Hotel mess up

efan82

Has anyone stayed at the Springhill yet with the messed up pricing? I received an email confirmation (computer generated) this morning for my upcoming stay (this Saturday) at the price of $2.24.

I plan to call the hotel directly this week and request an email confirmation from them before I cancel my other reservation elsewhere.

Has anyone been successful yet?

I just was told by the manager yes, they are going to honor them....

So you will have to let us know how your stay was....how they treated you when you checked in with this rate....mine isn't until the end of April...so really curious how your stay goes!

Has anyone stayed at the Springhill yet with the messed up pricing? I received an email confirmation (computer generated) this morning for my upcoming stay (this Saturday) at the price of $2.24.

I plan to call the hotel directly this week and request an email confirmation from them before I cancel my other reservation elsewhere.

Has anyone been successful yet?

Tell us more.

sj25: Did you speak to them this morning???? I am going to call today if I have time later. Hope they will not stick us in the really bad room that no one ever wants. Like one that is mildewy or has a bug problem or something even worse. I would rather keep my other reservation and have a satisfactory stay. We won't be arriving until 6:00 pm or so. I wish I wasn't the first one.

No, Marriott took the price down that same day....probably saw a large quantity of reservations all at once and discovered the error. They never emailed any of us to say oops, sorry. Then I received the email confirmation the same day with the price reflected. Today I recieved an email again saying they are looking forward to my stay with the same price reflected. These were computer generated emails tho.

I need to speak to a real person who will send me a follow up email before I feel comfortable.

We have 3 rooms booked at the $1.99 rate and I have no doubt we will be given a regular room just like any other guest. Remember hotels GIVE rooms away all the time. We have used points, promo's and such for free rooms and were treated no different than any other time. It is in their best interest to honor this rate and not make a stink about it, they would just end up loosing future guests. By Marriott honoring this rate we will be putting them at the top of our list for future stays.

Bev

FYI Just received the following email (unsolicited):

March 21, 2007

Dear Miami Spring Hill Suites Guest,

Thank you for your recent booking at our hotel. As I am sure you are aware, the rate that you received was the result of a typographical error, as Spring Hill Suites does not sell rooms in any location for $1.99 per night. Our regular rate for the time of your booking (and the rate that should have been displayed when you made the reservation) was $199 per night. Although we cannot offer you the reservation at the rate previously quoted, we have discounted the rate to $169 per night. Should you prefer to cancel your reservation, please let us know.

We are sorry for the inconvenience that this error has caused. Please accept our sincere apologies for this disappointing experience. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you to a Marriott sometime soon.

You are welcome to reply to this email address: cfrst.revmgmt.hq@marriott.com

We are cancelling.

Today I got 3 conformation emails from Springhill suites. I had orginially booked 3 rooms under the $1.99 rate, they have split up the booking into 3 seperate bookings at the $129 rate. My $1.99 rate has vanished. Make sure you check your emails and check your conformation. The $129 rate is a good one though.....compared to $199.

At least they notified me long before my trip and not when I got there..

Bev

I got mine also...but I just think it's not fair to the point that two different people said yes...it was to be honor and even the manager then almost a month later they decide no.

I don't think I am going to keep the reservation....

I just wrote them back a lenghty letter, not sure if it will make any difference or not. I suggest that everyone who received a "new" confirmation and that other letter reply to the person and show your displeasure. Word of mouth is a very powerful way to spread the word for both good and BAD experiences.

I just wrote them back a lenghty letter, not sure if it will make any difference or not. I suggest that everyone who received a "new" confirmation and that other letter reply to the person and show your displeasure. Word of mouth is a very powerful way to spread the word for both good and BAD experiences.

Have to let me know if you hear anything...because I did send an email also and said was not happy with them after calling twice and was told even by the manager yes, so then I went and cancel my reservations at a differernt place....and a month later they decide no now.

It would of been different if they said no one of the two times I called.

I just got off the phone with the number they gave us in the email...

I think they need to hear it from us...

The guy said it's an open issue.....I made the point that was not the cost but the ideal when I called and asked if it was going to be honor they said yes at coporate and then also when I called the hotel itself.

Then a month later they send email and decided it is not going to be honor. It don't show much for them I don't think.

He said it's still an open issue with them. So don't know what they are doing.

But just wonder if anyone else called and let them know what they think about how they handle the issue!

I didn't get in on the rate, but that is what I would do. You have confirmations and names and emails. After your stay, if they don't honor your rate, contact your credit card company and dispute the charge. Forward all copies of confirmations and emails and give a list of names and dates and times of who you talked to. Many times, they can get the vendor to honor their agreements. Just an idea.

See I don't know if they hope alot will just cancel and that is less have to hassle with and see who will still make a stink about it....since it is still an open issue at the corporate office.

I feel they really need to be told people will know what the results turn out if it's going to be a good word of mouth or bad and it's their choice right now...

Because my husband came up with a point ...is even if it was say it was 150. they still have the right to change it anytime they want to and you would never know until you show up....so you can't trust their word or internet!

FYI Just received the following email (unsolicited):

March 21, 2007

Dear Miami Spring Hill Suites Guest,

Thank you for your recent booking at our hotel. As I am sure you are aware, the rate that you received was the result of a typographical error, as Spring Hill Suites does not sell rooms in any location for $1.99 per night. Our regular rate for the time of your booking (and the rate that should have been displayed when you made the reservation) was $199 per night. Although we cannot offer you the reservation at the rate previously quoted, we have discounted the rate to $169 per night. Should you prefer to cancel your reservation, please let us know.

We are sorry for the inconvenience that this error has caused. Please accept our sincere apologies for this disappointing experience. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you to a Marriott sometime soon.

You are welcome to reply to this email address: cfrst.revmgmt.hq@marriott.com

We are cancelling.

Not very good guest services on the part of Marriott who is ultimately the likely party responsible for the error.

I had a Hilton in Melbourne (Australia, not Florida) quote an incorrect rate by about 20-25% off the other lowest rate. I received an e-mail from their rez manager who caught the error. They informed me that there was an error with the price listed however they honored the price. The only reason they e-mailed me to point it out was to let me know that I would not be able to get the same rate for future visits. Very nice, as we needed to stay at that hotel due to getting in from Adelaide late and going out to LAX early the next morning.

Too bad you were not treated the same way! Enjoy your cruise!!!

I think what made me mad so much is we did contact them and said I know it was a mistake but are you going to honor it and we asked them two times and they said yes that they was going to honor it. Then to come back on their word!

So to me they are not a hotel chain I want to deal with anymore since they don't stand behind what they say verbal that they would honor it not a typed error telling yes they will honor it.

That's the exact letter I got Dave. If they do not honor it, I am going to cancel as well, HOWEVER, I will not cancel until the last possible minute so that that room may go unrented. Had they honored it, we would have done room service for lunch, dinner and breakfast the following morning of the cruise. Not to mention revenue from the lounge! Bad thinking on their part but they are so big I'm sure they could care less.

I didn't get the email since we just changed our email address, but I looked on their website and our reservation is listed as $129/night. I probably will cancel at the last minute as it is out of the way for a late flight into FLL. Anyone have any ideas of something close to FLL and inexpensive. (Just need a bed for the night.)

DW called and got some manager at corporate who would lower price to $99 from $129. After hearing story about the reconfirmation after speaking with hotel manager in Florida, this manager asked that we email info and reconfirmation note so they can look into it. Did that yesterday and waiting.

I sure hope they look into it more...because I tried to make the point that their verbal quote they don't even keep..because they said yes, it was going to stay at that price...so to me that is a quote...twice they did to me. That I don't see how the waiver for the internet can cover them saying yes they would honor it and now back out of that.

You go next week don't you?

Archived