8281 verandah deck

Anybody know if this cabin has pull down bed or sofa bed??

pull down was difficult for tall son last year.

Does it have a fridge?????

according to the online deck plan the cabin sleeps two people.

You will need to find an updated deck plan to see. For three people in the room you want to see a star which will be the convertible sofa bed (the back comes off and its the bed)

CQ_legend.gif</IMG>

MOST cabins that sleep 3 people will have the convertible sofa.

Yes, all cabins onthe Liberty do have a mini fridge but they are not cold at all.

I was on the Liberty last year cabin 8434 Veranda deck. Right below pizzaria and Versailles pool and bar aft. The deck cleaning with chair and table banging and scraping was so loud I thought the ceiling was going to fall in.

This started at midnight and lasted until 3:30am. And I am a heavy sleeper.

I got dressed and went down to file a complaint at 5am. They said that this would be checked into. I asked to be moved but was a full ship.

Next day I got an apology letter, then a phone call the next day.

The last day another letter stating that they will credit my sign and sail acct.

400.00 per person. That was very nice. Was it because I complained LOUDLY, or maybe because there was a group of hundreds of travel agents on board and didn't know if I was one and could give Carnival a bad name to future guests.:confused:

Can you tell me about room 8448 on the Liberty?

Sailed on Carnival Elation last December and had Empress 52 and 56, which were, for some reason, both handicap cabins. Nice that the doors were wider, but E56 was next to a crew entrance. Luckily, we put my daughter and her bf in that one. We 2 old women were in E52, so we didn't hear so much noise. I was worried about noise from upstairs (we were below the shops/entrace to the theatre) but didn't hear anything from above.

We were in R133 on Fantasy before that and had no problems at all. I personally love inside cabins because I like it to be DARK when I sleep. I even put a towel down at the door to block the light coming in from the hall! First Fantasy sailing was an R140 and had no problems in that cabin, either.

We're booked on Carnival Miracle 7192. Didn't ask for an extended balcony cabin, but was "upgraded" to it from a regular balcony. PVP said he was going to put us there because it's between 2 other cabin-only decks.

I take it that there won't be much wind, possibly won't be a lot of sun, and I won't be able to look straight down into the water. What's this about crew members popping up out of nowhere???? :eek:

I'm a light sleeper and I suffer from motion sickness. I was hoping that having the balcony, I could park myself out there if I start feeling queasy rather than having to run up to a deck where I could sit outside with the air in my face. I normally spend as little time in my cabin as possible.

After reading some of these posts I decided to move our cabin to #7258. This is what Carnival said ...185 sq ft cabin with 60sq ft balcony. (instead of normal balcony of 40 sq ft)...that means balcony is 4X15 instead of 4X10...that's a 50% increase in size for the same money.

Did I read somewhere that there's no couch in this room? I like it cuz it has cabins above and below it, it's a room for only 2 people, not handicapped and is near the elevators.

Does anyone have any more info on this or more importantly, info that contradicts what I think to be true?

Dayna, I think that's a fine, standard balcony cabin. A concern I may have is what's just beneath you on that public room deck. That MAY be noisy late but I'm not sure. One thing about being "miships" though...you're almost too much in the middle. Each of the cabins on your deck are about 12 ft wide..that means your cabin is about 125 feet from the nearest elevator...that's a 250 ft walk or more each time you go to/from your room from that elevator alone. Maybe you're OK with that. Just a thought.

Anyone stayed on the upper deck on the Fantasy? We are booked

inside room 105. Thanks!!

what kind of cabin did you have on the glory??

Inside cabins are dark-- extremly dark 24 hours a day. Bring an alarm clock and set it every day or you will sleep majority of the day away

Does anyone know anything about this room? I'm concerned it's in the rear and too close to the elevators. I'm also wondering if it's smaller because it has an overhead bed instead of the single convertable sofa.... any thoughts??

Just read CruisinCrow about Century 1026 being noisy.

We had 1008 for a couple of weeks and didn't hear a thing. But 1008 is almost the most forward of the CC's so probably just about escapes from being underneath 'noise'. For us it was perfect spot. Aqua spa little food area just above (and never busy) for something light, and that good fitness area also very close (for my wife... not me).

Corina and John

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has had room 7196 on the Carnival Miracle/Veranda Deck? Just want to know about the noise factor since I am a light sleeper.

Thanks

unless you are sailing with rude guests who ae loud and obnoxious- you wont hear nothing. You are between decks of cabins and away from public areas.