Fcc?

angelina

I am a bit confused as to the distinction, if any, between FCC, which I understand is a $100 deposit towards a future cruise, and an open booking. Isn't an open booking a deposit for a future cruise without specifying which one or when or isn't that an FCC? as you cna tell, I am confused.

p.s. Chrysalis, I hope you know the answer otherwise I will have to ask Serene hehehehe

I am a bit confused as to the distinction, if any, between FCC, which I understand is a $100 deposit towards a future cruise, and an open booking. Isn't an open booking a deposit for a future cruise without specifying which one or when or isn't that an FCC? as you cna tell, I am confused.

p.s. Chrysalis, I hope you know the answer otherwise I will have to ask Serene hehehehe

An FCC is a future cruise credit which you purchase on board, it is $100 which is considered your deposit. You can either book a specific cruise or purchase an open booking for future use.

If you use 1 FCC to book the second person in the cabin will need to pay the additional $100 deposit at time of booking, this will enable both passengers to receive the OBC - hope this helps explain it and doesn't confuse you further:D :eek:

I do know the answer because I have bought them and used them before......when you buy an FCC, you can apply it to an open booking (no selected cruise) or to a particular sailing. Either way, you still get an onboard credit depending on the lenght of the cruise and cabin type that you ultimately use the FCC towards. Buy 2 or 3 of them....they get linked to your account with Princess and you can use them anytime within 4 years. Does this help?

Greetings to Ottawa from Sudbury

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Sorry I am also still confused about these FCC's. I bought two of them (mainly because I thought my husband and I each needed one for our next cruise!) but understand I only have to use one for us both to get the OBC. Great! :)

Now what if we book last minute, say within 30 days of the cruise? Does it still work and are we still allowed to book with our own TA? I'm not concerned about the low deposit, since we will pay in full to book late.

TIA

Now what if we book last minute, say within 30 days of the cruise? Does it still work and are we still allowed to book with our own TA? I'm not concerned about the low deposit, since we will pay in full to book late.

TIA

The answer is YES and YES. You can even book within a week of the cruise (I've done it 72 hours prior) and get your on board credit and you certainly can us your own TA. Most people never book directly with Princess.

Arlene

Please confirm/correct my understanding:

A FCC is $100 per person that acts like a deposit on a future cruise. Do my husband and I each need to purchase a FCC or can one FCC be applied to both of us (i.e., when we decide on a future cruise, we pay an additional $100 deposit for the other person)?

Is the FCC be transferrable? In other words, if I purchase a FCC, can I give it to my mother to use?

Does a FCC give you OBC? It looks like according to my understanding.

Thank you!

Please confirm/correct my understanding:

A FCC is $100 per person that acts like a deposit on a future cruise. Do my husband and I each need to purchase a FCC (NO) or can one FCC be applied to both of us (i.e., when we decide on a future cruise, we pay an additional $100 deposit for the other person)? YES

Is the FCC be transferrable? In other words, if I purchase a FCC, can I give it to my mother to use? NO

Does a FCC give you OBC? It looks like according to my understanding. YES, depends on inside vs outside and length of cruise. Outside 7 day is $50 PP for the first two people in a cabin.

Thank you!

See above ansers in Red.

Archived