Celebrity Secrets they usually don't tell you about

dmarch@islc.net

As a member of Captain’s Club (CC) you should get a one cabin upgrade. Buy an Cat 10 get a Cat 9. The upgrades are only for inside and outside cabins. Veranda cabins and suites are not upgraded. You can not be upgraded form and inside to an outside just for being a CC member nor can you go form an outside to a Veranda. Give the CC a call and put your questions to them as well.

As for being invited to the Captain’s Table or Senior Officer’s Table, there are lots of criteria. Invites may be based on but limited to the following, which are not in any order.

Having the most cruises on board

Knowing a senior officer from a prior cruise.

Knoing someone in the home office.

Book the Penthouse suite or other large cabin.

As you know the seating is very limited. Five couples per seating only on formal nights. It took us over 20 cruises to get an invite. We normally pay for a Cat 11 and get a Cat 10 and have only been invited four times. We have been at the Senoir Officer's Table with couples in a suite who where on their first cruise with X. I guess I’m saying it’s a crap shoot. Next time mention it to the Captain’s Club Hostess and see what her story is.

on Celebrity's web site. Personally $1.50 per undie is ridiculous! No laundry facility tho I have ranted about it on comment cards & emails, and no Elite discount or FREE like Princess for the Platinum Plus. The new Loyalty Dept guy named Mike has gotten a very long suggestion note of what a true Elite member of Celebrity should rate, not being snided.

Pack a small bottle of tide to rinse out clothes you wore, hang on shower line to dry as you sleep & you have clothes for next week!

Okay, I read through 14 pages of this thread and didn't see the answer to my question. So don't hate me if I missed it:rolleyes:

Does the Summit have a laundry bag with a one price for all the laundry in the bag? If so, does anyone know how large the bag is and how much it costs?

Doing a 14 day cruise in Sept. and don't want to have to pack clothes for all 14 days.:)

Okay, I've been on two M Class Ships - Millennium and Infinity and never even seen Persian Gardens? Where are they located? Maybe that's the best kept secret of all.

On the Constellation the Persian Gardens are in the Spa area - they are expensive and, according to some I met in the sauna, wonderful. Photofun

on Celebrity's web site. Personally $1.50 per undie is ridiculous! No laundry facility tho I have ranted about it on comment cards & emails, and no Elite discount or FREE like Princess for the Platinum Plus. The new Loyalty Dept guy named Mike has gotten a very long suggestion note of what a true Elite member of Celebrity should rate, not being snided.

Pack a small bottle of tide to rinse out clothes you wore, hang on shower line to dry as you sleep & you have clothes for next week!

Right you are!!! One line (don’t remember which) give their upper crust unlimited free internet service. Several of us have suggested an Admiral’s Club 25 credits and you must have sailed on every ship currently in the fleet. Some perks would be. Upgrade to outside cabin form highest inside cabin. Free internet, free laundry and dry cleaning, discounted specialty restaurant prices, priority embarkation (with the Suites and CC guests), etc

Here's a tip: In the CC cabins (and maybe others) you can get fresh squeezed OJ and grapefruit juice.
Is the room service menu different for CC cabins or the same as "regular" cabins? Do they offer cappucino at no charge or must it be purchased at the Cova Cafe? Anyone have a link to room service menus?

Also regarding Cappucino, do they serve decaf cappucino in the dining room after dinner? Is there a charge?

DD would like to know if she will be able to request lobster tails or king crab legs from the asst. maitre'd prior to the next evening's dining? If not do they offer macaroni & cheese? :D She would also like to know if shrimp cocktail is offered through room service for her pre-nap snack time, oh about 5 pm?

TIA

The CC breakfast menu is more extensive and has things not available anywhere else.

Cappacino is free in suites (and delivered by butler). Decaf or regular. All cappacino comes from the cova and is charged (except in suites).

Anything from the kitchen is available during regular dining room hours. As shrimp cocktail can be had any night, I assume your cabin steward could get it at 6 PM (hope you are planning on tipping well!)

Now how old is this daughter whose tastes are only lobster, crab and macaroni and cheese? 15_5_11.gif 15_8_138.gif? [/url]

36_11_6.gif

I thought I had read somewhere that the Constellation had some beautiful gardens on the top deck. Is that what is meant by "The Persian Gardens". What exactly are the Persian Gardens?

Is there also a swimming pool? AND a T-pool? and is there a separate conservatory apart from the Persian Gardens or have I confused the Constellation with another ship or line?

Thank you. Was going to try their web site, but it is down for maintenance.

I thought I had read somewhere that the Constellation had some beautiful gardens on the top deck. Is that what is meant by "The Persian Gardens". What exactly are the Persian Gardens?

Is there also a swimming pool? AND a T-pool? and is there a separate conservatory apart from the Persian Gardens or have I confused the Constellation with another ship or line?

Thank you. Was going to try their web site, but it is down for maintenance.

Those first "gardens" you mention are the small conservatory that surrounds the flower shop and golf simulator entrance, and aren't at all related to the "Persian Gardens" which is an area of the spa.

The T-Pool is "indoors" and is in the spa area, but is not part of the spa and there is no charge for its use (also not open to kids). The regular pool and hot tubs are just outside of the spa area in the middle of the ship, outdoors.

If you go to the Celebrity web site, you'll be able to view the deck plan and get a better idea for where things are. There's also an area that describes the spa services, including the Persian Garden.

Reply:...Those first "gardens" you mention are the small conservatory that surrounds the flower shop and golf simulator entrance, and aren't at all related to the "Persian Gardens" which is an area of the spa.

Persian Gardens is a room with diffent types of steam rooms and/or saunas, and possibly aroma therapy rooms. All of which are available for one price on a day pass or pass for the whole cruise. We took a breif tour of this on our last cruise.

I saw a great list of Class M cabins with extended balconies on a previous page. Thank you canderson!!!!!

Does anyone have a similar list for Sky Suites? We are looking at a cruise on Infinity for 2007, and DH thinks we have enough time to save up for one. (I still hyperventilate when I look at the price though! :o )

The only reason he wants one is for the large balcony (as advertised in the brochure), but I saw a picture on CruiseClues of 6099 where the balcony was barely wide enough to put a chair Sideways. :eek: Hence my question.

I saw a great list of Class M cabins with extended balconies on a previous page. Thank you canderson!!!!!

Does anyone have a similar list for Sky Suites? We are looking at a cruise on Infinity for 2007, and DH thinks we have enough time to save up for one. (I still hyperventilate when I look at the price though! :o )

You're in good company with your hyperventilation.

For M-Class, some interesting cabins can be found on the Penthouse deck.

Consider any of the following (and probably in this order)

6145, 6146 (!!!)

6131, 6132

6125, 6126

6127, 6128, 6129, 6130

Thanks again, CAnderson! On my other cruise board, I would get to give you the equivalent of a gold star. Here all I can do is thank you profusely!

Your list confirmed what I had guessed from looking at the deck plan, and added some that I had overlooked, the last four on your list. I guess they are a little bit longer than the ones close to the elevators (it wouldn't take much!), but I'd like to find some pictures to see by how much.

And speaking of pictures, I appreciated you sharing your webshots! Makes me wish I was at sea......

Thanks again, CAnderson! On my other cruise board, I would get to give you the equivalent of a gold star. Here all I can do is thank you profusely!
You're most welcome. The first two on that list are considered to be the real "prizes". If you're fortunate enough to snag one (we've not been that lucky so far, and refuse to take the small veranda SS over an aft CC!) grab some additional pictures. They're around here, somewhere, if you search on those two cabin numbers.

Okay, I read through 14 pages of this thread and didn't see the answer to my question. So don't hate me if I missed it:rolleyes:

Does the Summit have a laundry bag with a one price for all the laundry in the bag? If so, does anyone know how large the bag is and how much it costs?

Doing a 14 day cruise in Sept. and don't want to have to pack clothes for all 14 days.:)

No. Never seen anything like this - all laundry and dry cleaning is per piece.

My TA said I may request an upgrade although he cannot do this for me. I was wondering what the process may be. I've spoken to a very helpful agent from Celebrity. She couldn't request this for me, but was quite helpful changing my seating from late to early, since I'm traveling with 2 children, both quite excited to wear their new Tux's. Does this mean standing in line with 100 or more cruisers asking the same question or is there a lesser known proceedure someone out there knows of.

My TA said I may request an upgrade although he cannot do this for me. I was wondering what the process may be. I've spoken to a very helpful agent from Celebrity. She couldn't request this for me, but was quite helpful changing my seating from late to early, since I'm traveling with 2 children, both quite excited to wear their new Tux's. Does this mean standing in line with 100 or more cruisers asking the same question or is there a lesser known proceedure someone out there knows of.

Seems odd that your TA nor X couldn't upgrade you. Is the ship booked? If so you can upgrade at the pier if there is a cancellation. You can upgrade in the same long line that you check in with, no designated upgrade line. Good luck, I always ask about upgrades at the pier. I've had no luck so far. Keep waiting for that $50 penthouse upgrade that you hear about. LOL Usually they say none available and if they are it's pricey.

The Persian Gargens are a private Sauna area up front by the Aqua-spa and fitness center on the Resort deck.

You can see them as part of the virtual tour of the Millenium that X's site offers.

Now I know where you have been hiding out. How are you and your wife doing. David and I were on the Grandeur of the Seas on May 27 - had a great time. Had a Jr Suiteat the very back of the ship (oooh sorry--very aft of the ship).

People on the cruise were great but nothing will beat our Hawaiian trip on the Infinity.

Take care

Embark early and head for the spa. Volunteer to be a spa model for the tours that are offered the first day. Our last 3 cruises, my husband has had a free hair treatment (frangipani massage or something of the sort) and 2 different massages). You have to be willing to be 'on display' (that is the reason I have never done it), but if you don't mind that it is a great way to start the cruise.

Linda

I might be interested in being a spa model. Can you tell me more? Do you just go to the spa and offer? I'm kinda shy about that kind of thing but it just might be worth it.

Has anyone else been a spa model?

Thanks! 10 more days until my very first cruise!

Bev

according to the brochure we just received from celebrity, the 12-night soda fountain package is $69 and the 14-night package is $80 (or about $5.75 per day). i believe the fountain cokes (and other soft drinks) sell for $1.25 and cans sell for $2.00. i myself am wrestling with the decision of whether or not to buy one. if you drink mostly fountain cokes (and most bars and drink stations serve these as opposed to cans [also if you drink soft drinks at dinner, the waiter will serve you a fountain drink]), you would have to AVERAGE almost 5 a day just to break even. factoring into this the fact that most days are spent away from the ship makes it even more unlikely that you will drink that much soda. i wonder if anyone else has some input on this weighty subject?

and got 3 free treatments on Connie (seaweed & oil massaged all over me, then I was wrapped in a thick alumin foil blanket that got pretty hot to soak it all in. Got a nice nap too til the throngs of folks keep walking in & a few try to take a peak.

Then I was placed into this Star Trek looking thingie that has bose headphones to listen to relaxing music as you are steamed, aromatherapy, massaging pillows all over. I forget the name if it....

Then the ultimate a 2 person massage. OH WOW!!!! You feel like melted margarine when they are done & all I wanted to do was goto bed I was SO relaxed.

Then on Infinity I had a weird electrical unit with attachments to my stomach & butt that gave me shocks. It was to tighten up any sagging, bulging, filled with fluids areas. Folks walked over to hear the talk about it & the outrageous price & watched me figitting from the shocks. NOT FUN! And it did nothing..........

I have waist length blonde hair, so the salon wanted me for a reverse braiding, one on each side & another down the center that circled my head. I lasted almost 2 weeks til they took it out without ripping my hair. We were in Mexco for 10 nights so I could swim, scuba dive, jus have fun without having to do my hair.

Many folks do this, as it is nice to get free messages, etc. But you have to be early (by noon I would say to get them).

I might be interested in being a spa model. Can you tell me more? Do you just go to the spa and offer? I'm kinda shy about that kind of thing but it just might be worth it.

Has anyone else been a spa model?

Thanks! 10 more days until my very first cruise!

Bev

Im going on my 6th cruise on 13th August and I cant wait im taking my cousin with me and he is only 19 so Im going to get Soda package for both of us. Im not really a drinker so I will just stick to soda's. I will however get a bottle of champagne for the stateroom. I guess $5.75 a day is good value if we will be drinking just soda's. We are doing Century Norwegian Fjords any advice or tipps much appreciated.

RCCL MAJESTY OF THE SEAS

RCCL SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS

ORIENT LINES MARCO POLO

SILVERSEA SILVER CLOUD

CC MILLENIUM

CENTURY 13TH AUGUST :)

Archived