Anything come with coffee in Explorations

Marie50

Does anyone know if you get complimentary danish, muffins or scones with your coffee in the Cafe? Thinking about a card and was just wondering.....

How about any snacks with alcoholic drinks as a card is available for those too I believe.

Thanks

Does anyone know if you get complimentary danish, muffins or scones with your coffee in the Cafe? Thinking about a card and was just wondering.....

How about any snacks with alcoholic drinks as a card is available for those too I believe.

Thanks

They had some lovely pastries in the Explorations Cafe, along with great coffee. We bought coffee cards Didn't have any of the pastries....just the coffee, but they looked wonderful!

I do try not to over-indulge with all the food choices, but it's sometimes difficult!

I also bought a wine card. They offer 10 glass and 20 glass cards. I bought the 20, but still have some left. I'm keeping it for the next cruise and will see if they honor it!

Don't know for sure, but I would doubt that any danish come free. The day I met the captain at the coffee bar, they were out of any danish. Lucky for me, since I didn't think I needed any more to eat and would have been tempted.

On the other hand, there are free snacks at some of the bars before dinner when you buy a drink.(or even if you just sit there). Just ask and they will come.

You will never lack for food on that ship. From breakfast, lunch, afternoon Lido, tea, pre dinner snacks, dinner, late night snacks and of course, room service, you can eat 24 hours a day.:D

Don't know for sure, but I would doubt that any danish come free. The day I met the captain at the coffee bar, they were out of any danish. Lucky for me, since I didn't think I needed any more to eat and would have been tempted.

On the other hand, there are free snacks at some of the bars before dinner when you buy a drink.(or even if you just sit there). Just ask and they will come.

You will never lack for food on that ship. From breakfast, lunch, afternoon Lido, tea, pre dinner snacks, dinner, late night snacks and of course, room service, you can eat 24 hours a day.:D

And, that's probably why you lost instead of gained weight on the cruise, Carol!

I can just imagine what I would have looked like if I'd eaten 24/7! I have a photo of the young woman replenishing the snacks somewhere. I didn't see any prices on the board so have no idea if they are complimentary or if there's a charge.

The danish are free when you buy a coffee at the Explorations Cafe. Sometimes they are very different than those in the Lido. We have seen cupcakes there and scones.

Depending on the ship, there may be cold or hot appetizers served about an hour before dinner in the Ocean Bar, Crow's Nest and sometimes the Piano Bar. Other than that -- peanuts.

The danish are free when you buy a coffee at the Explorations Cafe. Sometimes they are very different than those in the Lido. We have seen cupcakes there and scones.

Depending on the ship, there may be cold or hot appetizers served about an hour before dinner in the Ocean Bar, Crow's Nest and sometimes the Piano Bar. Other than that -- peanuts.

They had some decadent-looking chocolate cakes when I was watching the girl replenish everything. I would have loved one of everthing....but stuck with a latte only!

Which ships don't have the pre-dinner appetizers?

We bought 2 coffee cards on our recent Westerdam cruise and it was money well spent. Twice a day my husband and I would go to the Windstar Cafe and get a double shot cafe latte grande. And, yes, the pastries are free when you purchase a coffee. They had chocolate brownies, scones, Napoleans, etc. Everything was delish!

All the HAL ships have pre-dinner appetizers. They vary from ship to ship and day to day. They are sometimes cold, sometimes hot, sometimes both.

I'm sorry but the hot appetizers are gone from all the ships we've been on since late last summer. The only time they now serve hot hors d'ouerves (the fried chicken/shrimp , jalapeno poppers, meatballs, chicken wings, bitterballen etc) are at Mariner's party and private cocktail parties. There might be a ship or two out there still serving them but for the most part, no longer.

A steward nightly passes a tray with small, cold nibbles. I don't think the choices look at all appealing so didn't taste any. We were at Ocean Bar every night before dinner and had peanuts if we asked. It's okay. I really don't want to eat all that deep fried food anyway.

I'm sorry but the hot appetizers are gone from all the ships we've been on since late last summer. The only time they now serve hot hors d'ouerves (the fried chicken/shrimp , jalapeno poppers, meatballs, chicken wings, bitterballen etc) are at Mariner's party and private cocktail parties. There might be a ship or two out there still serving them but for the most part, no longer.

A steward nightly passes a tray with small, cold nibbles. I don't think the choices look at all appealing so didn't taste any. We were at Ocean Bar every night before dinner and had peanuts if we asked. It's okay. I really don't want to eat all that deep fried food anyway.

We had appetizers served to us in one of the bars before dinner on the Westerdam two weeks ago.

Archived