Food ?'s

mattR

I love sweetbreads when prepared well......and frogs' legs as well.

Last time I had sweetbreads was at a restaurant called The Bay Tower Room which is an exquisite room with a fabulous view of Boston from a high one of the bank buildings in the city. Been a long time since I have seen them on a nice menu.

I ordered frogs' legs once on a Princess cruise....Ocean Princess. They were absolutely disgusting. The Chef did not have a clue how to prepare them and he could not have done a worse job IMO That was our last Princess cruise.....:) not only because of poorly prepared frogs' legs. :)

I think Iknick can give a very desciptive analysis of what he eats - after all, I think he eats in a mess hall! According to DH, you eat what is served or you go hungry... my DH spent 10+ yrs in the Marine Corp. - got out only by fluke in the 80's - but would eat darn near anything! His palate has been refined over the past 10 yrs since his discharge - but to this day, he will never send food back!
Eating in a mess hall may be true in the Marines. But I ate what I wanted as I was a General officer in the USAF on retirement after 43 years active and guard service. You know, RHIP.

I had blood pudding at The Hurlingham Club in London as I was a guest of a Scottsman. As I recall, I had prawns as my main plate [head on and all] and celery soup for a starter...but it was a while ago. BTW, this blood pudding was the real thing, made with some animal blood or so I was told.

And no, I would not have it again.

Iknick-

When possible, DH always chose to eat at the Air Force Chow Halls, he always said the food was much better than the Marines - especially in Japan! :) My BIL was AF... God Bless & God Speed!

My DH ate a few things (especially in Okinawa) he doesn't want to remember - so the HAL menu suits him fine!

Iknick-

When possible, DH always chose to eat at the Air Force Chow Halls, he always said the food was much better than the Marines

Well, you know you don't want to give a hungry person a seven million dollar piece of equipment he can break.

EKerr19

*LOL* Your husband reminds me of my Dad, When he was in Japan during WWII he said he had a few meals he would rather forget.

His famous joke was about the Thanksgiving all the guys in the Platoon were treated to a 22lb Tom.

And ya know with a lot of gravy and stuffing on the side, a cat doesn't taste that bad *LOL*

I think he was kidding, but with him, you never knew :)

"On Dutch night, they have white cotton Dutch hats for the ladies and black caps at the gentlemen's seats."

Are you suppose to wear these?

If you wish, you certainly can wear them.

Some folks do; some folks do not.

My mother's family is Italian (making me half Italian!), and tripe cooked in a spicy tomato sauce is quite tasty. Just like liver, if it's overcooked, it's no good. Haven't eaten tripe in years. Have never eaten tongue.

Roz

Archived