Hotel mess up

efan82

It wasn't too wise to come in here and share the wealth, his or her chance of getting the room at that price has been greatly diminished because of it. I mean, Marriott would be much more likely to honor a single mistake.

Let's face it, just about everyone, including most likely, the OP knew that the price was an error, and booked the room seeking to take advantage of that error, not in the belief that the offer was real. The only reason that Marriott would honor this price would be for PR purposes. If you were dealing with a small Mom and Pop operation, would you be as quick to take advantage of such an obvious mistake and not feel any twinges of conscience, or is it because the error was made by a large corporation? :confused::rolleyes:

It wasn't too wise to come in here and share the wealth, his or her chance of getting the room at that price has been greatly diminished because of it. I mean, Marriott would be much more likely to honor a single mistake.

I think my chance of getting the price was better in a group than one person that they could make mad. Maybe I could have at least got it for $75/night. I was pretty sure I wouldn't get 1.99. Shortly after I posted, they told me the hotel would not honor this obvious mistake. Oh well, I didn't want to stay there anyway!:p Now I am trying to decide if I should cancel or not.

Let's face it, just about everyone, including most likely, the OP knew that the price was an error, and booked the room seeking to take advantage of that error, not in the belief that the offer was real. The only reason that Marriott would honor this price would be for PR purposes. If you were dealing with a small Mom and Pop operation, would you be as quick to take advantage of such an obvious mistake and not feel any twinges of conscience, or is it because the error was made by a large corporation? :confused::rolleyes:

Where did I here, "let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Of course we were going to have fun with it and if the company stood by the price, the luckier we are...if they don't, no biggie. Ahh the I am holier then thou strikes again. ;) :rolleyes:

Are you kidding me? At 199.00 a night before tax, the hotel corporation should feel badly, not me. They don't think twice about ripping people off for a bed for the evening at all. Are you telling me that if you see an item mismarked at say Target or JC Penny you wouldn't take advantage of it? Give me a break and get off the high horse you are sitting on. Maybe someone should double check before publishing a price on a website, eh?

"Are you telling me that if you see an item mismarked at say Target or JC Penny you wouldn't take advantage of it? "

Yeah, that IS what I'm telling you. DH, DD, DS and I went to local teppanyaki grill with a large group, waitress charged DS & I only $2.98 for two entrees that should have been $22 each. You would not have believed the woman's face when I informed her of the mistake and asked her to correct it before I paid it:eek: Just because someone messes up doesn't give you the right to take advantage. Think how you would feel if you were the one who messed up and had to pay the difference (like that poor waitress would have had to):mad: This is how I choose to live my life, and I think it would be better if everyone else did too.:)

"Are you telling me that if you see an item mismarked at say Target or JC Penny you wouldn't take advantage of it? "

Yeah, that IS what I'm telling you. DH, DD, DS and I went to local teppanyaki grill with a large group, waitress charged DS & I only $2.98 for two entrees that should have been $22 each. You would not have believed the woman's face when I informed her of the mistake and asked her to correct it before I paid it:eek: Just because someone messes up doesn't give you the right to take advantage. Think how you would feel if you were the one who messed up and had to pay the difference (like that poor waitress would have had to):mad: This is how I choose to live my life, and I think it would be better if everyone else did too.:)

Well you get the honest citizen of the year award.

It was Marriott's "menu", I even told them about it, but not the specifics of where it was. I kept waiting for it to get corrected somewhere along the line. I have never been to jail and haven't done anything to earn a cell. I was just looking for the best deal possible. As they say in NASCAR, "if you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'."

(tounge firmly in cheek) Thank you:D

I'll reserve my "tongue in cheek" comment. Some of you are taking this way to seriously. The horse you're sitting on is not as high as you may think. Everyone, take a deep breath. Some of us are having a little fun with this and some of you guys want to whine the holier than thou tune.

In the the words of the young generation...CHILL! ;)

By the way, anyone hear recently of the sale in a store (I think New York) of what was thought to be a replica of the Constitution (I think) and it turned out to be something more. For a few bucks spent in the store, this guy is going to make several hundred thousands of dollars. Just terrible! :D

I wonder if anyone has made anything on a mistake in a garage sale. Oh I know it's different...or is it.........it's all in the "moral" of one's story.

For those of you who was lucky enough to book at the under $2.00 rate, what is the word from Marriott. Are they going to honor their official confirmations with you, as their e-mails say? Or are they putting up a big fuss and refusing to honor their web prices? I for one would like to hear updates from those who have contacted the company. Please keep us posted on this.

For those of you who was lucky enough to book at the under $2.00 rate, what is the word from Marriott. Are they going to honor their official confirmations with you, as their e-mails say? Or are they putting up a big fuss and refusing to honor their web prices? I for one would like to hear updates from those who have contacted the company. Please keep us posted on this.

To each their own opinion .....but I did call and they told me yes, they will honor the mistake...so I took the person's name I spoke with at the corporate office...also made sure they know I am late arrival and he sent me another confirmation the day I spoke with him ...so will take both of them with me...will let you know when I come back from my cruise if they gave me any hard time when I show up to the motel.

Will be curious. I will be there April 28th

I know there is ones that think I am wrong to take them on this mistake.

i called the 1-888-287-9400 it's where your to modify or cancel reservations...and I asked if this price will be honored since I will be a late arrival and it most likely going to be charged to my card by the time I get there...because I know after a certain time they charge your card...and he put me on hold for awhile and then came back....

I called on Friday about 1:30pm

So did anyone else call and what experience did you have?

Well, I did call, they put me on hold, passed me around, and finally told me no way. Said they would be informing us some how. I did my best dissappointed impression but couldn't complain too loud. Oh well, it's been fun.

When did you call?

I'll be curious...guess we will be just finding a motel if it don't go through...

I would agree it's been fun and wouldn't of like to be the one that did the mistake...you would think they would view their site better then that...before posted.

My roomie on my last cruise happened across an error on another hotel's booking site. It wasn't as extreme as this one (which is pretty obviously a misplaced decimal) - but she got a room in FLL that normally goes for $320 for somewhere in the $30 range. AND THEY HONORED IT! Combine that with free airfare (she took a bump on her homeward flight on a prior cruise) and three visits from the price drop fairy in the 6 weeks before the cruise - did she get a deal on her vacation, or what???

When did you call?

I'll be curious...guess we will be just finding a motel if it don't go through...

I would agree it's been fun and wouldn't of like to be the one that did the mistake...you would think they would view their site better then that...before posted.

Just after I read the number you posted.

I agree with that! I worked at amazon.com, and occasionally there would be a pricing error that made it through (as far as I understand, most of the pricing is automatic, and computer goofs can happen). The first few who found it innocently would usually have it go through without much notice being taken. But then they would tell two friends and they'd tell two friends...and that huge interest would cause the higher powers to look at it, orders would be cancelled, and no one further would get it at that price. It was always the leap in "hits" on the page and orders made that got their attention...

DH, DD, DS and I went to local teppanyaki grill with a large group, waitress charged DS & I only $2.98 for two entrees that should have been $22 each. You would not have believed the woman's face when I informed her of the mistake and asked her to correct it before I paid it:eek: Just because someone messes up doesn't give you the right to take advantage. Think how you would feel if you were the one who messed up and had to pay the difference (like that poor waitress would have had to):mad: This is how I choose to live my life, and I think it would be better if everyone else did too.:)

I try to do that too. I'm not religious, but if I had to choose it would be Buddhist or towards the pagan side, and both of those involve the concept that what you put out to the universe will be returned to you...I'd prefer to get GOOD stuff coming back at me! :)

I spoke to Marriott and they said they will honor the price. They sent me another confirmation and also spoke to the front desk of the hotel. I was on hold forever, but feel confident that it will be OK. They said the airlines have this happen all the time. The rep said he wished he could have found it and got that price also. Now they get more good PR on this board!

Thanks for the update sj25 and efan82. :) I too called and was put on hold, then transferred and finally told no it would not be honored. :(

I pressed the issue and they contacted the hotel direct. They came back to tell me yes the hotel was honoring the confirmation. :)

The representive said that was the best price he ever saw. He also said he wished his wife shopped that good!

Thanks to this board I have an unbelievable rate for my precruise. Not in the area I want to be, but at that price who cares.

Marriott is standing by their confirmations. Way to go Marriott!

Thanks for posting the tip on a fantastic and unbelievable hotel price!!!:D

Archived