Voyager vrs Millennium

mattR

I have been on the Infinity and will give you my opinion...........

Voyager class ships are better designed than the Millenium class.......remember RC bought Celebrity and did not have a hand in designing those ships..........without getting into food, service etc.......(which you should take in to account) I can tell you for passenger flow and ship design, Voyager class ships are better designed.......JMO

When you say "family" does that mean children? If so, it makes a big difference which ship to pick. If there are children I'd probably lean towards Voyager or a Voyager class ship. Can't really advise as we don't have enough info.

Agree that if you have kids, go with Voyager class ships.

We have been on Mariner/Adventure (Voyager class ships) and on Constellation/Infinity (Millennium class ships) They are very different!

More activities on Voyager

Neat 4 story Promanade in middle of ship

Great walking track on Sports deck

Large work out area (helps allow you to eat more)

Neat rock wall/basketball/mini-golf area

Millennium:

Great Thalassotheropy pool

Great pasta station on buffet

Great sushi pre-dinner

Neat outside area to eat at

We like both and will continue to go on both. As you can see from my list at bottom, we are planning to go back on Infinity and Adventure.

Millennium is an older crowd and for us we like on longer VERY relaxing cruises

Voyager for 7 day cruises in and around the Caribbean

Which ever you choose, HAVE A GREAT CRUISE!:)

We've done both and i would say go for the voyager. we took our kids on both, and there was more activity on RCCL for both kids and adults. If you are looking for a quiet cultural experience go with Celebrity. What I am about to say with bring about the wrath of Celebrity loyalists but we found Celebrity to be a little "stuffy". So what you choose all depends on what you are looking for.

My family is looking at a crusie for Feb 2008. Right now we are choosing between RCI Voyager and Celebs Mileeium. Any thoughts?

If family means you have children along, go with the Voyager since they will have more to do on the ship. In general, Royal Caraibbean is a more casual, family oriented cruise line whereas Celebrity is a more formal, adult oriented cruise line. Of course you do need to consider other factors such as the itinerary. If the Millennium has a more interesting itinerary I would do the Millenium, the assumption being that the ports being visited are more important that the ship board facilities. If the ports are not that important and you consider the ship itself to be your destination, go with the Voyager. I have sailed on both and they both offer a great, although different experience.

We've done both and i would say go for the voyager. we took our kids on both, and there was more activity on RCCL for both kids and adults. If you are looking for a quiet cultural experience go with Celebrity. What I am about to say with bring about the wrath of Celebrity loyalists but we found Celebrity to be a little "stuffy". So what you choose all depends on what you are looking for.

Perfectly said. We too (early 30's couple) found Millenium stuffy.

The food was good, but was honestly too gourmet for my taste - I suppose that some folks like to choose between entrees featuring rabbit, eel and game hen, but I really prefer "normal" food (steaks, seafood, standard poultry) prepared well instead of weird food. Service was very good, and the thelassotherapy pool was really neat if you could get up early enough to enjoy it when it wasn't overcrowded, but we honestly didn't find anything to make us consider returning to Celebrity.

Another problem was that the children's facilities didn't seem adequate (we were on in the summer) so by the end of a 10 day cruise, kids were just climbing the walls with boredom and obnoxious as that was I couldn't blame them.

On the other hand my in-laws really enjoyed it and have been back, so I think that says a lot about who Celebrity is aimed at.

My family is looking at a crusie for Feb 2008. Right now we are choosing between RCI Voyager and Celebs Mileeium. Any thoughts?

Time for a dissenting opinion. My family (including our 10-year-old) prefers the Millenium class. We never had problems finding more than enough to do, and didn't find it stuffy at all. RCCL's activities tended much more toward the physically active, X's tended to be more mentally focused, but there seemed enough of each to satisfy most people.

It depends on your family, though. What are your preferences? How old are your kids? And how do the itineraries compare?

I don't get it. I've sailed on Celebrity Century & Mercury both and loved the ambiance and food on Celebrity, but on both cruises they couldn't stay on schedule. Celebrity seems to be unusually lax in staying with posted itinerary times. Especially the Millenium/Infinity class with their POD engine problems. They cancel cruises al the time and in Alaska when we were on Mercury Infinity was limping along always behind schedule with peeved passengers. I don't get it, isn't it common knowledge that this class should be avoided?

Archived