Need help Cozumel! Husband wants to scuba dive and I want to sit by a pretty pool!

dixie54

Are there any places at a hotel etc. where my husband can go scuba diving and I can sit by their pool? I am not really looking for a day pass.

My husband would like suggestions on a good dive shop with good dives.

thanks for any suggestions!

Have you thought of Chankanaab Park?

While I love Chankanaab....she'll be sitting on a beach...Someone must know of a day pass to a hotel or all inclusive.

Did you try the ports of call threads?

or google for resorts on cozumel?

My husband and sons dive. They used Eagle Ray Dives in Coz. I went will them and stayed on the boat. We all had a great time. I could have gone to the front of the boat and layed around, but I chose to stay under the shade. Great dive company, very friendly and helpful.

Are there any places at a hotel etc. where my husband can go scuba diving and I can sit by their pool? I am not really looking for a day pass.

My husband would like suggestions on a good dive shop with good dives.

thanks for any suggestions!

I agree with others, you stay on ship and let your husband go scuba diving. I was just there in November and can't recall any hotels in the area of the docking area.

Kathy

El Cid La Ceiba is next door to Senor Frogs at the Int'l Pier and should meet your needs. It has pools and hubby can either snorkel or scuba right from their location. There's a plane wreck in about 30 feet of water about 200 feet from there. The resort has a dive shop on location. Email me at my yahoo address on my profile and I'll tell you more about it.

Why don't you remain on the ship that day to enjoy a massage, a rather empty pool and the best the ship has to offer?

Your hubby is a big boy - let him enjoy a great time scuba diving while you enjoy yourself. Most of the the hotels were rather messed up by the hurricane last fall. But I believe the scuba and snorkeling activity is still pretty good.

The Reef Club has a nice pool to lounge around and your husband can dive with Sand Dollar Dive Shop. We did a day pass through Island Marketing and the hotel was very nice with very friendly staff. If you get there early enough, the breakfast buffet had more selection than lunch. Lunch was pretty much American fare with some chips and salsa thrown in. $40 isn't bad though for all you can eat and drink. I agree with the posts above though, if you want to save some money, stay onboard or just venture off to shop right at the pier and that way you can still say you got off the ship! :-) The beaches were just trashed though by the hurricane and even with aqua socks everyone in our party cut themselves up getting out into deep water. Reef club is located down near the best dive sites in the south so that would minimize the time your husband would be gone. We did 2 dives on Palancar and Columbia reefs and were gone only around 2 1/2 hours.

The Reef Club has a nice pool to lounge around and your husband can dive with Sand Dollar Dive Shop. We did a day pass through Island Marketing and the hotel was very nice with very friendly staff. If you get there early enough, the breakfast buffet had more selection than lunch. Lunch was pretty much American fare with some chips and salsa thrown in. $40 isn't bad though for all you can eat and drink. I agree with the posts above though, if you want to save some money, stay onboard or just venture off to shop right at the pier and that way you can still say you got off the ship! :-) The beaches were just trashed though by the hurricane and even with aqua socks everyone in our party cut themselves up getting out into deep water. Reef club is located down near the best dive sites in the south so that would minimize the time your husband would be gone. We did 2 dives on Palancar and Columbia reefs and were gone only around 2 1/2 hours.

Archived