Celebrity Secrets they usually don't tell you about

dmarch@islc.net

We just returned from 14 days on Infinity, 4/2/06 to 4/17/06. While on board, we wanted to book our Fall of 2007 cruise, to Hawaii, but Future Cruise Sales gal, Keli, said schedule wasn't out yet but would be by end of April. Our last night she sent us a message that they would be going on sale 4/26/06. She suggested we call Captain's Club daily, just in case it was released earlier. On last call on 4/25/06 it was still not available. So, 4/26/06 we called at 6:00am our time---9:00 eastern when Captain's Club opened, yes it was now available---3 cheers,:D as we have certain favorite cabins--all aft. There will be 4 cruises round trip Hawaii from San Diego, there are a total of 24 aft cabins per trip---so out of 96 aft cabins, we had a good choice, right?!?! Not ! Only 2 of 96 were still available ?? Remember, this is first day booking was open :(:( We did get what we wanted, but if we had called at 9:30 eastern time ? How do these cabins all get grabbed so fast---you can't hold a cabin for even an hour without a down-payment we were told. Can someone please give us some answers ?? We used to be able to put a hold on a cabin with Captain's Club for a day or so until our TA made it official and gave info for downpayment. >>We are Elite members with 25 cruises with Celebrity. <<

Very interesting circumstances. I, too, would be interested to know how that worked. I can't believe that the rest of the people slept by their phones and an alarm clock. Must have jammed the lines at 9:00 AM eastern.

Bobbie

Does anyone know if the use of the umbrella, tote bag and leather key holder is only for use while on the cruise, or do you get to take these goodies home with you?

How about the robes?

Thanks!

22 Days till sailing on Infinity! :D

We just returned from 14 days on Infinity, 4/2/06 to 4/17/06. While on board, we wanted to book our Fall of 2007 cruise, to Hawaii, but Future Cruise Sales gal, Keli, said schedule wasn't out yet but would be by end of April. Our last night she sent us a message that they would be going on sale 4/26/06. She suggested we call Captain's Club daily, just in case it was released earlier. On last call on 4/25/06 it was still not available. So, 4/26/06 we called at 6:00am our time---9:00 eastern when Captain's Club opened, yes it was now available---3 cheers,:D as we have certain favorite cabins--all aft. There will be 4 cruises round trip Hawaii from San Diego, there are a total of 24 aft cabins per trip---so out of 96 aft cabins, we had a good choice, right?!?! Not ! Only 2 of 96 were still available ?? Remember, this is first day booking was open :(:( We did get what we wanted, but if we had called at 9:30 eastern time ? How do these cabins all get grabbed so fast---you can't hold a cabin for even an hour without a down-payment we were told. Can someone please give us some answers ?? We used to be able to put a hold on a cabin with Captain's Club for a day or so until our TA made it official and gave info for downpayment. >>We are Elite members with 25 cruises with Celebrity. <<

Believe me when I tell you those cabins are in the hand of a travel agent. Check with your TA and I bet he or she can land you a cabin.

Does anyone know if the use of the umbrella, tote bag and leather key holder is only for use while on the cruise, or do you get to take these goodies home with you?

How about the robes?

Thanks!

Pat & Paul,

In answer to your questions:

Umbrella stays on the ship (At least in the suites, they made sure you didn't take it home! Otherwise you'd see it in your final bill.)

Tote bag and Leather key holder can go home with you

The robes you can purchase.Check with your cabin steward or up at the shops.

Hope the answers your questions!

Anita

How about the robes?

Thanks!

Pat & Paul,

In answer to your questions:

Umbrella stays on the ship (At least in the suites, they made sure you didn't take it home! Otherwise you'd see it in your final bill.)

Tote bag and Leather key holder can go home with you

The robes you can purchase.Check with your cabin steward or up at the shops.

Hope the answers your questions!

Anita

Looked at this post for the answer and never looked at who wrote it until now. LOL

Hi, deec....If your Galapagos cruise is on an Xpedition ship, I don't believe the shipboard credit will apply.

does it have to be a 10 day cruise or a 10 day trip?

we are on a galapogos trip but the crusie portion is only 7 days. should I contact RCL and ask? Where is this info officially posted.

Thanks everyone

Hopefully someone knows the answer to this question. I was so thrilled to find a CC room in the middle of the ship, now that I look at the layout of the Connie I see I'm right under the pool deck!!!!:eek:

I'm in room 9290 on the Connie, anyone know if it's noisy? or is the sound control great? Not going till March of 2007 so I might be able to twist my TA's arm and get a different room if I find this is a bad deal for me.

Thanks so much to anyone that can advise :)

Hopefully someone knows the answer to this question. I was so thrilled to find a CC room in the middle of the ship, now that I look at the layout of the Connie I see I'm right under the pool deck!!!!:eek:

I'm in room 9290 on the Connie, anyone know if it's noisy? or is the sound control great? Not going till March of 2007 so I might be able to twist my TA's arm and get a different room if I find this is a bad deal for me.

Thanks so much to anyone that can advise :)

Look here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=342484

I wouldn't hesitate to have one of the Sky Deck rooms again, sound really isn't all that bad. But given a choice I'd opt for deck 8.

a lot of cabins on sky deck are covered by large overhangs from above so there is limited sun, mostly shade, unless if your aft (very difficult to get). if you wish to be able to relax in the sun go to deck 7 or maybe 8.

enjoy it whatever deck your on.

I'm not sure if someone mentioned this already, but...

Don't buy the decks of cards from the gift shop, on the Mercury they give them to you for free if you ask nicely at the Guest Relations desk.

Note: After being use to Celebrity, we asked for cards on the Diamond Princess and they directed us to the gift shop.

Can anyone advise if you buy a soda card, do they also give you a glass or insulated cup?

Is it the usual coke cup?

Daphna

Yes, Celebrity does sell a soda card and yes, they give you the same old insulated cup. Last cruise we had a choice between a coke cup and a diet coke cup. They don't ask that you use the cup, they will be glad to serve the soda in a glass as long as they see the card.

Cheers!

Gee, I was on the Summit and had to beg for cards from the desk.

Both the Dawn & Sun Princess, gave me 2 brand new decks everytime I asked.

Go figure!

I'm not sure if someone mentioned this already, but...

Don't buy the decks of cards from the gift shop, on the Mercury they give them to you for free if you ask nicely at the Guest Relations desk.

Note: After being use to Celebrity, we asked for cards on the Diamond Princess and they directed us to the gift shop.

Crazy thought about canapies being servied in the conceirge class in the evenings. Since they have a sushi station, set up about the same time, do you think they will serve me sushi to my room. That would be a great appetizer for me..

interesting no:

Daphna

Getting back to the question about the playing cards. Yes, you can get them from the desk but only on loan. You have to sign several papers (in blood) swear on a bible and then repeat three times that you will return them to the desk. They threatened to charge us if we did not return. Now that's cutting cost!:(

Archived