**LIVE from the Pacific Princess 4/24 - 6/13/07 Sydney to Anchorage-The TransPacific!

JotWorld

Easykruz Bill,

What are you doing up in the middle of the night?......Isn't it only about 3:30am your time?

The life of leisure is great, why try to sleep if your not tired, right?:eek: For all those that have seen Jot Bill's Pictures, they are of the Sunrise over Melbourne, Australia. :cool:

Easykruz,

Wild Bill:)

Jot, I have a question re: PP. You mentioned several, several posts ago, that the Sun Princess was showing her age. How is the PP. She showing her age as well? And, I know you haven't slept much, but how are the beds? Should we request the eggcrate or have they updated the mattresses?

Thanks, just curious.

What all day tour are you taking ? Details please....enquiring minds want to know. Sis C

OK, out at 8:30AM to Big buses, great ride to Melbourne & outside the city about 1.25 Hrs to Puffing Billy Train(see pics) in hills, then nice ride through the hills & green areas to Widlife park(Zoo). Saw the Kangeroos(Pic), Platypus's:eek: , wonbats, wallabees, Tazmainian Devils:eek:, Koalas, and many other interesting Aussie animals.

Then another nice ride through the wine country hills to Fergusson's Winery & Restaurant. Great wine & great Prime ribs of beef with all the fixins:D Irene loved the wine & we bought two bottles 7 brought them back to use in the sweet for guests, want to come join us;)

Jot:)

WOW, I just checked in on thsi Live from and certainly a lot of activity! I am also onboard with Bill and some others that I have yet to meet. I am longtime cruiser and looking forward to sharing new experiences' with others on here.

I am just in the City Centre in Melbourne right now as I quickly depleat my internet minutes being an Elite while onboard. I probably will only post from ashore.

The weather today is gorgeous and sunny and an expected high of 72 F. We set sail at 5:00pm.

One very convenient thing about Melbourne is that you can take the #109 tram from the pier right into the City in less than 30 minutes for $6.00 AUD roundtrip.

FLASH...

Thanks for the Live posting, I can use all the help I can get!;)

Please keep it up , when you can!:D

Come on everyone, let's hear it for Flash posting?:)

Jot

Hurray on the luggage.

Marilee

Yup, I'm tickled pink:D

pa_bridge.jpg

Thanks Bill for the Daily Cam!

JOT Bill,

I'm glad you received your luggage, I've heard horror stories where some people have received their luggage at the end of the trip. :eek:

Easykruz,

Dollar Bill

Boy, I really didn't think I would see it again, really! :eek:

Now, I have to go after them for my $200.00 (Temp Expenses);)

Jot

Quote:

Originally Posted by easykruz viewpost.gif

I will let Capt. JOT explain these pictures.

Bill, What is there to explain, I gave you that info, Your Fired!:eek: Capt Jot:)

JotBill, I think Easykruz Bill was just being a gentleman. Since they're your pictures, he wanted you to take the spotlight for them when you do your "telling"..... He shows and you tell. LOL:)

Jot, I have a question re: PP. You mentioned several, several posts ago, that the Sun Princess was showing her age. How is the PP. She showing her age as well? And, I know you haven't slept much, but how are the beds? Should we request the eggcrate or have they updated the mattresses?

Thanks, just curious.

Mrs 007,

She's not new but she is Fresh, and clean, and not shabby at all, If I find something that looks shabby I'll post it, OK! I would go with the egg crates if you like, they are older, I don't know when they are scheduled for replacement, usually about every two years if I remem right?:confused:

Our is Great, but it is upgraded in the sweets.;)

Jot

Maybe you have already thought of this and I am just slow on the uptake, but...when you get back home, are you going to print off this thread and have it bound into a book? Would that be cool or what!!! A written journal of your travels. Something you could pass down to the grandkids - THE TRAVELS OF GRANDPA AND GRANDMA.

Oh no, Mr. Bill needs his job.:eek:

By the way it is posted in the next posting down.

That's Not good enough!:cool:

Quote:

JotBill, I think Easykruz Bill was just being a gentleman. Since they're your pictures, he wanted you to take the spotlight for them when you do your "telling"..... He shows and you tell. LOL:)

Yes Miss Mary, That is a good excuse, but I won't buy it!:mad: :D

Jot

Great dining at Fergusson's Winery.

Bill, Please go to bed & get some rest, i need you to be sharp the next 5 weeks!;)

I'm outa here, I'm Dead, made it to 10:10PM so I guess I finally turned it around, the Day & night thing.:rolleyes:

BTW, We are really Rocking & rolling in the Tasman Sea, it has been picking up every hour since we left port at 5PM.

Later........................................in AM (Your PM of the Day before:eek: )

Jot:)

Not that I want to interrupt this thread but while we are waiting for our hosts to return can anyone tell me what it is they love about the smaller ships ? My vast sailing experience :rolleyes: , has been mainly on larger ships for no particular reason. I have grown up on the water & have owned boats my whole life. I really have a feeling my dh & I would love the smaller ships. Honestly the most important aspect of our cruising experience to us is the size & price of our room. I could not live without a balcony & at least a sitting area with couch & a few chairs. It's nice to be entertained but we don't need 15 lounges. With being in my mid 40's, & dh being a couple of years older we are no longer looking for an all night party atmosphere! It seems to me that on Princess there are some die hard fans of certain ships & I would love to know their reasons why. I get the feeling I might be missing out on something very special by not checking out the smaller ships!

I probably should have started a separate thread for this but I really didn't know I was going to take this direction until I saw the pic & started typing ! Realizing that the most experienced Princess cruisers are on this thread I just got taken away, sorry !

We are sailing on the Crown this Oct. and very much looking forward to it even though it is a large ship :) !!!

Since nobody currently on the Pacific answered this one, I'm going to jump in and do it.

I love the large ships; so much to do (if you want to) and so little time to do it. Not as much going on on the smaller ships. But, there is something to be said about getting from "here to there" in an instant. This is what the Pacific is all about. And the minis.........to die for! Anecdote: when we arrived at our cabin the 2nd time aboard the Pacific, my DH looked and said, "I don't remember it being this big." Usually folks remark about how small their cabin is.

We've been on the Golden (3 times), Grand and Star (twice) and are booked on the Caribbean in June. We've also done the Pacific (80+ days) and are scheduled on the Royal and the Crown. Of course there were the in-between medium sized ships too. I love my balconies and I love every cruise we take. Try the smaller ship; you'll love it. We too don't need all those bars/lounges, but that's how they make their $$$. Not from us. :)

Pia

WOW, I just checked in on thsi Live from and certainly a lot of activity! I am also onboard with Bill and some others that I have yet to meet. I am longtime cruiser and looking forward to sharing new experiences' with others on here.

I am just in the City Centre in Melbourne right now as I quickly depleat my internet minutes being an Elite while onboard. I probably will only post from ashore.

The weather today is gorgeous and sunny and an expected high of 72 F. We set sail at 5:00pm.

One very convenient thing about Melbourne is that you can take the #109 tram from the pier right into the City in less than 30 minutes for $6.00 AUD roundtrip.

FLASH...

Hi Flash!

How great to meet a new poster and such an experienced traveler:D ! I'm doing a cut and paste of all your wonderful information. Keep up all the great work, we love the valuable information.

Cindy and Curt:) :)

Archived