Zipline Experience

We will be on The Mariner Western Itinerary in June and have a few questions. Has anyone done the zipline tour in Jamica and if so how was it and is it worth it? Also, do they offer one of these in Labadee? Thanks for your help!

Dan

We will be on The Mariner Western Itinerary in June and have a few questions. Has anyone done the zipline tour in Jamica and if so how was it and is it worth it? Also, do they offer one of these in Labadee? Thanks for your help!

Dan

Hello,

I was on the Freedom in Jan. and did the zipline tour. It was great!!! We would do it again any time. The tour guides are cracking jokes the whole time!! They are great. I just wish we were in port long enough to get to know the town a little more. Labadee is also great. We hung out at the beach all day long and relaxed and really enjoyed that. My mother in law went on the tour and said it was just okay. I will attach a few pics in I can figure it out. Have fun!!!:D

The zipline sounds like great fun so we will try it in Jamica when we cruise in June. I've read on another post that Labadee is planning a zipline also so it looks like we may have a choice or could even try both.

Thanks again!

Dan

We did the zipline tour in Costa Maya....it was one of the best tours we've taking. We still watch the video & relive it! You wont be disappointed!

How did you find your zipline tour in Costa Maya? I am interested in doing this, but it is not offered as an excursion when I will be on the Rhapsody in May.

Thanks for any info!

My daughters (25 and 19) and I did the Jamaica zipline over Christmas while on Navigator. It was awesome! The bus ride up is a little scary, though, if you don't like narrow, twisting roads (often blocked by goats). Once there, you won't believe what an amazing experience it is. Do NOT miss this one! There is nothing like it.

Have a great trip!

Another vote for the zipline tour. I'm 38 and my son is 14 and we did this tour with no problem at all. The tourguides have so much personality--they really help to make this tour that much more fun. And yes, the bus ride was a little hairy at times (those roads are so narrow!) but well worth it. I've got some pictures from our tour that were taken by the tour company (there are about 6 of them) that start here:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2844967130051639614rMPLeC

and also some more that I took with my own camera (about 16 of them) here:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2931888740051639614QSStbw

I'd say it's definitely something that everyone should try at least once!

we also did zipline in ochio rios. the quides were great. i some physical chalanges and the quides let me go first.how embarising lol. but they were very patient and very kind. the zip line was fun but the walking is awful. it rained the night before was very slippery. my advise would to invest in good walking shoes. i wore sneakers and slid all over.

I did Lotteri(sp) in St. Martin a few days ago and thought it was great. I have nothing to compare it to as this was my first time. I was surprised how challenging the course was. It is more like a obstacle course in the trees. I loved it.

Harry

Archived