Mad AS !!!!!!! and a lil confuesed

I keep get two different kinds of info,the cruise line tells me that the JS on the freedom has a couch that folds out to a FULL size bed.Now on the other side.People on this site that have been aboard(so they say)tell me that the fold out is like a futon and will not sleep 2 adults.Man who and what do i or should i believe.Come on people,can i get some experts to lend a hand on this.My time is running out,I need to book this sailing in sept before the price goes up.

I guess it could fit 2 full size adults if they were not taller than...5'5 and 120 lbs each...

Seriously...It could be done,but there would be very little roll over room,and not much in the length dept..

I would say 2 good sixe 15 yo would be about the extent of comfortable.

the truth is that the sofa beds in each JS are not identical. they vary by the particular ship, and we have been in 3 different JS on 3 different ships, but none of the sofa beds we have had would be comfortable for 2 adult people.

the jr i was in the couch made into a single bed and they gave us a roll away also

So they have roll-aways? We booked a JS on Enchantment and I noticed that there's a sofa bed instead of pullmans. I'm bummed for my 6yo that there's no pullman--he would love that. But wasn't too thrilled with my 3yo being up there. I'm curious to know how they'll do sleeping together. The little one gets a little kicky and is used to a full-size bed to himself. It will be nice to know we might have the option of a roll-away if needed.

Have you ever slept on a FULL sized bed? Because I wouldnt wanna sleep with my S/O on one. I have done it before, when I had my first apartment and the only furniture in it was a futon...but it wasnt fun.

Its a little bit of a step up from a TWIN sized bed. So I would think it would be very uncomfortable for two people. Especially because its going to be a fold out, so there is sure to be a bar running across the middle of their back, causing them to toss and turn all night anyway...

Id just get connecting rooms.

Why not get them their own room--perhaps adjoining or across the hall? No way would I give up the big bed for the kids and sleep on the sofa bed. Or get a room that has pullmans

My thoughts exactly...plus, its only seperated by a curtain anyway right? Squeaky bed + curtain seperator = two seriously mentally scarred children.

My parents always booked us in a seperate room.

Here is a link,that you have probably seen of the JS on Freedom..

http://smillay.cruisesinc.com/travel/cruises/virtual_tour_popup.jsp?mediatype=1&path=/images/360/360S/Freedom_of_the_Seas/Junior_Suite_CatJS_2.jpg&desc=Junior%20Suite&shipname=Freedom%20of%20the%20Seas

Now..Perhaps the couch on Freedom is larger...I would wait for someone who has actually been on Freedom to say for sure...The 2 JS's I have been in were as I mentioned in my other post..One on Rhapsody,the other on a friends room on Mariner..And my parents were also in one on Splendour,and it was the same..

But as you can see the room is pretty large...You can try the roll away option,or I have seen lately some folks bring their own air mattress,

Some have mentioned getting a second room which may seem out of the question..However...Given how high some 3/4 pax prices are..(no idea how much you paid) some JS I have seen have been 799 pp It may not cost you much more,if any to put them in an inside...adjacent or near you...

I keep get two different kinds of info,the cruise line tells me that the JS on the freedom has a couch that folds out to a FULL size bed.

I interpret this as sizes: King, Queen, Full and Twin. A Full Size bed will not sleep two adults very well.

Now on the other side.People on this site that have been aboard(so they say)tell me that the fold out is like a futon and will not sleep 2 adults.

What do you mean by futon? They come in sizes too, do you mean a twin sized futon? Or a full futon?

My parents slept quite happily in a double bed for 50+ years of marriage.

It's not that unusual.

This past December, my son had the fold-out sofabed to himself in our JS on the Enchantment, but it would have been large enough for two normal people.

The December before, on the Sovereign, I took the sofabed, because I'm the smallest of the three of us. No way would that fit two people, not even two small children. (and there was absolutely NO WAY that a rollaway would have fit into the cabin. They won't book 4 in a JS on the Sovereign.)

Indeed, the sofabeds vary in size and comfort on the different ships.

My twin boys, now 13, sleep just fine together, E1 balcony. One is 5"4' nothing but arms and legs and sleeps just fine. His twin is short and stout and sleeps like a rock. We pack their "big boy" panties and tell them to deal with it. We'd sleep in a closet if it meant a week on a cruise ship! They have never complained. We save the money for island excursions that will wear them out! (And I don't ever have to wonder where they are or who's in their room....because it's me!). They love cruising and aren't even aware that being in a room without us is an option. I'm sure that day will come soon enough.........<sigh>

Karen

I guess me and my DW will not be to get much sleep because her son and my daughter will have the twin beds.There 14 & 13. If there is anymore input let me know.

Ask for a rollaway bed. Not all cabins will accomodate them and I know supplies can be limited. But I certainly understand your concerns. Unrelated, opposite gender teens do not belong in the same bed...no offense to anyone, it's JMO. I would think the teens would be quite uncomfortable with that sleeping arrangement as well.

If possible, a connecting cabin or one across the hall might be worth considering--especially because you would have two, count 'em two, bathrooms for two teens and your DW...face it ladies, we know we take more time on average then our DHs/SOs do.

(To be honest, there's no way DH and I would give up the big comfy bed.)

beachchick

Unless they are toddlers, I would NEVER put kids in my room! This is a vacation, after all--cruises are quite "romantic"--privacy is paramount! Across the hall in an inside is an inexpensive option--they aren't any further away than in their bedrooms at home! (And no balcony to worry that they'll fall over!!!)

Unless they are toddlers, I would NEVER put kids in my room! This is a vacation, after all--cruises are quite "romantic"--privacy is paramount! Across the hall in an inside is an inexpensive option--they aren't any further away than in their bedrooms at home! (And no balcony to worry that they'll fall over!!!)

My kids aren't toddlers anymore and no way would I put them in a room by themselves. They're only 3 and 6. And indeed some cruises are romantic. But I don't consider a cruise with my children to be romantic. I'll save the romance for a time when we can travel without the kids. Or maybe just at home.

The comparison to a futon. Doesn't that refer to the way the couch pulls out? Rather than like a "hide-a-bed", where it unfurls straight out from the couch, doesn't it sort of slide out "sideways"? That's the impression I've gotten. So the person on the "inside" is up against the back of the couch, and is in between the arms of the couch?

I might be wrong, but that's the way I've understood previous explanations of it.

And something I've noticed, the sizes of mattresses vary widely, even when called the same thing. I once had a Full that was roomier than the subsequent Queen bed I got...:rolleyes:

And being someone with a long history of stepsiblings, I agree with having them in the seperate, twin beds, and in the room with ya rather than in another room alone together. Must be weird for them to have opposite sex, nearly same age stepsibs!

If you do the math, getting the kids in their own inside and the adults in the balcony or OV across from them it is not much more...and you have a vacation! No way could I imagine sharing a tiny room let alone a bathroom and having fun with my husband. NO WAY. The difference of 399 rate for 3rd and 4th and the 650 for the inside means a bigger difference in quality of the time.

Since you are paying for the cruise....you get the bed.

Why not tell the kids it is a camping-cruise????

Pack sleeping bags, tell them the deck chairs are amazingly comfortable and you will wake them for breakfast every morning

I slept on the couch/bed on the Jewel, adult woman about 150 pounds. I would not have wanted to share, not much room and really low to the ground. Loved the cruise though. All depends on the persons needs. Kids are more resilant than adults sometimes.

Either way, have a great cruise.

I keep get two different kinds of info,the cruise line tells me that the JS on the freedom has a couch that folds out to a FULL size bed.

The OP is specificially asking about the Freedom of the Seas JS. And he is asking if the couch can hold 2 adults.....not children.

To the OP......I did not have a JS while my stay on the Freedom, but some friends of ours did, and from what I could tell the couch would not be very comfortable for 2 adults. Not impossible (if very small adults), but not comfortable.

I hope someone will answer your question that actually has experienced a JS on the Freedom.

Archived