Diet Sprite and Sweet Tea?

I am still on the fence about purchasing a soda card. I only drink diet. Do they have Diet Sprite?

Also, I am from the south. Sweet Tea is a staple here in the south. Does RC offer sweet tea or is it unsweetened and then you have to add your own sugar? Is the tea brewed or made from fountain concentrate?

Thanks to all in advance. These answers will help me get off this fence. It is starting to become uncomfortable.;)

They do have diet Sprite. The iced tea is unsweetened. Remember, if you like sugar you can always add it. Those of us who don't can't take it out. ;) I have no idea how it is produced.

It does seem a bit odd. You dump sugar in your iced tea and them make up for it by drinking diet soda?? :confused:

It does seem a bit odd. You dump sugar in your iced tea and them make up for it by drinking diet soda?? :confused:

Some of us use Sweet 'n Low instead of sugar. It also dissolves better in cold liquid than sugar does.

Their tea will not be like your home-made tea, I can assure you!!!!! Plus, all the tea is UN-sweetened. It's not the same to add sugar to cold tea--it just doens't dissolve very well. :(

When we were on the Rhapsody last year, they did not have fountain diet Sprite. They did have Diet Sprite by the can. The soda card is not good for canned soda, even if they do not carry the particular soda except in the canned form.

In fact, although we have asked for it during each of our last nine RCI cruises on various ships, none of them have carried diet Sprite as a fountain soda. So unless this is new, you cannot get the diet Sprite with the soda card--only by purchasing the individual cans.

My sister-in-law only drinks diet caffeine-free drinks. Because fountain soda diet Sprite had not been available on our previous cruises, my sister-in-law anticipated that they would not have any and carried on two 12 packs of soda. It was a good thing she did as she would have had to purchase the individual cans on board.

Frankly, with the current price of the soda card, you are better off carrying soda on board anyway.

I agree with the other posters. Anyone used to drinking southern iced tea will cringe at the "ice tea" served on board. You are better off asking for a tea bag and hot water and making your own.

Catnip - where in North Carolina do you live?? We are in Charlotte. What does apos mean??? I always see that on people's post and never could figure out what it means.....thanks :D NancyK

NancyK,

We live over in a little town called Goldsboro. We are on Hwy 70, about 1 hour east of Raleigh. Seymour Johnson Air Force Base is here.

I think Charlotte is about 4-5 hours west of us.

They have a brown liquid they pass off as iced tea. As a "Georgia Peach" I consider myself somewhat of an iced tea connoisseur. The beverage they serve is unsweet and made from a concentrate liquid. Definitely NOT southern sweet tea! I drink iced tea every day at home, but NEVER drink it on RCCI.

The coffee is also from a liquid concentrate which is why it's so bad too!

Catnip - I've heard of Goldsboro - we lived in Raleigh for 9 years before moving to Charlotte. You never told me - what does apos stand for - it's driving me crazy.........thanks.......Nancy

Carnival Glory - 8-03

Caribbean Princess - 7-03-04

Catnip...it's in your signature

It has been said that angels, while on Earth,

aren't allowed to show their wings,

but nothing was ever said

about not showing their whiskers. <^..^>

I think when the boards converted, all of the apostrophes became "apos."

Mystery solved. :D

Sherry7,

The simplest way to explain the "apos" thing is that it's computer language for the punctuation mark "apostrophe" that for some reason DOESN'T GET TRANSLATED or ISN'T UNDERSTOOD by the computer interface on the new boards.

Does that make sense to you?

Carol

Carol....sure does, thanks! I thought it was probably something like that since I first noticed it on the converted posts. Although at first until I noticed that it related to where an apostrophe should be, I was just like NancyK....wondering what in the heck "apos" meant. It drove me crazy for a couple of days! :)

Okay, so Diet Sprite isn't generally available with the soda card, right?

I normally drink Caffeine Free Diet Coke, and I had heard that that wasn't generally available. However, I think I could readily switch to Diet Sprite for the week... However, if it isn't available with the soda card, it's a moot point.

Thanks for the news about my signature. It looks normal on my computer--I had no idea it was weird on your computer. When I read everyone elses posts on my computer, the words with apostrophies look fine. I guess I will think of another one signature!

Thanks for letting me know!! ;)

P.S. Does that mean any word I type with an apostrophe comes out looking weird?

Let me know about these words:

doesn't

can't

I'm so glad to everyone cleared things up for me.

Catnip - yours is not the only one like that. I have seen it (apos) quite often. It is written a lot in where people write the list of cruises they have been on. When you wrote the words doesn't and can't they came out correct.

MerionMom - Thanks! Yes, I think now it does make sense.

Sherry7 - First cruise - how exciting. I remember my first last Aug. and now I am trying to book my fourth - Mariner for next July 3rd. You will have to let me know how it is -

bicker - we usually drink diet sprite at home - bought a soda card and drank diet coke all week - at night we just added a little rum and we were all set.

Thanks again.

NancyK :D

Kathy,

Let's see if this works! Let me know if it comes out ok. I took out the apostrophe............:rolleyes:

Oh, and can you "see" the little kitty face and whiskers at the end of the poem?

Archived