**LIVE from the Pacific Princess 4/24 - 6/13/07 Sydney to Anchorage-The TransPacific!

JotWorld

How's this for a far reach. The pictures of the Tasmin Sea being posted from Sacramento and making me about (()) this close to booking the Regal to Hawaii this summer so I have somewhere warm to add to my visit to Alaska on the Pacific.

Guest flashpromo4me

WOW, I just checked in on thsi Live from and certainly a lot of activity! I am also onboard with Bill and some others that I have yet to meet. I am longtime cruiser and looking forward to sharing new experiences' with others on here.

I am just in the City Centre in Melbourne right now as I quickly depleat my internet minutes being an Elite while onboard. I probably will only post from ashore.

The weather today is gorgeous and sunny and an expected high of 72 F. We set sail at 5:00pm.

One very convenient thing about Melbourne is that you can take the #109 tram from the pier right into the City in less than 30 minutes for $6.00 AUD roundtrip.

FLASH...

WOW, I just checked in on thsi Live from and certainly a lot of activity! I am also onboard with Bill and some others that I have yet to meet. I am longtime cruiser and looking forward to sharing new experiences' with others on here.

FLASH...

Thanks for posting Flash and I look forward to anything you have time to post. Multiple author live from threads are the best. As far as meeting Bill just go to the internet cafe on the ship and look for the handsome man typing away. That'll likely be him :D

I am just in the City Centre in Melbourne right now as I quickly depleat my internet minutes being an Elite while onboard. I probably will only post from ashore.

The weather today is gorgeous and sunny and an expected high of 72 F. We set sail at 5:00pm.

One very convenient thing about Melbourne is that you can take the #109 tram from the pier right into the City in less than 30 minutes for $6.00 AUD roundtrip.

FLASH...

Hi Flash:

It's great to have another person on board posting too. We froze our A**** off when we were in Melbourne 15 years ago. Nice to hear that the weather is so good. Our temp was 30 F. Looking forward to reading what you have to say.

Pia

Guest flashpromo4me
Hi Flash:

It's great to have another person on board posting too. We froze our A**** off when we were in Melbourne 15 years ago. Nice to hear that the weather is so good. Our temp was 30 F. Looking forward to reading what you have to say.

Pia

Thank you for the warm welcome PIA. Having been here many a times during winter it's always been extremely HOT! Today at 72F is very nice. There is also a nice breeze as well.

The City is bustling with morning commuters and the trains are very reliable and I would recommend to anyone to take them as well for $6.00 AUD unlimited day pass is certainly worth it.

FLASH....

Hi-I was trying to find this itinerary on the princess web sight. Can you post it. We are booked on the Emerald 9/26/2007 from Barcelona/FLL. We are also waitlisted on the Sun, Seattle-Sydney in the same time frame. Both are 28-30 days. We have been told that the Sun is significantly showing her age. Also our 22 year old son is going along this time so I am wondering if he will find other people his age on the Sun if we get a cabin. The itinerary sounds wonderful All of that warm weather compared to the chill of Europe and the Atlantic in Oct. Considering the two ships, The Emerald is the one on the European cruise which would one suggest. We live in Seattle so again that is a plus. Nothing like driving down to the pier and boarding the ship in your hometown. Help:)

Susan

Susan, we will be on the SUN in September Seattle to Syd.

Read our roll call on the roll call thread:D

Guest flashpromo4me

After much walking around the City Centre I am headed back to the Little Paradise called the Pacific Princess. The weather is holding up perfectly this morning.

Can't wait to get back onboard and have a decent meal and go to the gym and use a treadmill while people are ashore.

FLASH....

How's this for a far reach. The pictures of the Tasmin Sea being posted from Sacramento and making me about (()) this close to booking the Regal to Hawaii this summer so I have somewhere warm to add to my visit to Alaska on the Pacific.

Don't hesitate, because the Regal Princess is going to another cruise line and won't be back (unless the name is used for a newer ship).:eek: If you feel the urge then go! Providing you have the $. Santa Clarita is hot during the summer, so you want to go because????? Hopefully because cruising is (IMHO) the best way to spend time (vacation for people that are still working and I paid my time), fresh air on the ocean, boat rocks you to sleep, don't forget the pampering (room stewart and waiter), entertainment, and let's not forget the food . Excellent!!!!!!

SO GO FOR IT!:cool: ;)

Easykruz,

Dollar Bill:)

FLASH...

When you get into every port, please post, I am speaking for everyone reading this thread, we would like to get your perspective on the cruise.

Easykruz,

What all day tour are you taking ? Details please....enquiring minds want to know. :) Sis C

Bill posted this at I believe around 2:45am:

" We got a Full day at 8AM till 4:30PM with Puffing Billy & Wildlife Park, etc etc, will report after, if I don't crash again, then."

I'm sure we'll get a full report, that is if he has refueled himself with some food !!!

Good Morning Bill,

Welcome "downunder and welcome to Melbourne.Trust you have a great day and enjoy your tour today.

Caught you arriving this morning and lining up with the lights on Station Pier

4ih9tz7.jpg

and heres one from last month when PP was in town on the same day as her big sister,while she was doing the Round Australia cruise

3zh4fnr.jpg

Thank you for the great perspective between the Sapphire and the Pacific Princess.

Easycruzin for everyone

Thank you for the great perspective between the Sapphire and the Pacific Princess.

Easycruzin for everyone

That is a great shot & really gives one a such a perspective !!!

Not that I want to interrupt this thread but while we are waiting for our hosts to return can anyone tell me what it is they love about the smaller ships ? My vast sailing experience :rolleyes: , has been mainly on larger ships for no particular reason. I have grown up on the water & have owned boats my whole life. I really have a feeling my dh & I would love the smaller ships. Honestly the most important aspect of our cruising experience to us is the size & price of our room. I could not live without a balcony & at least a sitting area with couch & a few chairs. It's nice to be entertained but we don't need 15 lounges. With being in my mid 40's, & dh being a couple of years older we are no longer looking for an all night party atmosphere! It seems to me that on Princess there are some die hard fans of certain ships & I would love to know their reasons why. I get the feeling I might be missing out on something very special by not checking out the smaller ships!

I probably should have started a separate thread for this but I really didn't know I was going to take this direction until I saw the pic & started typing ! Realizing that the most experienced Princess cruisers are on this thread I just got taken away, sorry !

We are sailing on the Crown this Oct. and very much looking forward to it even though it is a large ship :) !!!

Wow, Ya snooze ya lose, Great "Live Thread" Ted I mean Bill. We are leaving Saturday for the Panama Canal on the Coral. I will check in when ever I can.

Have a wonderful safe trip.

Dianne (Alice):D

Thank you for the great perspective between the Sapphire and the Pacific Princess.Easycruzin for everyone

A friend from Melbourne sent that pic to me and I also think its great.Taken from the observation deck of a high rise in the city,with a telephoto lens.

Makes the Pacific Princess look like a "private yacht"

So am I a rotten person if I am hoping Jot & Irene have a nice meal after they get back and then get a good nights sleep? I really want to hear about their day of course but cruising is not nearly as much fun if you're over tired.

Don't hesitate, because the Regal Princess is going to another cruise line and won't be back (unless the name is used for a newer ship).:eek: If you feel the urge then go! Providing you have the $. Santa Clarita is hot during the summer, so you want to go because????? Hopefully because cruising is (IMHO) the best way to spend time (vacation for people that are still working and I paid my time), fresh air on the ocean, boat rocks you to sleep, don't forget the pampering (room stewart and waiter), entertainment, and let's not forget the food . Excellent!!!!!!

SO GO FOR IT!:cool: ;)

Easykruz,

Amen brother! You are so right. Those are the exact reasons I was thinking about her. Add to that she leaves from my home port and what more could you ask?

Great pictures, Bill! Keep them coming! It's been a while since we have seen such blue skies ( if our sky ever gets that blue, LOL ) way up here. Many thanks!

Mary

Mary, Will do, wait till you see today's, tomorrow, which for us is Yeterdays? :confused:

Thanks for coming along! Bill

Jot,

How are you emailing the photos to Bill? Do you use your own computer in the internet cafe or have you found a way to upload?

Kim, there is a Memory card reader at each computer, you put your card in from your camera & follow the instruction to email photos, it is real easy for anyone.:)

Jot

Good Morning Bill,

Welcome "downunder and welcome to Melbourne.Trust you have a great day and enjoy your tour today.

Caught you arriving this morning and lining up with the lights on Station Pier

4ih9tz7.jpg

and heres one from last month when PP was in town on the same day as her big sister,while she was doing the Round Australia cruise

3zh4fnr.jpg

Thanks David for the Welcome to your wonderful "Downunder"!:) We had such a great All day tour today & I got my luggage back from Auckland this AM, just minutes b/4 going on tour.;) Your Pics are Great as always, please feel free to post pics often on here as everyone loves them & this thread is going to be more of a Pic thread. I plan to post some myself everyday with Bill's help.

My Best!

Bill

I cannot wait! Tell me. You are a very experianced cruiser. Do you take mostly ships tours or do it yourself whenever you can? We usually like to do it ourselves but we've also cruised mostly from ports within 5 hours of Los Angeles.

Both, it depends on the area & the amount of time I have for research on each cruise, Mostly ship tours till Hawaii, and rental cars there & Alaska & private tours in Alaska. Princess has some good tours & sometimes they are hard to beat, although you can save money with privates & the Groups will usually be smaller.(IMHO):)

Irene is my Protectorate in Murphy, NC or Florida, so be nice to her.;)

Easykruz,

Dollar Bill

I will don't worry, be Happy!:D

Thanks David for the Welcome to your wonderful "Downunder"!:) We had such a great All day tour today & I got my luggage back from Auckland this AM, just minutes b/4 going on tour.;) Your Pics are Great as always, please feel free to post pics often on here as everyone loves them & this thread is going to be more of a Pic thread. I plan to post some myself everyday with Bill's help.

My Best!

Bill

Hurray on the luggage.

Marilee

We had such a great All day tour today & I got my luggage back from Auckland this AM, just minutes b/4 going on tour.

Bill

JOT Bill,

I'm glad you received your luggage, I've heard horror stories where some people have received their luggage at the end of the trip. :eek:

Easykruz,

Dollar Bill :)

Archived