Century Review in Cruise Travel Magazine

richsea

Any of this also online?

I have visited Century last August in Amsterdam, the ship really looks beautiful again.

Ine - unfortunately not. I checked their website & it's pretty basic, but you can get a small glimpse of the features in the latest edition &, if you wish, subscribe to the magazine. I think that it's a very good publication, very basic; all regarding cruising, not like many other travel mags (Conde Naste comes to mind) where you must sift through endless pages of advertising to follow an article.

Happy cruising!

Subscribing to a USA magazine that has to be sent to The netherlands is often 3-4 times as expensive.

Luckily I can find much info online.

We got ours today too and I enjoyed reading the article on the Century. I wished I were back on her again! I also wish they were doing the same make over on Mercury before she goes down under. I really enjoyed the Spa cafe too and would like one on Mercury as it states in the Australia/New Zealand brochure. I don't see any plans for it though.

The only thing that disappoints me regarding the new Century is the removal of the thallassotherapy pool. I think that the C class T pools are so much effective than those on M class ships. The M class pools, while prettier, are nothing more than standar swimming pools with a few bubbles!

The only thing that disappoints me regarding the new Century is the removal of the thallassotherapy pool. I think that the C class T pools are so much effective than those on M class ships. The M class pools, while prettier, are nothing more than standar swimming pools with a few bubbles!

richsea,

I am sooooooooooooooo glad to hear someone else say that besides me:cool:

My husband and I leave in September from Amsterdam to Barcelona and were incredibly upset to see that the T-pools were replaced with this lame Persian Gardens:eek: . Unbelievable, what these people do, but it must be quite costly to maintain the T-pools. I know that last year there were several problems with the one on Galaxy just before we sailed on her.

I think the T-Pool was a perfect way to unwind before dinner and after a long day ashore...I am ticked.:mad:

richsea,

I am sooooooooooooooo glad to hear someone else say that besides me:cool:

My husband and I leave in September from Amsterdam to Barcelona and were incredibly upset to see that the T-pools were replaced with this lame Persian Gardens:eek: . Unbelievable, what these people do, but it must be quite costly to maintain the T-pools. I know that last year there were several problems with the one on Galaxy just before we sailed on her.

I think the T-Pool was a perfect way to unwind before dinner and after a long day ashore...I am ticked.:mad:

Just got back from Century and the persian gardens weren't even operating -- they were having problems with the "steam rooms." I thought it was a solarium or something and just went to look. They were using them for couples massage.

The Persian Garden's was down???!!! What is there to operate?

Seems like a waste of space to me.

Still looking forward to Century, I love Galaxy and she is a bit worse for wear.

Can't answer that -- just asked at the desk because I wanted to see what they were about and that was what I was told. I was led to believe they had different steam rooms in the "gardens," and they weren't operating, which is why they were using the area for couples massage. The lady told me there was a steam room in the women's dressing room, however. :confused:

That is the part I was confused over. I heard that the persian gardens had steam room...big deal. there were always steam rooms. They want someone to pay extra to use the ones in the Persian Gardens when you have one in the locker room???!!!:confused: :cool: I will save my money and use the one in the locker room.

I do have to say that the ship does look beautiful after the renovations! Looking forward to it anyway...I really miss the food and hope the menu is still just as good after the menu changes.

Back from Century last week and had a couples massage in the former Persian Garden--was told that they are being remodelled to make more Rasul rooms. Was hoping to do Rasul this trip, but wasn't available sadly.

Okay, sorry to sound so ignorant, but what is a Rasul room?:confused: May be something I would like...ignorance waiting to be enlightened:o .

Thanks!

more revenue to "X" Loved the T pool & will greatly miss it. We always take a full cruise pass but would not do so for persian gardens---

Probably a common theme...hence the redesign of the " Persian Gardens"...not well thought out I would think.

Archived