Jeans on the Millennium

mattR

I just got off Infinity (March 25th sailing through the Panama Canal) and saw plenty of people wearing jeans in the Trellis Dining Room. I don't ever wear jeans, and my brothers and sister gave me a bad time for not wearing a tie on Informal nights. I wore a jacket and slacks, but no tie.

All of the Celebrity written material is clear regarding jeans, but the reality doesn't always match up.

Bob

My brother-in-law lives in jeans. Would he be denied entry into the dining rooms on the Millennium other then formal night?

No. But I doubt it will be the only "Code" of behaviour that is frowned upon but still broken.

My point of view is that he should not wear jeans in the dining room at any time, just as the dress code states.

My experience tells me that this will start another yes/no war with the inevitable warning and "lockdown" of this thread.

If he has that mind set then I believe he should cruise on another cruiseline that allows/encourages a lack of "proper" attire.

Celebrity has some great things going for it and unfortunately it will attract people who like superior service and "ambiance" (however defined) but then spoil it by turning it into another thing entirely.

BUT to answer your question, no he will be admitted. No one will consistently enforce the dress code despite my, and many lovers of =X=, wishes to the contrary.

Arno,

Before you say no it will not be enforced. I have seen it enforced and people sent away. At other times I have seen people in the dinning room in colored jean. As to blue jeans, I cannot say I remember ever seeing blue jeans in the dinning room.

My question to the OP, is it worth the risk. Your BIL could plan on jeans because you read it on the boards that people do it only to find when he reaches the ship, the matre'd is enforcing the dress code. Is it worth the risk of not being able to go to dinner.

Have him bring 2 pairs of dockers, he'll be just fine. If that is not suitable, there are other lines more suited to people who want to wear their jeans to dinner

One of the great aspects of Celebrity cruising is that there is a dress code. So many of us originally chose this cruiseline for it's upscale atmosphere.

Is it strictly enforced...it depends on the Maitre 'D at the door. I have seen people stopped and asked to "kindly" heed the attire of the evening.

You wouldn't want your BIL to feel uncomfortable on his cruise, so being prepared in advance is always wise.

Karyn

For the little it's worth, I happen to be one of those people who believes if a dress code is posted, it should be respected - on a cruise ship or otherwise. Should the your B-I-L wear jeans to dinner in the dining room? Clearly, no. Will he be turned away at the door for being improperly dressed? Maybe, maybe not - 25 cruises on Celebrity and we've seen it go both ways.

I find the OP's inquiry interesting and akin to asking, "If my brother-in-law cheats on his taxes, will he be caught?" There are two things inherent in the question itself: 1) the unspoken acknowledgement that wearing jeans to dinner in the dining room (like cheating on taxes) is not permitted, and 2) no matter it's not permitted; the important issue is, if "caught," will he be turned away?

Ok Thanks for the info I will try to steer our group towards RCI were even though it is still not "proper dress" it seems to be a bit more relaxed. That or tell him that he may be turned away at the dining room door.

Archived