Freedom Class Diamond Club

I'll be on the Liberty in a couple of months and I noticed that the Freedom class has a "Diamond Club" up in the Viking Crown. Can someone tell me about it? I am Diamond and want to know how it is different from the Concierge Lounge on other classes. Is it controlled access for Diamond / Diamond plus only? Is it open all the time?

Thanks!

I'll be on the Liberty in a couple of months and I noticed that the Freedom class has a "Diamond Club" up in the Viking Crown. Can someone tell me about it? I am Diamond and want to know how it is different from the Concierge Lounge on other classes. Is it controlled access for Diamond / Diamond plus only? Is it open all the time?

Thanks!

I know it is controlled access but I'm not sure about whether it is open 24 hours, has a continental breakfast spread and happy hour. Hope someone who has sailed on Freedom can tell us.

Entry is controlled by a key card that is in Diamond members' cabin when they arrive. Coffee/capuccino and tea are available 24/6, drinks and hors d'ouvres (sp) available approx 5:30-8:30. There are a couple of computers available, and DVDs to borrow. The attendent is there only certain hours that are listed in the info that accompanies the key. We really enjoyed the after dinner drinks and visits with fellow Diamond members when on the Freedom in December.

Entry is controlled by a key card that is in Diamond members' cabin when they arrive. Coffee/capuccino and tea are available 24/6, drinks and hors d'ouvres (sp) available approx 5:30-8:30. There are a couple of computers available, and DVDs to borrow. The attendent is there only certain hours that are listed in the info that accompanies the key. We really enjoyed the after dinner drinks and visits with fellow Diamond members when on the Freedom in December.

Did they have continental breakfast that included lox, bagel and cream cheese? The have this in the concierge lounges.

I think some people are confused about the Concierge and an area called the Diamond Lounge up in the viking crown lounge. The description Songster gave sounds like the concierge lounge to me. Anyone else have an idea??

I think some people are confused about the Concierge and an area called the Diamond Lounge up in the viking crown lounge. The description Songster gave sounds like the concierge lounge to me. Anyone else have an idea??

skyking, RC found that there were so many people eligible for the Concierge Lounge that they needed an overflow place. On the Freedom, they made it an official "other" location. Regular CL for suite guests, Diamond Lounge for, well, Diamond and Diamond Plus C&A members.

skyking, RC found that there were so many people eligible for the Concierge Lounge that they needed an overflow place. On the Freedom, they made it an official "other" location. Regular CL for suite guests, Diamond Lounge for, well, Diamond and Diamond Plus C&A members.

This is GREAT NEWS:) Thanks and I am sorry I mis understood, or had NO idea. More reason to make Diamond.....Just 2 more credits to go:(

We recently cruised on the Radiance and are Diamond Members. We were not allowed in the Concierge lounge. They were reserved for Diamond members who had booked suites. We had to go to another bar that was designated for the other Diamond members not in suites. At first I was a little miffed but we had more room and more fun in the other bar. We got complimentary food and drinks every night from 5-8. There was no morning continental breakfast. But I didn't care. Got up too late for breakfast anyway.

Ann

We called it "The Secret Room" and it was just the best! Being Diamond members does have it's perks!

It's open 24/7 but one must have the key. The Rep. is there, checks your name on the manifest list and trust me they know if you belong or not.

I must admit that I like that since we deserve the perks after sailing so many many times.

Breakfast consists of the usual continental flare. Happy Hour is great with everything to think of except the frozen drinks. Hot treats too.

It's nice and we enjoyed it each and every day!

We called it "The Secret Room" and it was just the best! Being Diamond members does have it's perks!

It's open 24/7 but one must have the key. The Rep. is there, checks your name on the manifest list and trust me they know if you belong or not.

I must admit that I like that since we deserve the perks after sailing so many many times.

Breakfast consists of the usual continental flare. Happy Hour is great with everything to think of except the frozen drinks. Hot treats too.

It's nice and we enjoyed it each and every day!

Guess you are talking about the Diamond Lounge on Freedom. I like the breakfast in there as it quiet and has news sheets etc. DH goes up to the Windjammer but I'm content with lox, bagel and cream cheese and the best coffee on the ship. And if this is Freedom you are talking about, you get a great view unlike the concierge lounge. (enjoyed the view on Serenade last summer in Alaska)

What is the policy if you are traveling with non-Diamond members?

Do they wait at the door and enviously watch you drink and eat? :)

I think it depends on the concierge/diamond lounge attendant. The lounge is often crowded on some sailings as there are so many D/D+s

So it is a CL with a better view. That's great! We always have a pre-dinner cocktail up in the Viking Crown... Now we can do it there. It's a longer walk, but that's okay. Thanks to all who have answered.

Guess you are talking about the Diamond Lounge on Freedom. I like the breakfast in there as it quiet and has news sheets etc. DH goes up to the Windjammer but I'm content with lox, bagel and cream cheese and the best coffee on the ship. And if this is Freedom you are talking about, you get a great view unlike the concierge lounge. (enjoyed the view on Serenade last summer in Alaska)

I echo ^^ this sentiment. The Diamond Lounge on Freedom was simply lovely. And up on the top deck with amazing views - so much nicer than the closed in concierge lounges.

We are in an os on fos and are diamond members. Which lounge do we go to (0ur cabin is 1348, directly across from the cl)? Where is the diamond lounge (deck)? Thanks!

The Diamond Club is off the Viking Crown lounge area - deck 14. You'll probably get keys to both - but the diamond lounge is way cooler. The concierge lounge is still on deck 9 aft elevators.

I suspect you will receive keys to both and if so, visit both of them and then you can decide which you prefer to frequent. I think you will find that the great views available from the Freedom lounge make it much more preferable to the interior room that is the Concierge Club.:D

I suspect you will receive keys to both and if so, visit both of them and then you can decide which you prefer to frequent. I think you will find that the great views available from the Freedom lounge make it much more preferable to the interior room that is the Concierge Club.:D
Or you could run into the CL for breakfast and have dinner cocktails in the DL. Such a hard dilema!!!!

Archived