Club HAL Age 3 being accepted...

taszmom

Just got this info today :

Club HAL: Did you realize that the famous "Club HAL" that has been in place for many years will begin catering children starting from Age 3? (Children must be potty trained without assistance).

It didn't say when exactly they were starting it.

That's good. I'm glad to hear it. I hope they keep expanding the Club HAL Program to include more children, longer hours, more evening activities. If the kids are happy and having fun in the organized program, Mom and Dad can have a better time and other pax will not be bothered as much with unruly children running wild.

I hope they'll do what Celebrity does for both formal nights.

They have pizza/ice-cream parties and program is open until 1 AM. Now...I realize that I deprived my 11 y.o. DS from learning proper etiquette on these nights, but it was SOOO convenient I couldn't resist! And he had so much fun! :)

Tazsmom

Where did your read / hear about this?

As part of the signature of excellance enhancements I read they would be expanding their program ( I would assume to be more like celebrity's) which really is excellant. And I agree it will keep those children on board and their parents the option of participating in additional activities or not. Just having the option of longer hrs in the evening until ten and then the option of 10-1 group "sitting" would be great. I don't believe it will cause a major influx of kids - because it is the parents who select the cruiseline and each line appeals to its own "demographic"...but that's just my opinion.

• 1 month later...

I was hoping to bring my son next February - around 7 weeks shy of his 5th birthday. When I called this morning to find out if he would be allowed into Club Hal, I was placed on hold and then told that, although they would indeed be lowering the age requirement, they do not yet have a date, just "sometime in 2005 or 2006." Therefore, I was advised not to plan on his participation in the Club as would not be allowed in until the new procedures were in place.

last August we cruised witha group including a 4 year old. She was included in the Club HAl activities and had a blast....the down side = a parent or authorized adult had to be with her. Not a big problem for us as grandma loved spending hours watching her play. BUT, it would have been great to have her in the Club as she calls it without an adult (not that she ever needed any parental supervision in Club HAl ...on deck/pool a BIG other matter)

anniecat

sailing next time without any kids in the group..YEH

Archived