6 Days!!!

We leave for Miami in 6 days and board in 7!!! 4 night Bahamas on Majesty! I'm super excited, which i know you all can understand and relate to!

I wanted to hop on here and check to see if i'm missing something, so i was wondering if any of you could think of something you may have forgotten or almost forgotten before a cruise. Also if there is anything i should definitely take with me that wouldn't be on regular packing list and/or some tips for when i'm on the ship.

Another question: if we have an early flight on the last day, when do we fill out a paper/let the cruise staff (whoever) know we need to disembark early?

I greatly appreciate anything you have to offer.

Since irons are illegal, get a bottle of wrinkle guard. It's a spray created by the same makers of Fabreze. You can find it in any stores, esp. Wal Mart.

DO NOT PACK clothes in airtight bags!!!!

Trust me on this, I followed that "sound advice" from someone on the boards, and we were walking about looking as if we wore clothes that sat in a corner.

We leave for Miami in 6 days and board in 7!!! 4 night Bahamas on Majesty! I'm super excited, which i know you all can understand and relate to!

I wanted to hop on here and check to see if i'm missing something, so i was wondering if any of you could think of something you may have forgotten or almost forgotten before a cruise. Also if there is anything i should definitely take with me that wouldn't be on regular packing list and/or some tips for when i'm on the ship.

Another question: if we have an early flight on the last day, when do we fill out a paper/let the cruise staff (whoever) know we need to disembark early?

I greatly appreciate anything you have to offer.

I have never told anybody this because it was so stupid... but when my wife and I drove down to Florida for Mariner a couple years back, I got about 2 hours from the house and realized that I left my hanging bag

in my office next to the front door. Also, a hurricane has just hit Florida that week, so gas prices were about $2.95 a gallon, so I lost about $50 on gas having to drive that Tahoe back home, that'll teach you to drive a car to Florida that gets 15 miles a gallon :rolleyes: .

Bottom line... remember all of your suitcases :D ! We are leaving in 4 weeks from today on Sovereign for a 4 night Bahamas. It is going to be our shortest cruise in 7 years, so I'm hoping it won't go by too quick!

I stole the following lists from Plan & Enjoy Your Cruise by Fodor's FYI (very nice book, btw)... I may have modified it to meet my personal needs, but I hope it's still helpful!

Carry-On Packing List

• Bathing suit
  • Bottle of water
  • Cameras (disposable)
  • Change of clothing (for 2 days)
  • Documents (passport, etc)
  • Guidebook (for excursions at ports)
  • Prescription meds (in original containers)
  • Toiletries

Cruise Passenger’s Packing List

• Alarm clock
  • Allergy pills (antihistamines)
  • Antidiarrheal meds
  • Bathing suit and cover-up
  • Batteries
  • Binoculars
  • Cap or sun hat
  • Deodorant
  • Feminine hygiene products
  • First-aid kit w. Band-Aids, motion sickness tablets, pain relievers
  • Formalwear
  • Hair brush
  • Insect repellent w. DEET
  • Knapsack or day pack (for shore excursions)
  • Lip balm
  • Long-sleeved shirt & long pants
  • Maps
  • Moisturizer
  • Money: credit or cash
  • Notepaper or a journal
  • Pens
  • Document pouch or money belt
  • Rubber bands, plastic bags, resealable plastic bags
  • Sandals/slippers
  • Seasickness meds (Bonine, Dramamine)
  • Shorts
  • Sleeping mask, earplugs
  • Socks
  • Sports equipment
  • Sunscreen
  • Sunglasses/clip-ons
  • Toiletries bag (shaving items, contact lens, toothbrush and toothpaste, hair products)
  • Walking shoes
  • Water bottle
  • Watch
  • Windbreaker, raincoat, or poncho (light-weight)
  • Workout clothes

Now I have a question... What is the best way to carry money/credit cards around, especially when you participate in water excursions? Is there some kind of waterproof wallet that I can chain to myself...?

countdown.pl?name=cutieusagi&date=3-12-2007&image=Beach-2&text=Bahamas... here we come!&ship=Majesty of the Seas

Now I have a question... What is the best way to carry money/credit cards around, especially when you participate in water excursions? Is there some kind of waterproof wallet that I can chain to myself...?

i use the waterproof pocket that comes in the men's speedo bathing suits (i borrow my dad's or my bf brings his)... i've seen somewhere on here that some people double zip lock bag it if they have zip/velcro pockets in their dh or bf's bathing suits... i know you can purchase waterproof containers that will have like a necklace lanyard to wear around your neck..

thanks for the list :)

I'm just so jealous.

KruzeRcI..........I'm interested to know how you enjoy your short cruise. My husband and I were talking tonight about some of the good deals for 3-4 night cruises. After you get used to the longer ones, I'm curious to know how you adjust to the shorter ones.

Archived