I am very sure I have a bad sickness

OceanFantasys

I hope it's not as bad I think but I have my doubts because it just keeps getting worse.

I am here on this CC site every single day for hours at a time, day and night. I read these boards religiously and am always planning my next cruise just as soon as I get back from one. It's bad my friends. Very very bad. I have already booked another cruise and and am contemplating even another one this April doing the Transatlantic. My gosh i just got back from a cruise !! What's wrong with me? I think I can answer my own question though.. Maybe I am just SICK !! :eek: I have got to stop this soon or will want to just live on a ship.. eeekkkkks

I'm as bad as you are. Actually, I may be worse. For the last few years I have always had 2 or 3 future cruises booked. At this point, I've booked cruises well into 2008 and am always reading brochures and looking at web sites looking for the next ones. Naturally, when I am on a cruise, I almost always make a future cruise booking on board.

BTW, if we didn't have a beach cottage where we spend our summers I would have 4 or 5 future cruises booked instead of 2 or 3. I am a real addict.

Cruisers Anonymous anyone?

P.S. I do look longingly at the web sites of the residential cruise ships such as the World of Residensea, the Four Seasons, and the Magellan. If only I didn't have to work to pay for all of these cruises!

God, I had a dream about our Fire Island house last night. Thanks for reminding me- it wasn't a good one!

I am also addicted to this site AND OTHERS and to cruising in general. No matter how bad my problems might be I can always sign on and be transported to something very pleasurable and manageable. It's no different than people obsessed with motorcycles or model planes or what have you. They are always planning their next get together or trip- just like us! Ours is just an expensive hobby- and that's the only problem.

isn't it wonderful to be "sick":eek:

call now and book a "ship" .. not an intinerary .. a ship .. wherever it goes, you go:D

wonder what kind of "deal" you could make with Seattle

just one bit of advice: bring loose fitting clothes:rolleyes:

I've had this 'fever' too. I've been told by others here that the only real cure for it is to book another cruise. That seems to help because it gives me something to look forward to. Whenever HAL releases its 2008 Alaskan iteneraries & prices is when I'll book a 3rd cruise to be 'on deck'.

Oh yeah! We are real sickies. Jim is right and the only cure is booking another cruise. We are booked into 08'. I get the sweats, shakes and twitching of various body parts when I don't have a cruise to look forward to.

When you can't book another cruise right away the next best thing is right here on the boards reading and chatting about cruises with other afflicted in the same manner.

I hope it's not as bad I think but I have my doubts because it just keeps getting worse.

I am here on this CC site every single day for hours at a time, day and night. I read these boards religiously and am always planning my next cruise just as soon as I get back from one. It's bad my friends. Very very bad. I have already booked another cruise and and am contemplating even another one this April doing the Transatlantic. My gosh i just got back from a cruise !! What's wrong with me? I think I can answer my own question though.. Maybe I am just SICK !! :eek: I have got to stop this soon or will want to just live on a ship.. eeekkkkks

OceanFantasys ... we were told on our first cruise that we would either love cruising or hate it and if we loved it, it would probably become very addicting. Well I guess that guy was right. After 36 cruises since 1991, I think we have become major cruise-a-holics but hey - it is really our only vice in life. We are sorry though that we didn't start going on HAL ships until 2003. Now to us HAL is our major way of cruising!

I have it too!

Unfortunately, I have major complications associated with my case. Our last cruise was a miserable event on Carnival's Liberty in November and ever since, my once more-than-willing husband doesn't even want to hear the word cruise. His old 'whatever you'd like to do dear' response to 'cruise talk' has become an adamant 'NO WAY'. What's a girl to do!?!?!?

I have the sickness as well. We went on our first cruise last summer, and the father-in-law did too. He is splurging for a Medittarenean cruise for the family this summer (possibly on the Westerdam, which is why I'm looking at "your" forum) :-) I am *so* hooked on cruising! As a teacher, I dream of finding a last minute summer cruise for dirt cheap.

Both hubby & I have it....we have it bad.....it started in 2001 & it's just not going away....there are no meds for it, so it's hard to shake. We had a bad experience on a Carnival ship....but it didn't stop us....talk to your DH...i'm sure that he will go....

Yea, I got it too. I think I would lean toward phrasing it as “an emotional attachment” since it’s literally effecting my dream sleep. Well, so much for equanimity.:cool:

I’m thinking of supplementing my income by setting up a stand like Lucy from the Peanuts. “Psychiatric Help $5. “ (inflation ya know);)

Veal1:Carnival is fun, follow your heart, have a great cruise

Mark….

Good news! Here I thought my DH had somehow been "cured" but today I am seeing major signs of a relapse! Why, he even went so far as to suggest that I look into something for later this year...sans Carnival of course. But, hey, I can work with this. Yea!!!!!!!!!!

Oh lord, me too. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! As you can see from my signature, I've been hooked since childhood. Most of my life, my finances haven't permitted me to indulge, but now that they finally do, I'm hoping I can get my DH hooked too - or failing that, find a similarly-minded lady friend who can also afford the habit! Meanwhile, I think of CC as my cruise addict support group - only unlike most of them, it's designed to keep you hooked rather than get you clean!

You and OP mentioned bad experience on Carnival. I was just about to book a cruise on Miracle-8 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise for Sept. 07. Should I reconsider?

Just because we had a bad experience with Carnival, please don't let that influence you. Everyone has different preferences, & Carnival is just not for us.

Archived