Hotel mess up

efan82

I emailed them again today and I'm calling tomorrow. I'm not giving up yet.

Great I have sent them two emails also and called once....but I think I might call again and ask for a manager....because mine is coming up the end of April...I think the issue is that they told us verbal that yes...

Great I have sent them two emails also and called once....but I think I might call again and ask for a manager....because mine is coming up the end of April...I think the issue is that they told us verbal that yes...

I agree, I don't know who you spoke to but I'm glad I wrote down who I spoke to, what day and time, lol.

I emailed them. Also cancelled reservations. I am only Silver in the Marriott program so they could care less, so I expect a form reply. I only had original confirmation, as when I called the manager ,that you guys talked to, wasn't available. I didn't want to talk to anyone else. Figured they would renege.

Just another reason to reconsider where I spend my hotel dollars.

I agree, I don't know who you spoke to but I'm glad I wrote down who I spoke to, what day and time, lol.

I am glad also I did mark down who I spoke with and then had the first one email me another confirmation because I said I was going to be a late arrival and wanted to make sure I was not going to be charged more.

if it comes down they don't give us the price I will cancel the night before and I will never stay there...because I don't want to deal with people that actually speak to you and change their plan when they are a business.

People let it go. It was obviously a mistake. They were more than fair to offer the discounted rate. I booke a $2 room but when I go the email I canceled. Why does everyone have some sense of entitlement here? Some poor programmer made an honest mistake and everyone knew that is what it was when they booked. Marriott was more than generous with the discounted rate. Quit spending time on this and book another hotel. If you get the $2 rate you are going to have $500 in time invested in getting it.

People let it go. It was obviously a mistake. They were more than fair to offer the discounted rate. I booke a $2 room but when I go the email I canceled. Why does everyone have some sense of entitlement here? Some poor programmer made an honest mistake and everyone knew that is what it was when they booked. Marriott was more than generous with the discounted rate. Quit spending time on this and book another hotel. If you get the $2 rate you are going to have $500 in time invested in getting it.

Yes, it was a mistake and that is why I called twice to make sure if they was going to honor it....

Its the point that when your told twice that yes, that would be the price...would you like any company be able to change their mind anytime they want to. That they don't have to stand behind their word at all.

Yes, it was a mistake and that is why I called twice to make sure if they was going to honor it....

Its the point that when your told twice that yes, that would be the price...would you like any company be able to change their mind anytime they want to. That they don't have to stand behind their word at all.

Fine but is all this worth you time and stress you have put into it? I wouldn't honor a $2 rate and I personally commend Marriott for what they did offer. There is a point you just let things go and move on.

After reading everything my advice is, book something else. If they come through in the end then great but if they don't where are you planning to stay? I have to agree with Ashley. Don't stress about this any longer. Just concentrate on having a nice vacation.

I am really surprised that no one has taken this up with the Better Business Bureau or Angie's List yet. No Corporation wants a record with the BBB. Yes, it takes time to fill out and document the paperwork, but my husband and I have had great success with this in the past. And I think for something of this nature, it'd be a valid argument. I'd do it just to have a few extra bucks to spend on the cruise.

If you have a verbal agreement on the phone with the location's manager, then it should be honored. You could look at this as a breech of contract that could also be contested with your credit card (assuming you used a CC to hold the room).

From a customer service standpoint, this is unacceptable.

No one has contacted me at all. I saw it on the website for my Marriott Rewards and reservations. I looked after seeing on the board that they jacked up everyone else's rates. I was going to book at a Hilton as a backup, but their good rates can not be canceled, so I am still waiting to see what happens with this.

No one has called me either. When I call corporate, I get told "someone will get back to you" I've already booked another hotel, but without cancellation penalty. And to Ashley, thanks for the advice but since it's my time, I think I'll choose to do with it what I would like ;-)

It's not the money, trust me, it's the principle.

• 2 weeks later...
I am glad also I did mark down who I spoke with and then had the first one email me another confirmation because I said I was going to be a late arrival and wanted to make sure I was not going to be charged more.

if it comes down they don't give us the price I will cancel the night before and I will never stay there...because I don't want to deal with people that actually speak to you and change their plan when they are a business.

Have you decided what you are going to do? I think you are the first one to go. I just wanted to know because my other option was something that I can not cancel. Good luck and have a great cruise!:)

I have not read every single response to this thread, so forgive mei s this has aready been said.

I work in central reservations for a large hotel chain (not the one in question here). You need to be deaing with the hotel directly, and not someone (even a manager) in central reservations (the toll-free numbers). Most hotels are independantly owned and operated. Therefore, central will not and cannot get involved in rate issues. Would you really take the word of someone in a call center that the rate will be honored?

We had a similar situation come up about a year ago. One of our properties had rooms available online for $1.50. About 30 reservations were made before the hotel realized what happened. They contacted the guests who had booked and let them know that the rate would be honored, but central did not get involved. Reservations agents who recieved calls from guests questioning the rate were referred to the hotel directly.

• 1 month later...

I will say we did end up spending the night here...but wasn't for the rate they advertised...by mistake...we got it for 84.00 the matched what we had...at other place...so we thought this was going to be a nicer place.

Well was a mistake and would never stay there again!

The directions they give on their site are rotten...we drove around and around for an hour just on these couples roads...because it was like a turn and turn and another turn then say a quick left ....well they consider a turn differnt...then we get to the place checking in and said to the lady your directions are bad...she starts to laugh and said if you got the ones from the internet and not from here you will never find this place...well we did after almost a divorce...lol

It was a nice place but not around anything...you have to drive aways to get anywhere...and don't ask them for directions they handed us a paper and they even then did a left on the paper and it was a right turn....

so was not impressed at all.....never get my business again.

• 3 months later...

Just wondering if anyone else has stayed here. Was the Ooops price of $1.99 honored? We have a room here for this Saturday and I am still pushing for them to honor their price. Was anyone successful? Post and tell us your story. How did you make out?

• 1 month later...

Yes, I did it! :) I got Marriott to honor my orginial confirmation for $1.99 plus tax. Total bill was $2.25. :D LOL

It seems like no one else was successful in getting Marriott to honor their confirmation. :confused: I am glad I did not give up but stuck by my orginial booking confirmation.

The hotel was a bit hard to find, with the directions I had. The hotel itself was excellent. Our room was very large and spacious. The hotel staff was very friendly and attentive. Would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat.

Way to go Marriott! :cool:

It's nice when someone does actually honor a confirmation, even when it is such a big error.

I was lucky and got a $30 oceanfront room at the Sheraton Yankee Clipper this past February (high season) and they honored the rate. The actual rate on the room was supposed to be $300.

I do not work for Marriot, but do work for another large hotel chain.

These kind of errors happen all the time. Its not as simple as hiring a proofreader. Rates are in a constant state of flux, changing every minute of the day.

We are very upfront about the fact that if somehting like this happens, we will not honor the discrepancy, but will contact he guest ot advise them of what happened and what the true rate is. If it is unacceptable, we will cancel the reservation for the guest.

Archived