Hotel mess up

efan82

I have been reading this thread and laughing my head off, you would think a corporation this large could afford to hire a proofreader!!!!!

ROTFLMAO at your post.

PSSST! Have you forgotten the brochures from RCCL with the JS's entitled to Concierge Service. :eek: :D BIG business and no proof reader. :rolleyes:

LOL I forgot the price of the inside cabins on RCCL for over $100,000. More than once too. ;)

I'm not sure what I should do since I was told emphatically no. I certainly don't want to travel down there, even with a confirmation in hand, and have them refuse and I can't find a place to stay.

Call back. That is what I am doing. You can also now include the fact that they are honoring it for others.:)

I am glad to hear others are getting told they will honor the price also..

Well don't know who is going to be going first...but mine is April 28th and I'll let everyone know what happens...

Trust me I am also taking the papers that I cancel my other reservation at a different hotel....the day that was told yes they will honor the price and recieved the second confirmation and noted that I was going to be a late arrival.

For those following this thread, DW did call back and spoke with a manager at the hotel who said yes they were honoring the price and looked at it as a promotion. DW got the name of the manager and the manager sent another confirmation.

I'm quite surprised and thank the Marriot for this very nice gesture.

For those following this thread, DW did call back and spoke with a manager at the hotel who said yes they were honoring the price and looked at it as a promotion. DW got the name of the manager and the manager sent another confirmation.

I'm quite surprised and thank the Marriot for this very nice gesture.

I am glad to hear that your going to get it honored also...

Do you mind if you give me the managers name...

I spoke with the corporate office...so might look better if I have the managers name also if they give me any kind of hard time....if you don't mind.

you can send it to jabber363@hotmail.com if you would like instead of posting it...

This makes me think alot of them that they are going to stand behind their mistake....

I sure will think of them quicker the next time I come back to Miami!:D

I just read this whole thread and I can relate to this very well. I work in the online travel biz (for the Gnome!) and we have this issue commonly with our hotel partners when they enter their rates wrong on our site. I'm glad to hear they're honoring your rates. In fact, my previous job was front desk manager for a large Marriott in Florida so I'm glad my peeps are on it!

FYI--there are very bad websites online that solely expose rate errors such as these for hotels, airfare and more! Typically the hotels/online company's monitor them on a daily basis and will turn their property off until the rates get fixed.

I just read this whole thread and I can relate to this very well. I work in the online travel biz (for the Gnome!) and we have this issue commonly with our hotel partners when they enter their rates wrong on our site. I'm glad to hear they're honoring your rates. In fact, my previous job was front desk manager for a large Marriott in Florida so I'm glad my peeps are on it!

FYI--there are very bad websites online that solely expose rate errors such as these for hotels, airfare and more! Typically the hotels/online company's monitor them on a daily basis and will turn their property off until the rates get fixed.

So did you honor the rates when there was a mess up..

I am just so happy that I got on it...It will be the best deal I ever got...probablly for a long time!

I have to say with them honor the mistake do make you think more of the place and would tend to stay there quicker the next time...if they wouldn't I don't know ..

Yes, they did put it down fast afterwards and couldn't find the location at all on their website...and then the price was corrected!

Mike-

I would also appreciate it if you would email me the managers name. I have 3 rooms booked under this 'special' and would feel so much better armed with the name. My email address is kbogli@aol.com

I am thankful to all the folks that have called and worked this out.

Bev

Me too, Mike or Bev. suefalls2 at yahoo dot com Thanks in advance.

Sue and Vicki, you have email. Sue I didn't know you had made reservations. Did you get in before they closed it down?

Only thought I have here gang is that although I am more then glad to share the name, I hate to see this person bombarded with the same requests at one time. Quite frankly, I think the issue is well known down there by now and it's not going to be a problem as long as you contact the hotel in Miami directly and not corporate reservations. You need to make sure you're talking with in-house reservations at the hotel.

The more I think about this, the more I think Marriot will see more of my business because of this.

Mike see that is what I agree that since they are standing behind their mistake will make me stay there quicker.

Maybe I should also call the hotel itself ...I know I had got a yes from corporate office...but..

Would be curious how many people that got this deal...but I think it is all different times of the year...so it's not like all on one weekend...I doubt if they are always booked full...

I know corporate was very quick to tell me to call the hotel direct and to make sure I asked to speak with the manager.

I have stayed at this hotel before. It's a nice place. They have free parking and will allow you to leave your car during your cruise. I had already planned to stay there again when I sailed out of Miami, just for the parking.

Julie, did you get a name from the corporate office and did you get a second email confirmation. I think that would be enough. What I plan to do, just in case someone were to question it, is I will bring down a copy of my phone bill that shows the time I called, as well as the new email confirmation I received (which are within 10 minutes of each other). It would be difficult for even a new person to not see that I did call and did receive verification of the rate and reservation.

Sue and Vicki, you have email. Sue I didn't know you had made reservations. Did you get in before they closed it down?

Yes, I got in on it . I might be the first stay. ( Apr 6-8) I booked it for my brothers family and my mother, who will be visiting them. I haven't talked to the manager yet. Will call today.

We stay at Marriotts Harbor Beach in Fort Lauderdale every year, and I also just stayed at their Desert Ridge, Phoenix in Dec. We usually stay at least our 10 nights a year with Marriott to maintain Silver status with them. I find they are a great company to stay with.

Yes, I got in on it . I might be the first stay. ( Apr 6-8) I booked it for my brothers family and my mother, who will be visiting them. I haven't talked to the manager yet. Will call today.

We stay at Marriotts Harbor Beach in Fort Lauderdale every year, and I also just stayed at their Desert Ridge, Phoenix in Dec. We usually stay at least our 10 nights a year with Marriott to maintain Silver status with them. I find they are a great company to stay with.

your before me ...so do let us know how your treated when you show up...

I just hung up from the hotel directly and was told yes, not to worry, that they would honor the price. The guy I spoke to laughed and asked if I knew how many more people were going to call. WTG Marriott. Like a lot of you, I will book more with Marriott because they are honoring this.

Don't suppose you would want to tell us the names of some of those websites??

by the way, If you sign up for a marriott credit card they will automatically give you a free night stay and getting a second night is very easy using the credit card. We did this for our cruise last year and this year as well, very nice rooms and free! So those of you who feel bad about taking advantage of a 2.00 price for your room, just think of all the rooms they are giving for free intentionally. And we will also stay at Marriot in the future as we had a very pleasant stay.

.........So those of you who feel bad about taking advantage of a 2.00 price for your room, just think of all the rooms they are giving for free intentionally. And we will also stay at Marriot in the future as we had a very pleasant stay.

I'm starting to get over my bad feeling. Now if I could locate an airline error. :D

Archived