Concierge Lounge

shadbrew

We finally made it to Diamond level, but we are getting conflicting information--even from RCCL, so I thought you Diamond and Diamond-Plus members can tell me the truth. As a Diamond member, to have access to the Concierge Lounge, do you have to be booked in a JS or higher on every cruise?

Sherry,

If you travel on any RCI ships that have a Concierge Lounge, with the exception of the Freedom class ships, you will have access to the Concierge Lounge because you are Diamond, regardless of the stateroom you are in. On the Freedom and Liberty you would go to the Diamond Lounge instead; on those two ships, the Concierge Lounge is only for the Suite passengers (Grand Suite and above).

You will have a welcome aboard folder in your stateroom from the Concierge, along with a plastic key to the lounge.

Bon Voyage~~

Leslie

We finally made it to Diamond level, but we are getting conflicting information--even from RCCL, so I thought you Diamond and Diamond-Plus members can tell me the truth. As a Diamond member, to have access to the Concierge Lounge, do you have to be booked in a JS or higher on every cruise?

I can't believe that C & A doesn't know the precise answer to this basic question. :rolleyes:

On any ship that has a Concierge Lounge, you are entitled to Concierge privileges, whether in the regular lounge or a special Diamond/Diamond Plus location, REGARDLESS of the cabin you are in. If you are in the smallest, lowest deck interior cabin, you, as a Diamond C&A member, will have access to the CL.

And if you were NOT a Diamond/Diamond Plus, you would have to be in a GS or higher suite to qualify for this benefit.

This is why I was asking because it was C&A people that told me just the opposite. But several people we met on our last cruise told us the same as you did. I called and talked to 3 different C&A people, and they all told me the same thing. They told me that just being a Diamond member does not entitle us to the Concierge Lounge, UNLESS we were booked in a JS or higher. So how could fellow cruisers say and know differently??

This is why I was asking because it was C&A people that told me just the opposite. But several people we met on our last cruise told us the same as you did. I called and talked to 3 different C&A people, and they all told me the same thing. They told me that just being a Diamond member does not entitle us to the Concierge Lounge, UNLESS we were booked in a JS or higher. So how could fellow cruisers say and know differently??

It sounds to me like they were talking about a Freedom Class Ship. On that you would need to be in a suite for access to the Concierge Lounge. Although I'm told the Diamond Lounge is better anyway.

Has your last cruise credit been credited to your account yet? If your RCI account doesn't yet have you designated as Diamond because they haven't updated the system yet, then this could be the reason they are saying you have to be in a suite to get concierge access.

But as stated, this would be a GS category or higher room. A JS doesn't qualify for concierge access (and if anyone wants to argue this point I suggest you go to the threads where it has been argued).

Alot of people on this board know more than telephone CSR's (many of whom have never cruised before :rolleyes: ).

The info you've received here is correct - as a Diamond/Diamond Plus member you have access to the concierge or diamond lounge (depending on what ship you're on) no matter what stateroom you have.

Being Diamond or Diamond plus provides you with access to the concierge lounge regardless of the stateroom you have booked. Check the C&A section of the RCI website. The only exception is on Freedom class ships where a Diamond club has been added to accommodate Diamond and Diamond plus members. You may have misunderstood what the C&A people were saying, but if not, they were WRONG.:rolleyes:

Being Diamond or Diamond plus provides you with access to the concierge lounge regardless of the stateroom you have booked. Check the C&A section of the RCI website. The only exception is on Freedom class ships where a Diamond club has been added to accommodate Diamond and Diamond plus members. You may have misunderstood what the C&A people were saying, but if not, they were WRONG.:rolleyes:

Bill, I can't ever imagine getting incorrect information from cruise line customer service agents. ;) In all honesty the majority of the C & A reps have been very pleasant and helpful to us in the past. Now the airline customer service agents are another story. They always seem to be grouchy.

Bill, I can't ever imagine getting incorrect information from cruise line customer service agents. ;) In all honesty the majority of the C & A reps have been very pleasant and helpful to us in the past. Now the airline customer service agents are another story. They always seem to be grouchy.

You are absolutely right Anthony. Those CSRs are fonts of wisdom and knowledge which they are always more than willing to share with us. Some of them also belong to the school which says that if you don't know the answer to a question, make one up. Anything to get that fool (me) off the line.:D

Actually, I have actually encountered a couple of excellent cruiseline and airline representatives, but all too often, I have found that my best chance of getting assistance is to hang up, call back and hope to get someone who actually knows the correct answer.

You are absolutely right Anthony. Those CSRs are fonts of wisdom and knowledge which they are always more than willing to share with us. Some of them also belong to the school which says that if you don't know the answer to a question, make one up. Anything to get that fool (me) off the line.:D

Actually, I have actually encountered a couple of excellent cruiseline and airline representatives, but all too often, I have found that my best chance of getting assistance is to hang up, call back and hope to get someone who actually knows the correct answer.

The real frustration we have to experience is calling the credit cards to request the on board credit vouchers. We've had a couple of experiences that left us pulling our hair out by the end of the conversation. How hard is it to figure out what four $50 vouchers means? By the end of the conversation it sounded like a "who's on first" routine. Grrrr.

Archived