Journey....ship photos.....staterooms?

Wasasalad

Does anyone have photos of the new Journey? What is the dining plan?

Not the same itinerary as the Zenith, only one day in beautiful St George!

Where can I get information on the ship. Also, how well does this class ship do in rough waters? We always have a rough day [12 hours] coming and going!

Small ship.......? entertainment,,are there shows in the evening?

The Sky Suites are they really a suite?

We are booked for October but I would love to know what we should expect.

I've heard open dining, but if that definite?

Any info please.

We are looking forward to a beautiful new ship!

Thank you

:)

As to photos, this one is tough. The ship is currently sailing for Pullmantur and will be going in for an overhaul before joining the X fleet. You can go to the Pullmantur website for photos for an idea, but they will be changing a good number of things.

As to dining it will be golf club casual and open seating.

As to enteratinment, there will not be any productions shows. They will have a small cabaret theater and the activity staff and CD will be doing their part to entertain in the evening. They will have a guest entertainer as well.

John Howell will be the CD on the Journey and is working to put his staff together. The staff will be boarding the ship when it goes into drydock and putting the program together.

You will feel the seas more than you did on the Zenith as the ship is smaller.

Their fleet is comprised of three of the ex-big Rens, like these 'new' Celebrity ships are. Have been on one of Oceanias ships. Did not enjoy trip. Many reasons. Did not ride that well in big seas - and I have been across the Atlantic on one of the little Windstar ships which is about the size of some of the huge ships tenders!! But, this is a great way for folks to discover how nice the open-seating, eat when you want, country club casual cruising experience can be. There is a definite niche for this type (and much smaller in my opinion) ship - enjoy.

hi arldicmcki

I also have the same questions as you. I am sailing on the Journey in May on her maiden voyage. While I am so excited about this ship and it's destination (never been to Bermuda), there is really not a lot of information out there. What I do know is there is going to be a complete renovation of the boat, so it should be gorgeous. While I have never sailed on such a small ship before I'm thinking the ride will be a rough one. As for meals, it is open seating, which I like. I've been on Princess, Rccl and Norwegian. They were all much bigger ships. Norwegian Dawn had open seating and I loved it. I feel the Journey will be a special ship since it is a celebrity ship (which i have never been on this line, but have heard great things about it). I'm expecting an upscale, royal treatment kind of cruise. I hope I get it. I will write a full review from soup to nuts as soon as I get back. But I do hope we get some pictures of the new ship before we cruise

I too and very excited to see the new Journey. I have to wait until September!!!! I have been to Bermuda once before and LOVED it which is why we are going back. This will be my second trip on Celebrity Cruises, (the first celebrity cruise I went on was the Century in the Easter Caribbean).

When you get more info on the Journey, PLEASE fill me in. I am anxious to see where we will be living for the week in Sept!!! :p

Thank you

You will love Bermuda! On Celebrity it is like getting a bonus day! Other lines arrive at 11-12 noon on the arrival day. Many leave at 11am to 12 noon on the departure day.

Celebrity arrives 9to 10 am and you do not leave until 3pm. Plus you are docked right there! The Dockyard is OK to dock at, but downtown Hamilton and ST George , they are the place that you want to be!

You will have a wonderful time. Buy the bus and ferry pass and you can go everywhere! You just get on and off from beach to towns to lighthouse to caverns to the zoo..It is all on the bus or ferry line!

hi arldicmcki

I also have the same questions as you. I am sailing on the Journey in May on her maiden voyage. While I am so excited about this ship and it's destination (never been to Bermuda), there is really not a lot of information out there. What I do know is there is going to be a complete renovation of the boat, so it should be gorgeous. While I have never sailed on such a small ship before I'm thinking the ride will be a rough one. As for meals, it is open seating, which I like. I've been on Princess, Rccl and Norwegian. They were all much bigger ships. Norwegian Dawn had open seating and I loved it. I feel the Journey will be a special ship since it is a celebrity ship (which i have never been on this line, but have heard great things about it). I'm expecting an upscale, royal treatment kind of cruise. I hope I get it. I will write a full review from soup to nuts as soon as I get back. But I do hope we get some pictures of the new ship before we cruise

Hi

Where did you get the information that John Howell will be the CD? What ship was he on? His name is so farmiliar! Was he on the Zenith or Summitt? I just remember good things about him but forgot which ship he was on! I'm glad to hear that he will be the CD!

I may be dumb,I'm from Cape Cod, what is golf club casual?

Let me know!

As to photos, this one is tough. The ship is currently sailing for Pullmantur and will be going in for an overhaul before joining the X fleet. You can go to the Pullmantur website for photos for an idea, but they will be changing a good number of things.

As to dining it will be golf club casual and open seating.

As to enteratinment, there will not be any productions shows. They will have a small cabaret theater and the activity staff and CD will be doing their part to entertain in the evening. They will have a guest entertainer as well.

John Howell will be the CD on the Journey and is working to put his staff together. The staff will be boarding the ship when it goes into drydock and putting the program together.

You will feel the seas more than you did on the Zenith as the ship is smaller.

John Howell has been on the Summit.

He was most recently on the Galaxy, the cruise before ours. He was filling in when X had to let go of Shawn Cavanaugh

In talking with one of the activity staff on the ship, John has been trying to coax her to join him on the Journey. He wants her as part of his staff. She replied, I don't sing. He responded, don't worry it's taken care of.

So she's trying to decide between the Journey and Summit. I told her to take the Journey as I've heard the Alaska cruises are rough on crew after about a month. How much ice can you look at.

She was also leary as the first month of her contract would be with the ship in drydock.

hi arldicmcki

... While I have never sailed on such a small ship before I'm thinking the ride will be a rough one.

We sailed NYC to Bermuda on the Empress of the Seas (RCCL) back in 2000; rough crossing the gulf stream both ways. Mentioned something to the cabin steward - he remarked that it's "always like this" crossing the gulf stream. Oh Great! Empress is somewhat bigger than Journey but not like the mega ships at all.

take seasickness prevention meds.!

I've been on 2 R class ships (Same as Journey), the most recent was on Oceania and loved it. The ship has most everything, but it's scaled down. They can have production show since the theater holds around 350 person (ship capacity was 680 but X is expanding it to either 710 or 750). I hope the expansion does not ruin the comfortable, no waiting excellent service experience that we had on Regatta. While the ship may have alittle more motion than larger ones in rough seas, don't kid yourselves, rough is rough on cruise ships (vs the transatlantic liners of old that were built to take rough water). Open seating and casual dress has become our preference. Smaller ships are a difference experience but one advantage is that you will get to know more pax and see them again on the ship.

Thank you for all the information. This will be out first trip an a R class ship.Our best trip ever was on the Summitt, Panama Canal. The small ship will be out first!

I've been on 2 R class ships (Same as Journey), the most recent was on Oceania and loved it. The ship has most everything, but it's scaled down. They can have production show since the theater holds around 350 person (ship capacity was 680 but X is expanding it to either 710 or 750). I hope the expansion does not ruin the comfortable, no waiting excellent service experience that we had on Regatta. While the ship may have alittle more motion than larger ones in rough seas, don't kid yourselves, rough is rough on cruise ships (vs the transatlantic liners of old that were built to take rough water). Open seating and casual dress has become our preference. Smaller ships are a difference experience but one advantage is that you will get to know more pax and see them again on the ship.

The Celebrity website just started adding names to some of the public areas on Journey. Michael's is on Deck 10 along with a place called Looking Glass. The computer center is on 9 wedged into the AquaSpa

Michael's Club is located in the same spot as the library on Oceania ships. I wonder if Celebrity is doing away with the library to enhance revenues.

Look at the "deck 4" Boutique C, Shore Excursions and guest relations. They seem to be in a very small area for all those things.

I wonder what the pool will be like! I hope it is not one of those old style like on the Zenith. You practically have to climb down a ladder to get into the pool.

Arl

Michael's Club is located in the same spot as the library on Oceania ships. I wonder if Celebrity is doing away with the library to enhance revenues.

We are going on Journey in June - our 5th trip to Bermuda. I did go to the Pullmantur site at: http://web.pullmanturcruises.com/panoramas/0867/

I looked at what the suites look like, now. We have a Royal Suite - huge compared to our Jr. suites on Voyager of the Seas, Empress, and Song of America (all Royal Carribean).

Yes, sometimes the seas were rough, but it didn't bother us. I can hardly wait to return to Bermuda and enjoy a ship without all of the kids. We are leaving our 7 at home!

Sailing Sal;)

the library on the r ships were gorgious, with beautiful woods and fax fireplace. I hope they retain the walls when they make the room into Michael's club. I doubt the pool will be changed. There is a shallow entrance on each end and then steps down into about 5 1/2 feet of water. There are 2 whirlpools, one on each side. I hope they upgrade the chaise lounges and veranda chairs from the cheesee plastic. Oceania uses teak lounges and chairs with matresses and terry covers. These ships were not designed for children unless X makes some changes.

We have been on three Oceania cruises for a total of 38 days and only one night for about 4 hours was I seasick. Yes, we did some rock n rolling occasionally, but no more than what we had in Alaska on the RC Radiance! The staterooms are lovely and the shows are not Las Vegas quality but usually on Oceania you are doing a port intensive cruise and leave the ship at 8:30am and are not back until 6pm. We are usually more than happy to retire to our room by 9:30 and relax with a book or TV for an hour. Golf club/country club casual means relaxed but NOT jeans. Dockers and golf shirts for men and shorts, slax or capris and blouses for ladies in day and slax and short or long sleeve shirts for men and nice dress or slax set for ladies at night. Some men wear sports jackets, especially in specialty restaurants but you do not need to. There usually is a little more "dressy"for the Captains Cocktail party but again, not necessary. Ladies - think "Chico"!

We are on the Oct 13th sailing and I can't wait.

Karen

ColquittCruise1

I personally love the idea of a bar instead of the library..you are very limited on O when you want a drink..I cant wait to see what they do there..I hope it is in keeping with the rest of the ship..

Jan

Archived