The Most Missed....

The Norway.

I know that, now, she'd be seriously outdated. But she was such a great ship. Looked like a ship (not a floating hotel) and had such class. Been on many ships since, including the QE2, but none compares.

• 2 months later...

I posted earlier on this thread, but another thing I REALLY miss are the "Bon Voyage" parties. For every 1000 people sailing, there probably were 5000 coming aboard with coolers, sandwich trays, party platters, champagne, flowers,and pizzas. Sailing day was SO festive! Then streamers and confetti, the band playing on the deck, the whistles and the horns blowing as the ship left, friends waiving from the dock. Now............all history of a gone by era.

Glad some of you mentioned the Italian Line ships! We sailed on the SS France several times in the late 60's and early 70's, but it was our crossings on Rafaello, Michaelangelo, Cristoforo Columbo and Leonardo Da Vinci that bring back my fondest memories.

I was lucky enough to sail on the final crossing of the QE2, which brought back the sadd but sweet memories of sailing on the last crossing of the Michaelangelo in 1975.

Andrew

• 2 months later...

my first cruise on a luxury ship was the Vistafjord in 1990 still execellent in that time as from 1994 it declined and i never liked her older sister Sagafjord

maybe the very best was the Royal Viking Sun before Cunard took over

and actually the very best is ms Europa for sure - lucky i do speak german as well :rolleyes:

and of course Crystal before all inclusive

Archived