Shipboard credit - and we are doing the doc-dance….

Gerd

Hello everybody

we finally received our cruise documents oh yeahhhhhhhh:D

Now we must wait again until March 8, the day, where we already let the French Alps behind us, and flying into Atlanta.:)

short question; we did book this cruise while we was cruising on the MS Statendam in September 2005 – and because we did so, we was granted for on so called on-board-credit. But I do not see any written on our cruise document.

Is this o.k. - or should we request ??

Best regards

Anna & Gerd

Our marvelous cruises :

MS Ryndam – Wayfarer – March 1997

MS Noordam - Transatlantic Island Hook - April 2001

MS Volendam - Southern Caribbean - April 2002

MS Volendam - Westfarer Caribbean - April 2004

MS Prinsendam - Windmills & Waterford – September 2004

MS Westerdam - Western Caribbean - April 2005

MS Statendam - Hawaii Circle - September 2005

MS Rotterdam - Vikings and Czars – July 2006

94 days - 25'425 Nm

Future Cruise :

MS Veendam - Southern Caribbean – March, 18 2007

event.png

HAL no longer includes vouchers for on-board credits in with the documents. If you have written confirmation in your original booking you might want to bring that with you. Check at the Front Desk to insure that the credit it there; if not, present your confirmation.

What about a ship board credit from a travel agent?

We have, as a booking incentive, a ship board credit (per person) and a bottle of wine.

1. How do we ensure that HAL knows about this?

2. How do we ensure that the ship will know about this?

Having had a ship board credit "disappear" in the past, I thought the voucher system in the ticket book was a great idea.

Thanks for any information.

HAL has not been including any vouchers in their documents ince April 2006 when they began using Princess's computer system. Fortunately we have an excellant TA who makes copies for us of the shipboard credits that are due us -- from faxes she gets from HAL. We have had problems and if it weren't for these copies, we would not have received our shipboard credits.

HAL has not been including any vouchers in their documents ince April 2006 when they began using Princess's computer system. Fortunately we have an excellant TA who makes copies for us of the shipboard credits that are due us -- from faxes she gets from HAL. We have had problems and if it weren't for these copies, we would not have received our shipboard credits.

Hello everybody

sorry because I posted my question about the on-board-credit in a not good English.

The On-Board Cruise-Consult, Mrs. Janice Gledhill – a very charming and helpful person gave it.

There was on one day a paper in our cabin about some specials – and if one did book for x-days, then they would give you an on-board-credit.

And because we did so – and I still have today this letter and the booking confirmation from here - then we was granted for an 100 US per person credit……

So please help me, should we find something in our doc’s, or do we see it only ones on board ?

I don’t talk about "voyager savings" which is coming regularly from my very good TA.

And off course, we always have very appreciated those gestures, that’s why we have booked all the mentioned cruises with them.

Best regards

Anna & Gerd

Our marvelous cruises :

94 days - 25'425 Nm

Future Cruise :

event.png

No matter who has given you your shipboard credit (via onboard booking, Carnival stock, AMEX Plat, TA, etc) there will be no voucher in your documents. That was discontinued in April 2006 when HAL began using the same computer set-up as Princess.

Our TA gives us a copy of the shipboard credit that we are due. Once we are on the ship, about day #2 or #3 we go to the front desk (quicker than than our concierge) and have them verify that we have gotten the credit.

Hello everybody

we finally received our cruise documents oh yeahhhhhhhh:D

Now we must wait again until March 8, the day, where we already let the French Alps behind us, and flying into Atlanta.:)

short question; we did book this cruise while we was cruising on the MS Statendam in September 2005 – and because we did so, we was granted for on so called on-board-credit. But I do not see any written on our cruise document.

Is this o.k. - or should we request ??

Best regards

Anna & Gerd

Our marvelous cruises :

94 days - 25'425 Nm

Future Cruise :

event.png

I had a Shipboard Credit and the Front Desk refused to accept it. They were suspicious as to where I got it! :rolleyes: Get it straightened out before you go on your cruise. It took a daily visit to the Front Desk for them to find my Shipboard Credit. When your on the ship, you're at the mercy of HAL!

robertmnch:)

First off Congratulations on getting your Docs, I am sure you are enjoying you Doc Dance. Having done numerous cruises with ship board credit from having booked on a previous cruise and also having had CCL Stock credit since 2004 I will say that as of January 2006 they no longer have a coupon in your cruise documents stating what your ship board credit is. Since HAL went to the new booking system last year that to what I am being told is very much the same as Princess, your TA can view and print the screen that shows any or all of your ship board credit. When I faxed in to HAL our CCL Stock letter it was credited and showing within 2 days. In the past I have had my TA just print her screen showing the credit and she highlights it. But in all honesty I have never needed it. This time I just looked at her computer screen last night and could clearly see all the ship board credit we had and it was correct. Also I have had great success in called HAL and even though I was booked with a TA they could confirm if they showed we did in fact have the ship board credit. I have also found out this way if I had any other goodies I did not know about like free Pinnacle;)

Hi Gerd: Glad you finally got your docs! Can't wait to cruise with you. I answered this post but it seems to have disappeared. Just bring the copies you have from the OBCC that show the credit. That is what we have done the last few times and we have had no problems.

Hello ... A couple of years ago we expected a shipboard credit on our account and did not think to check on it til the final day or two. By then, we learned the $$ was not on our account and it was too late for the shipboard staff to get it straightened out. Worked with our TA when we got home, and HAL did credit our credit card for that amount. But ... it did take a couple of months to clear it up. Since then, we take along copies of our confirmation showing the credit, and we check at the front desk shortly after boarding the ship to verify the $$$ on our account. No problems since that one incident ... but iI strongly suggest you check with the front office at the beginning of the trip, so there is ample time for the staff the clear it up before you settle your account on the last day. Happy travels!

Archived