Journey and Quest brochure

Jancruz

Beat ya, Jan... lol.

I'm booked for 8/18 for my birthday.

Since we are not that far from Bayonne, some of us from the office will go down in May to see Journey when she arrives at the pier.

Now I'm just waiting for Celebrity to reduce the price of Northeast motorcoach to match Royal's pricing. Their pickup point in PVD is 5 minutes from my house.

I am jealous you are leaving 8/18..I cant wait to hear if you like it..!!

2nd note..

Yes I am a TA and I am very excited about the two new Celebrity ships as I have been on Oceania 14 times..15th is 3/29 for 35 days..same ships so I can answer any questions anyone may have..

Jan

I'm booked for 8/18 for my birthday.

Is that your birthday?

I ask only because it's my mom's! I do not think she would like to go to Bermuda for her birthday though - she is a bit afraid of hurricanes.

Anyhow, I don't think we'll be doing JOURNEY this summer... I'd like to, especially because I think this is a "one year only" thing... But frankly, the fares are just too high for what it is. They're about twice what we're paying for QM2 in April...

Since we are not that far from Bayonne, some of us from the office will go down in May to see Journey when she arrives at the pier.

Are you going aboard?

I will have to hit up the Celebrity PR people to see if they will let me have a look around.

Actually I am thinking about asking if they will let me say "goodbye" to ZENITH when she calls in Bayonne the week before... As almost certainly the last journalist to write a review of ZENITH (see here), I must get some kind of special privileges, right ;) ?

(Actually, I should see if our editor is available, and try to drag her down there that day, for the very special reason that ZENITH was her first ship! And mine was HORIZON. If you combine ZENITH and HORIZON, I've spent more time on those two than any other ships!)

Does the brochure have any information on dining or formal nights. We are booked on 09/01 as well and would like to know if we need to take formal clothes.

Thanks

Lola in Hamilton

There are no formal nights. It is country club casual.

We've had brochures for a little over a month now.

No Doug, sorry, my birthday is 8/20. BTW, Celebrity runs its "events" much more differently than any other cruiseline I've worked with. Suffice to say, they've always left me wondering "why"??????? I've gone to Bermuda 17 times for my birthday, and only once have I encountered "tropical" weather... Hurricane Alberto in 2000 which didn't strike Bermuda..but sure created some wild seas which the old Pacific Princess with her deep-v keel handled admirably. Those poor folks on Horizon and Zenith bobbed like corks..all the way.

You know, Doug, when it comes to the QM2, the only way she sells is through fire-sale. Just goes to show.. bigger isn't always better... and the sell-out for the QV's 08 world confirms that!

Does the brochure have any information on dining or formal nights. We are booked on 09/01 as well and would like to know if we need to take formal clothes.

Thanks

Lola in Hamilton

Hi,

Open seating and the brochure says specifically leave your heels at home..so no formals but people always dress nicely..think Ch1cos..

Jan

You know, Doug, when it comes to the QM2, the only way she sells is through fire-sale.

Her crossings seem to do fairly well. But yes, her cruise fares are rather cheap.

Frankly she does not have a great appeal to me as a cruise ship but we booked this cruise because she goes to the right place (or rather, from the right place to the right place - that is, Florida to New York) at the right time and, yes, because it's cheap!

I am surprised that JOURNEY is getting such high fares - as I recall our fare predictions were about the same and we were both rather low! I would like to think that perhaps the high fare levels would get them to consider returning her to Bermuda in 2008 and beyond, but I doubt it.

There are no formal nights. It is country club casual.

We've had brochures for a little over a month now.

I have not been able to find anyone local with the brochures.

Can you give me any details on exactly what Country Club Casual means? I am not a member of a Country Club nor have I ever been to one......

Does it mean a sports jacket?

Since I have a cruise on Journey booked I'd like to know.

Is that your birthday?

Anyhow, I don't think we'll be doing JOURNEY this summer... I'd like to, especially because I think this is a "one year only" thing... But frankly, the fares are just too high for what it is. They're about twice what we're paying for QM2 in April...

There are some lower prices after labor day so even though I also thought that I would not be booking Journey I have done it.

If you go to the thread on this board -- Everything we know about Journey & Quest -- http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=492140

You will find more info.

Country Club -- In the front it said men leave your jacket at home However,which is normal for Celebrity info, the small print in back said Jacket required. :confused:

There has been a discussion about the "Butler" for inside staterooms :confused:

Ray

I received the brochure/catalog from my TA the other day. You can probably order one from the Celebrity website.

From what I've ready from the brochure the three ships, the Expedition, Journey and Quest are in a new class of ships Celebrity now has.

The state in the catalog to leave your formal clothes home. So I assume ALL itineraries for these ships are casual in the dining rooms (of course no shorts or swimsuits), no informal (no jackets or ties for men) or formal (no tuxes or gowns needed).

The butler is just another name for your cabin attendant, but you get a few more ameneties from his service.

I'm still confused about the open seating for dinner. I guess after the first sailing, we all will find out from fellow cruisers what that is all about.

It's too bad they don't include all tipping in the price of the cruise. That would solve that issue of who do you tip.

I noticed that the Bermuda cruise prices are a little high, but everything has gone up. They do reduce the prices in September and October, but please keep in mind this is Hurricane Season even for Bermuda and last year they had a few close calls.

Personally, for peace of mind I would cruise Bermuda in May, June or July. Hurricanes are usually in the Gulf and Caribbean that time of year and meander up north toward Bermuda in August, September and October.

Personally, for peace of mind I would cruise Bermuda in May, June or July. Hurricanes are usually in the Gulf and Caribbean that time of year and meander up north toward Bermuda in August, September and October.

I have been to Bermuda enough times that personally I would not get that upset if a hurricane affected the itinerary. But if it were someones first time it could be upsetting. I prefer the weather on Bermuda in September and October to May or July as long as there are no storms. Very comfortable and the water temperature was fine for swimming and snorkeling. In May the water temperature was too cool for me. In July it was very hot and very humid. The time I went in June was good but more rainy.

From what I've ready from the brochure the three ships, the Expedition, Journey and Quest are in a new class of ships Celebrity now has.

I still don't understand how Celebrity is putting these three ships in the same "class". Frankly, it's ridiculous, considering that JOURNEY and QUEST are about 10 times the size of XPEDITION.

Even though JOURNEY and QUEST are smaller than the "regular" Celebrity ships, they still have a lot more in common with those than they do with the tiny XPEDITION.

I still don't understand how Celebrity is putting these three ships in the same "class". Frankly, it's ridiculous, considering that JOURNEY and QUEST are about 10 times the size of XPEDITION.

Even though JOURNEY and QUEST are smaller than the "regular" Celebrity ships, they still have a lot more in common with those than they do with the tiny XPEDITION.

Hi Doug !

I agree with everything you said. However, I am not certain that all three ships are currently in the Xpedition Class. At first, I recall reading that Journey was to be in the Xpedition Class. In fact, Journey was listed as Xpedition Class next to Celebrity Xpedition on Celebrity's website for a brief time.

Ever since Quest came into the picture... at Celebrity's website, they now have Journey and Quest listed as JOURNEY class, and Celebrity Xpedition sits by herself once again in XPEDITION Class.

Hopefully, Celebrity will clarify all of this, as well as the many other questions we have, in the near future.

Archived