Portofino Menu?

Can anyone tell me what is on the Portofino Menu? Is it basically the same as the dining room except it is served with a higher level of service and more intimate setting? We are a very close knit family of 5 and we would have to send our youngest daughter (9) to Johnny Rockets and even though I'm sure she'd have a great time with Ocean Adventure I'm wondering if the experience is really that much better than the dining room. My oldest daughter wants lobster...is that offered in the dining room or at Portofinos? We are traveling on the Voyager on spring break. Thanks for your help.

Can anyone tell me what is on the Portofino Menu? Is it basically the same as the dining room except it is served with a higher level of service and more intimate setting? We are a very close knit family of 5 and we would have to send our youngest daughter (9) to Johnny Rockets and even though I'm sure she'd have a great time with Ocean Adventure I'm wondering if the experience is really that much better than the dining room. My oldest daughter wants lobster...is that offered in the dining room or at Portofinos? We are traveling on the Voyager on spring break. Thanks for your help.

The very best lobster is in Portofinos. It is part of the Seafood Skewer. The food, service and ambiance in Portofinos is far superior to that in the dining room.

http://www.thepreismans.com/Freedom_menus.htm

Just returned from Western Caribbean on Explorer of the Seas. Our family (group of 10) throughly enjoyed the dining experience at Portofinos, it is very elegant and delightful. If you plan on going, be sure to make your reservation early in the cruise.

we just got off AOS and did Portofinos. My husband's filet was fantastic, and I had the seafood skewer. I could not eat the salmon, it was very fishy. Lobster was small. Our lobster in the main dining room was excellent. It was very relaxing, beautiful, and the presentations of the food in Portofinos was great.

We too just got off AOS..and dined at Portifinos..

It is a seperate menu, much more gourmet and elegant..

I had the Veal for dinner and my boyfriend had the lobster skewer..both were delicious...

I also highly recommend the chilled soup..it was a gazpacho type soup with scallops and avacado..very very good..

This was well worth the $ 20.00

They even gave us chocolate covered strawberries after our desserts..

On AOS what nite did you go to Portofino's? We are sailing this Sunday and definitely want to make reservations.

We went there on the 2nd day at sea ( Thur) which was formal night..and we did dress up...much more relaxed since we werent running around all day in port..

When you get on the ship..go directly to Portofinos ( deck 11)...and make sure to make your reservatoins..they fill up FAST!!!

Allie

On AOS Aruba route, Tuesday and Wednesday are the days I would go to Portofino. Sunday is boarding night, Monday and Thursday are the formal nights (which I love), Friday is the night they serve lobster in the main dining room, and Saturday is the last night (and if you like your tablemates, you won't want to miss the good-byes)

we are on the ADVENTURE OF THE SEA'S next week and plan to dine at portofino's on tuesday...eat around 7ish and then get off the ship and walk off the GREAT MEAL and enjoy some of the arubian nite life...will be making the reservation once we board the AOS late sunday morning...SEE EVERYONE AT THE PIER AROUND 11AM...sip'n and smil'n on the ADVENTURE OF THE SEA'S 2007...

we are on the ADVENTURE OF THE SEA'S next week and plan to dine at portofino's on tuesday...eat around 7ish and then get off the ship and walk off the GREAT MEAL and enjoy some of the arubian nite life...will be making the reservation once we board the AOS late sunday morning...SEE EVERYONE AT THE PIER AROUND 11AM...sip'n and smil'n on the ADVENTURE OF THE SEA'S 2007...

We did the same thing last week. Tuesday night is a good night. Since you are in Aruba until 1:00 you can get an early dinner and then hit the night life and walk around rather than getting out of the dinning room at 10:00.

Archived