With all the talk about JS being just another balcony cabin...

ansafae

Do we still have to tip like it's a suite if it doesn't have any of the sweet suite privledges?? There isn't the 'bigger' bottles of lotions and shampoos, there is no concierge, it sounds like priority boarding is gone for the JS, no robes etc.; so do those in a JS still tip the higher amounts?

I'd love the feedback on this one, since I really don't know what to do with these changes. Thanks in advance!

:confused:

Nancy

First JS on Voyager out of Galveston in Feb '08!

If you are GS or higher and fill out the form to have the tips put on your shipboard account, does the higher tip for stateroom attendent get charged to your account. I would hate to give my stateroom attendent a voucher and find out later that I undertipped him.

This is just in case we can swing a GS.

Thanks for all the great feedback! We're doing the JS because we're bringing our two boys with us so we wanted a bit more room. I'm sure we'll be spoiled from ever going back smaller! Happy sailing! :D

Nancy

Voyager Feb 2008 - family cruise!

We always book a JS and we always have priority boarding--We've gotten robes a couple of times--not always though--seems to depend on the ship. If we don't get them, it's no big deal to us--I carry my own, anyway.

We have always had the "premium" toiletries, but again--I bring my own products so I KNOW I will look fabulous!!!!

The best part of a JS is the space!!! It's not just another balcony cabin!!!

If you are GS or higher and fill out the form to have the tips put on your shipboard account, does the higher tip for stateroom attendent get charged to your account. I would hate to give my stateroom attendent a voucher and find out later that I undertipped him.

This is just in case we can swing a GS.

Yes, if you are in a GS and decide to put the tips on your Seapass Account they will charge you the amount for a suite.

JS does NOT get you priority check-in. We went to that line the first time we had one because I didn't see any signs for Deck 10 in the regular check-in area. I was embarrassed when they told me that we were not eligible. But a wonderful woman went over to the regular area, and got our key cards...etc so we didn't have to get back in that line. The next time, I got in the regular line. The extra cabin/bathroom space is worth it, and you probably can get robes if you ask...and you'll love the extra cruise credit. We're Platinum now, and we've only sailed 3 times on RCCL.

JS does NOT get you priority check-in. We went to that line the first time we had one because I didn't see any signs for Deck 10 in the regular check-in area. I was embarrassed when they told me that we were not eligible. But a wonderful woman went over to the regular area, and got our key cards...etc so we didn't have to get back in that line. The next time, I got in the regular line. The extra cabin/bathroom space is worth it, and you probably can get robes if you ask...and you'll love the extra cruise credit. We're Platinum now, and we've only sailed 3 times on RCCL.

This is where RCCL is spotty. I called C&A and was assured that JS got priority check in. I also got an email from C&A confirming that as well and that there was a separate line for it. We shall see when I go to try and check in :)

I was on Monarch last week. I was in a JS and I checked in at the suite line, and was given a pass for priority lounge and priority check in. So I guess it depends on the port.

I was on Monarch last week. I was in a JS and I checked in at the suite line, and was given a pass for priority lounge and priority check in. So I guess it depends on the port.

We too were in a JS on Monarch a few weeks ago and got the same thing (priority boarding), although I didn't expect it...however there were so few people getting on the boat at the time we boarded it probably only saved a minute or two! Best embarkation EVER!!! (and as an aside a fantastic crew from top to bottom I must say - we were VERY impressed, from our steward to our dining folks to just about any crew member walking around the ship).:)

On the Explorer, a JS DOES get priority check in. There is a priority line and your name is on the list.:)

On the Explorer, a JS DOES get priority check in. There is a priority line and your name is on the list.:)

Not always. It was on Explorer that we were DENIED priorty boarding.

As mentioned earlier, RCI is really spotty on this one but, most of the time people on these forum report getting priorty boarding while in a JS cabin. I'd say greater than 90% of the posts I've read indicate CC posters in JS cabins have received priorty boarding. The only thing you can do is ask and see what they say.

I am really surprised. Both times we were denied JS Priority was on the Monarch, and yet two other posters were accomodated...who knows? I don't have to worry about it any more now that we're Platinum. Maybe they were trying to keep me away from the buffet so that there would be some food left for the later passengers. :p

RCI stand for Rather Consistantly Inconsistant.

Absolutely Brilliant!!!!!!!!!! You have to get the best post reward for that and it is the truth! :D Too bad we can't get that little fact in their next TV commercial! LOL!

Sorry, I should have specified, On the Explorer out of BAYONNE we get priority boarding in a JS. Our name is on the list and we go right thru! ;) If you call RCI they will tell you JS gets priority boarding also for whatever that is worth! LOL! :D

We always book JS and ALWAYS get Priority check in. That includes Navigator, Majesty, Soveriegn, Jewel and Mariner of the Seas...so that's pretty consistent. We also have ALWAYS gotten robes. We love the JS, it's bigger, has a wonderful bathroom, a great walk in closet. We do tip at the higher suite rate because service has always warranted it, but, no, it's not expected. I see so many posts here blasting the JS category but really the only difference is you don't get access to the concierge lounge. Big deal. It's not worth the extra $500 to $1000 or more per person for a few drinks, IMHO. The JS is a great stateroom and we'll continue to book it. I've been in Royal Suites, Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites on Celebrity, and they're great but for the money the JS is the best one. And besides, one more cruise and we get access to the coveted Concierge Lounge anyway, so then I'll see what the big deal about it is, suspect it won't make a big difference in my cruise experience........:)

This is where RCCL is spotty. I called C&A and was assured that JS got priority check in. I also got an email from C&A confirming that as well and that there was a separate line for it. We shall see when I go to try and check in :)

Are you going to print the email and take it with you?

We always book JS and ALWAYS get Priority check in. That includes Navigator, Majesty, Soveriegn, Jewel and Mariner of the Seas...so that's pretty consistent. We also have ALWAYS gotten robes. We love the JS, it's bigger, has a wonderful bathroom, a great walk in closet. We do tip at the higher suite rate because service has always warranted it, but, no, it's not expected. I see so many posts here blasting the JS category but really the only difference is you don't get access to the concierge lounge. Big deal. It's not worth the extra $500 to $1000 or more per person for a few drinks, IMHO. The JS is a great stateroom and we'll continue to book it. I've been in Royal Suites, Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites on Celebrity, and they're great but for the money the JS is the best one. And besides, one more cruise and we get access to the coveted Concierge Lounge anyway, so then I'll see what the big deal about it is, suspect it won't make a big difference in my cruise experience........:)

Since you've booked JSs and get 2 cruise credits, aren't you Diamond by now? That would give you access to the Concierge Club or the Diamond lounge on the Freedom Class ships.

Archived