TAR GEAAAA Let's Resume This Thread

JanetMarie

Tar*Jay (this is how my friends and I spell it)is the best. There is one right across from my office and once a week I pop in on my lunch hour and find all kinds of stuff. Last weeks find: a pair of swimming trunks for my son at the price of $4.88 on clearence and a cute little print of a French umbrella company ad for $5.00 or so for my guest room. I absoutly love the stuff from the "Swell" line. My guest bedroom and my bathroom are decorated with their prints, all at deep clearence!

Jane, you might be surprised! I do my clothes shopping in department stores and boutique-style shops but I love Target. I usually check it out once every week or two for fun stuff as well as the usual cat food, etc. I do buy kid's play clothes sometimes and a casual shirt or top for myself. But it's the fun and funky notecards, seasonal items, housewares that I enjoy so much.

While running some errands today, I decide to stop in this place on the outskirts of Baltimore called "Good Stuff Cheap". I usually find nothing in there, but, today they had Nick & Nora cosmetic bags, jewelry rolls, small train-type cases and the large cosmetic bags for anywhere from $4.50 to $5.50. I bought a cosmetic case, which had a $32.00 price on the Nick & Nora tag for $4.50 and a jewelry roll, which had a $34.00 price on the Nick & Nora tag for $5.50. They had 3 different prints - I chose the leopard.

I thought of you as soon as I saw them and laughed to myself. Funny how you make friends on these boards!

Love those bargains.

My parents live in So. Jersey and used to have a Good Stuff Cheap close by. They used to tell me about all these great bargains they got there so one day I had them take me. What a great store. It's gone now and they really miss it!

Karen Hi!!! Nick and Nora? Okay, I'll find a web site for their product. Don't worry about a thing ;) And you're right, after you are on these boards for a while, we all become friends and think of one another. ;)

Bayou:

Bed sacks = I first saw them in the Magellans catalog years ago. It is basically a sleeping bag, made of sheets. The twin one sells for close to $70, so I thought...hmmm....what a neat idea. I purchased two flat sheets, queen size that is for DH and I, and I sewed the sides and bottom. I take these sheets everywhere ;) with us. We slide them on top of the hotel or cruise bed sheets and climb in to our own lovely sheets. In the a.m., we take our sheet sack out, fold it and put it in our suitcase until evening. I guess you can say I'm ocd, obsessive compulsive disorder, with my cleanliness. But I've "seen" and "heard" too many stories about hotel sheets that I take my own. ;) ;)

Janet - I just changed the stateroom for the 2005 cruise. I booked a corner aft cabin (jr. suite) because on sooooo many threads people rave about the aft location.

What's so wonderful about the aft? Can you describe it for me? Are the balconies larger?

The pics/virtual tours I've seen will certainly be enough room for DH and myself. I also like the fact that we'll have only one "neighbor".

Thanks for your info. I appreciate it. :)

(Sorry if this is OT, everyone).

I'm absolutely shocked that none of you have mentioned K's Boutique or WallyWorld (aka KMart and Walmart). I find much better bargains at K or WallyWorld than at Target and Wally is the only place that sells travel toilet paper. TarJay has become a more "upscale" store now selling things like plasma tv's, and WallyWorld still has things like dollar days just like TarJay used to.

Karen and group: We cruise 2 - 3 times a year and always book the aft cabins. We love, love, love them! The balconies are private, most of them, larger, you are typically able to sit out in the sun if the pool deck is crowded, we come in from a night on the "town" and sit on the balcony watching the stars and the wake of the ship...We just really like being at the end of the hallway, more privacy, etc. DH and I work full-time, he is the owner of an electrical contracting firm, and I'm a paralegal. When we vaca, we want to decompress and enjoy one another as much as possible, with minimal noise, too! Hope this answers your questions! ;)

Darcie....the Walmarts around here never have enough staff, whether its cashiers or help on the aisles....and they are constantly dirty.

Target might be a bit more upscale but they never seem short handed ( in my experience) and yes, seem cleaner as well.

You are both so right about cleanliness, or lack thereof, of Walmart. My sister won't go into KMart because she says they smell bad. The only K near her house also sells popcorn and carmelcorn and when those two smells get together, especially late in the afternoon, it really stinks.

Do any of you have Kohl's? Now that's a nice store, but they don't carry all the items that Target does. But their housewares department is great and they have great sales. It's one of the few places that sell Jockey undies for a great price. Whenever my family from Ohio visits, we always have to make a Kohl's run for them.

Janet - wow, you cruise a lot! Thanks so much for the info.

Janet, Lois & kitty9 - I live in the city, but, in the burbs in this area, K-Mart or Super K or whatever it's called these days is the worst! The lighting is always yellowish or something, there's dust on the shelves and no one can ever answer a question or direct you to where something is located. The check out counters hold only 1 or 2 items and they're just awful. I get immediately depressed when I walk into a K-Mart - must be that dingy lighting.

Walmart is quite a distance from me, but they are ok, I suppose. I've been in a Walmart maybe 3 times. Funny, they are building a Walmart right behind (same shopping center) my TARGEAAAAAA, which is definitely my fav! Too many of my best shopping places in 1 area - Targeaaaaa, Marshall's, T J Maxx, DSW, Bed Bath & Beyond, PetSmart and Filene's Basement. HELP ME! LOL!!!

Have a good evening, everyone!

We don't have either in my immediate vacinity. I take that back, we do have one Big K nearby, but it's kind of icky. I don't go there unless I absolutely positively have to.

Closest Wal-Mart is something like 45 minutes away. Rumor has it we're getting one closer, but who knows. I miss Caldor and Jamesway.

Hey girls:) Darcie, I know the "Kohl's" name but we don't have it here...but I think I read recently one might be coming this way! If it does, I will definitely check it out.
Besides all the things we Target girls love, I must say they have the BEST Greeting Card dept too:D .........they have a a GIANT variety....not just your "typical hallmark" but some very funky, artsy, "almost homemade looking" brands!
They are really great...I could look at those cards for an hour before finding the one I like the best:)

We have one K-mart here and it is the worst place I have ever been. I ran in really quick to buy some Pepsi on my way to a bar-b-que and didnt even make it past the door because it was so nasty. The two wal-marts that are near me you have to basically put you life on the line to go into the parking lots because the crime rate is high in the neighborhoods they are in. My local Tar*Jay is in a well lit parking lot with an off duty police officer for security, they have a Starbucks in the same plaza and it is sooo nice and well kept. The really odd thing is when I go to my mom's it is the other way around, Wal-mart is by the really upscale suburb and the Tar*Jay is in the more run down section.

Lois - If you get a Kohl's definitely check it out. I LOVE Kohl's. There is one dangerously close to where I live (used to be Bradlees before they went out of business). They have the best end of season sales, too. I mean good, brand name polo shirts, sweaters and sweatshirts for $5 or $10 and t-shirts for practically nothing.

[color=green]Can you believe that Kohl's is directly across the street in Enfield from Tar GEAAA and I simply had not stepped foot in there? Wow! [/color]
[color=#008000][/color]
[color=#008000]Guess I better hop over there and check out their cosmetic bags ;) for you girls that know my habits!!! Enjoy your upcoming weekend, girls! ;)[/color]

JanetMarie - Your assignment for this weekend is to go to Kohl's! They should be gearing up for their end of summer sale!

Their prices ordinarily are just average. During sale times, prices are insane.

Good morning:) So, Janet, did you accept your assignment from lszu and hit Kohls? LOL Want to hear about it!
I was at Target yesterday......for the necessities....Toilet Paper, Paper Towels, etc.
Then I went to the "Travel Size" section......got q-tips, shampoo, all that stuff for the cruise:D and then I went to see the clothing LOL....they have some nice tops...really really! its like a cotton/spandex blend...with a satin tip around the collar...some short sleeves some sleeveless.......all pretty colors.......$4.88:D
4.88......so, I got one in red, one in baby blue, and one in lavender. They are a soft cotton...fits a bit close to the body but they are meant to...and they fit very nicely though!
I am getting rid of 3 of my old ones..these are nice replacements......and they are going with my shorts on the cruise! No reason not to look nice...even during the daytime:)
Oh.........I also got my "usual" disposable cameras! Kodak has a special running....2 in a pack for 10.00! So you can see my outfits from the upcoming cruise!
So, I was a busy bee yesterday!

Archived