Sitmar Cruises

I found a 2 pin set at a Local Estate Sale. Both have the same markings. One is a tac/Lapel pin the other a Stick Pin. On the front they have in beautifull scroll writing Circolo de Comandente Sitmar Cruises. On the back they are marked Tiffany and Co Sterling. Any one have information on Who, When ,Where, and Why these pins were issued??? Many Thanks

We cruised on Sitmar from 1981 until they were absorbed by Princess in 1988-1989. We lost all of our glasses in the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake..living in Cupertino, CA at the time.

Not a better cruise line...felt like family. BTW - still have the Captain's Circle book in which they would put a sticker covering the ports visited and total nautical miles sailed.

Really miss the pizzeria and red wine you could almost chew. Those were the days!

Hello,

My wife and I sailed on the Fairsea and of our 17 cruises, the Fairsea cruise was one of the most memorable. There were two unforgettable entertainers - a harmonica player who was the first to play the Marlboro Man music their television commercials, and a veteran singer from South America who sang "Don't Cry for me Argentina" so well that there wasn't a dry eye in the audience.

And the service was wonderful and so was the food...

Fred

Most disappointing from what I understand is when Sitmar was absorbed by Princess it was a real tossup as to whether Sitmar was going to be asborbed by Princess or Princess was going to be asborbed by Sitmar. The decision was made (from what I've been told) is that it all became Princess because of greater name recognition at the time. Initially, there seemed to be a bit of "Sitmar-ness" on Princess, but not any more. Alas.........it has become quite "Carnivalized"

Archived