OK, so who's having those nightmares???

kruisecat

Thought it was a great idea to start our own "nightmare" thread so here goes...

As I previously posted in another thread I started having the nightmares several months ago and as time goes on they are increasing in frequency and "terror" :p The latest are dreams about forgetting the camera or passports or both! They seem to come after a day of intense planning or updating the packing list.

Anyone else...

As I previously posted in another thread I started having the nightmares several months ago and as time goes on they are increasing in frequency and "terror" :p The latest are dreams about forgetting the camera or passports or both! They seem to come after a day of intense planning or updating the packing list.

Anyone else...

I don't have any nightmare yet. Knock on wood! But now you just open a jar of genies.. hm...:D

Anyway, I always get paranoid the last minute when I am about to setp out of door for the trip: double, triple, quadruple check the passport, tickets.

We sailed on the Mercury last year and had a great time!

I started putting things on the bed in the guest room about a week before we left, along with my lists. I think that's the best way to go because then all you have to do is put everything in the suitcase.

I forgot nothing I needed. However, my husband (who did not use the same approach) DID forget some things!

I have to say that I do not have nighmares before going on a cruise. I have been to Alaska 3 times and the 4th is coming up in May. No nightmares for me.

marilyn

I have a check-0ff list that I put together for each cruise. As I complete the item I cross it off my list. I also use those packing envelopes that you can get at Magellens. After I close each of the envelopes I attach a piece of masking tape on it with the items in the envelope. That way if I have a last minute doubt I can just check the envelope without unpacking everything.

Once everything is in the suitcase I close it up and lock it. The lock is my way of knowing I have everything.

HOWEVER, I still live with the fear that I will forget my tickets (cruise as well as plane). Even though I put all my documents in a portfolio, I always wind up checking it about a 1,000 times before I get to the airport. I have this fear that my documents will some how evaporate into thin air. It is my 1 big OCD. :)

Anyone else...

Hey, kruisecat! How awesome to check the Alaska board and see your thread at the top of the list! :)

So, yes, as I've previously shared...I'm up to 2 distinct Alaska cruise nightmares that I can remember, and I have 3 months to go. haha

The best was last night's dream, though...I dreamt that we had completed our cruise and I realized that I FORGOT to look outside while we sailed Glacier Bay. So there I was (presumably back in Michigan), with the realization that I had been all the way to Alaska and had totally missed Glacier Bay. haha

And then (in my dream) I realized that I hadn't even used my balcony one time during our cruise!! :eek: It was definitely a nightmare, but made me laugh at myself this morning, and I think I gave my husband a good chuckle too.

LOVE this thread! :) I might become a regular contributor! haha:D

I worry about my cat getting sick just as we're about to leave. She's a little old lady cat, not ancient but getting up there some. I worry that she'll get sick, I won't leave her, and my poor husband will shoot us both! :D

My only nightmare is that I have completed all our plans and now have to wait two months before our cruise and independent land tour! I'm going bonkers!

Only two months? I am not heading to Alaska until early July - more than three months!

My dreams (nightmares!) keep centering around something happening at home while I'm on the ship -- and I have to get airlifted off to go home and miss the rest of the cruise. After all my planning!!:confused:

It is a fact that vacations rank up there on the stress scale. :) These dreams could all be suppressed stress!!!

If I can offer some tips for smooth travels- have a list of what you want to take- start this a couple weeks ahead if needed. Keep it with you and jot down the stuff as you think about it. Day before you leave, check over the list. If you do forget something- big deal. :) Purchase it if really needed.

Keep your reservations, itinerary, etickets, etc. in a single pocket folder.

Relax and enjoy your trip. :) You have gotten great planning advice on this board that hopefully puts you at ease. Look at it this way, you are way ahead of the game with the preparation.

Hey, kruisecat! How awesome to check the Alaska board and see your thread at the top of the list! :)

The best was last night's dream, though...I dreamt that we had completed our cruise and I realized that I FORGOT to look outside while we sailed Glacier Bay. So there I was (presumably back in Michigan), with the realization that I had been all the way to Alaska and had totally missed Glacier Bay. haha

Glad you were happy to see the thread! I figured we couldn't be the only ones ;)

I must confess I've had this one too! I dream that I'm doing something like Bingo inside the theatre as we're passing some amazing scenery and when I'm finally done (losing I might add) I go outside and it's all foggy and everyone tells me I've missed it!

I suppose there is such a thing as too much planning! And yet here I am again today reading and preparing :p Apparently just a glutton for punishment :D

I suppose there is such a thing as too much planning! And yet here I am again today reading and preparing :p Apparently just a glutton for punishment :D

Tell me about it! I was happy that I didn't have any Alaska-related nightmares last night. :) But I'll keep this thread updated, as I'm sure I'll have more. Too funny.

Archived