6 Weeks to go- The wait is brutal!!

Hey there everyone- I have 6 weeks to go before our cruise and it is driving me crazy. I want to go now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I so need this vacation and some down time. Been stressful around here lately and I could use a break. Oh well, guess I'll just have to try and fill the void till then....guess that means more time on cruise critic, lol!!!:)

You are right, the waiting seems forever and them you blink and the cruise is over. I have been following a website that lists "A Cruise planning timeline", which has been fun. There are things you can do now as you wait. Review packing lists or create your own. Type up itinerary sheets and contact information to stick in each luggage, arrange pet, etc! You are getting very close! And so am I!

Karen

I feel your pain! I have 2 1/2 weeks to go, and I'm about ready to scream. LOL. Our cruise is a surprise cruise for my DH's birthday, so I can't even talk to him about it! :eek: The wait has been killing me... I'm so excited about seeing his face when we pull into port... just typing it takes my breath away!

Hang in there... we'll just have to stay close to the boards until then!

Dona ;)

I know exactly how you feel. My cruise is 5 weeks away and I can't wait to go. I try to force myself not to think about it too much because that makes to time go by faster. But that is easier said than done.:rolleyes:

It's the old Tom Petty song: "The wai-ai-ting is the hardest part..."

Seriously...I'm 63 days from my next cruise...The cruise fares are paid up, the shore excursions are booked, the planning is done...too early to pack...

Nothing to do now but daydream...

And one tough part for me...My best friend at work is going on the Adventure of the Seas--on May 13...So, while I've got to wait 9 more weeks, I go out to lunch with this guy 2 or 3 times a week and listen to how he's only about 2 weeks away...Makes me want to take another cruise in the intervening time...

I wish I only had 6 weeks! I have 14 weeks to wait! But that's okay because while you all are suffering through PCD, I'll be the one saying, "Just 6 more weeks until I set sail!" ;)

But you're right, the time does seem to slow down considerably once you get past that 2-month mark! The waiting is brutal, but it's part of what makes everything so exciting when you finally do get to go!

Dona- That would be so hard doing the cruise as a surprise and hiding all your excitement! If I couldn't talk about the cruise, I think I'd burst! But seeing the look on his face will be well worth it! :)

I like looking at people's pictures to help pass the time. Bill- I love your Explorer pics! They got me even more excited about my upcoming cruise!

Dona- That would be so hard doing the cruise as a surprise and hiding all your excitement! If I couldn't talk about the cruise, I think I'd burst! But seeing the look on his face will be well worth it! :)

I think the hardest for me is not to let it slip - and not being able to talk about it... thank goodness for CC!!

Ocean: I agree with you 100%. The anticipation is part of the fun and shouldn't be wished away... but boy, is that harder to do then to say! And yes, it does end WAY to soon!!!

Happy sailings all!!

Dona :)

Wow! thanks for all the great responses! And I also agree, not being able to say anything to my DH would just about kill me--although I am considering booking a cruise on the Enchantment for our 20th Anniversary next year and it would also be a surprise.

Wow! thanks for all the great responses! And I also agree, not being able to say anything to my DH would just about kill me--although I am considering booking a cruise on the Enchantment for our 20th Anniversary next year and it would also be a surprise.

I sure hope that by the time we get to our 20th Anniversary (We'll be celebrating our 5th on Explorer in August) we'll be at the point financially where I could secretly book a cruise without DH killing me! Right now it's an issue that has to be discussed, budgeted, planned, agreed upon, and doing it more than once a year is out of the question. Besides, he would see the charge on the credit card. How do you guys keep that a secret? If I told DH not to look at the CC statement or the checking account used to pay off the CC, I'm sure he'd get a little suspicious...and worried! But it sure would be an awesome surprise if I could ever make it work!

I have 4 hump days to go as my fellow M&M folk tell me ;)

I'm passing the time by ...gasp...writing exams ;)

BUT, after that I'll be checking and re-checking that we have everything in order and of course...biting the nails in anticipation.

I agree that the way before hand is part of the cruise experience. ENJOY IT! It will soon be over and I like whoever said...aboud PCD.

I assume it means Post Cruise Disorder? lol

Hey there everyone- I have 6 weeks to go before our cruise and it is driving me crazy. I want to go now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I so need this vacation and some down time. Been stressful around here lately and I could use a break. Oh well, guess I'll just have to try and fill the void till then....guess that means more time on cruise critic, lol!!!:)
Do lots of cruise ritual things -- start a packing list (I have templates done in chart mode for cruises and for other types of travel). Start looking for things you need to buy; Separate your clothes and make sure they are ready -- if you iron, better to do it early; dry cleaning, etc. Research what cruise you might book with the future cruise consultant. check your sailing for price reductions. Brush up on port research. And of course keep checking Cruise Critic -- hope you have an active roll call.

Wish I was on a short time frame, we had to change our May 31 Enchantment cruise to Nov. 29 for Navigator and between correcting finals & research papers plus working on a State Senate race, I could have used a break too. However, spring really is DH's busy season . Anyway, cruise time is always faster than regular time.

I have 4 hump days to go as my fellow M&M folk tell me ;)

I'm passing the time by ...gasp...writing exams ;)

BUT, after that I'll be checking and re-checking that we have everything in order and of course...biting the nails in anticipation.

I agree that the way before hand is part of the cruise experience. ENJOY IT! It will soon be over and I like whoever said...aboud PCD.

I assume it means Post Cruise Disorder? lol

More specifically, Post Cruise Depression.

My advice is to enjoy the anticipation. I think that is at least part of the fun of a cruise. Don't wish away the days because all to soon it will be over.

I was going to say the say thing. I LOVE the precruise anticipation. The week before...:rolleyes:

Did you join a roll call? I did that for our cruise last year and we are still posting to each other. They are the only ones who can feel 'your pain'.

It's the old Tom Petty song: "The wai-ai-ting is the hardest part..."

Seriously...I'm 63 days from my next cruise...The cruise fares are paid up, the shore excursions are booked, the planning is done...too early to pack...

Nothing to do now but daydream...

And one tough part for me...My best friend at work is going on the Adventure of the Seas--on May 13...So, while I've got to wait 9 more weeks, I go out to lunch with this guy 2 or 3 times a week and listen to how he's only about 2 weeks away...Makes me want to take another cruise in the intervening time...

Hey encourage your friend to join our roll call. We have a fun group sailing 5/13!!!!

We had fun creating a cruise song playlist for our Ipods!

Karen

I joined our roll call way back but it is so light- only just a few people visit the boards and there's no way for us to meet the minimum # required for a meet and mingle - just not enough people or interest. I will really miss that since I had this to look forward to on my last 2 cruises.... oh well. I am trying to stay focued and active- I just wish the time would finally get here. I think once May hits, it will pick up some since I have lots planned with my daughters- 1 getting ready to graduation with all her festivities and my other who plays softball. So, perhaps that will help.

I sure hope that by the time we get to our 20th Anniversary (We'll be celebrating our 5th on Explorer in August) we'll be at the point financially where I could secretly book a cruise without DH killing me! Right now it's an issue that has to be discussed, budgeted, planned, agreed upon, and doing it more than once a year is out of the question. Besides, he would see the charge on the credit card. How do you guys keep that a secret? If I told DH not to look at the CC statement or the checking account used to pay off the CC, I'm sure he'd get a little suspicious...and worried! But it sure would be an awesome surprise if I could ever make it work!

I was very very lucky that at the end of the year, I received a very nice bonus, so instead of buying more presents for Christmas, I thought - WOW, I could do a surprise cruise for DH... Now, if he tried to do it, I would so catch on because I check the statements, etc!!

Happy sailings to all....

Dona :)

Hey encourage your friend to join our roll call. We have a fun group sailing 5/13!!!!

Karen, I don't think my friend is the type that would get into this...He keeps on worrying about getting a "table for two" at dinner so he doesn't have to eat with "strangers"!!! It's only his second cruise and it's going to take him some time to warm up to it...BUT...if you happen to run into Tony and Kally from Orange County, California (and in an aft JS ion Deck 6), go ahead and give them that "Aha! You're the ones..." look. They're actually really nice people...I've worked with Tony for 16 years and I couldn't find a better colleague to work with...He just really needs to loosen up a little for the cruise...They are flying in two nights early and staying at the Sheraton. I helped him plan thisone and he keeps telling me that if he doesn't have a good time, he's going to blame me!

I joined our roll call way back but it is so light- only just a few people visit the boards and there's no way for us to meet the minimum # required for a meet and mingle - just not enough people or interest. I will really miss that since I had this to look forward to on my last 2 cruises

You know, I'm preparing myself for that eventuality as well...For my Liberty of the Seas cruise, I started the Roll call back in May 2006 and there are only 49 posts...and most of them, of late, have been between me and one other poster...With 64 days to go, we only have 15 guests signed up for the M&M...it's like pulling teeth...

Meanwhile, we have another cuise immediately affter on the Carnival Liberty...and for that one, our roll call has 207 posts and there have been several every day of late...Carnival doesn't host a formal M&M, but our group have all already agreed on an informal one, on the Lido deck Aft Bar right after the muster drill...

I am so much more accustomed to having large active roll calls...and you'd think with the much larger number of people on the Liberty of the Seas, it wouldn't have been such a problem!!

Stop trying to rush time! The closer you get to your cruise date, the sooner it will be all over! Enjoy the wait! Experience the anticipation! Revel in it! It will all be over all too soon!

I have 8 weeks, sometimes it seems such a long way off, and other times it seems so short(like I ONLY have 8 weeks to lose weight)!!!!!! I can't wait for it to get here, but I don't want my cruise to be over!!!!! It'll be hard to plan future cruises because my daughter will be graduating from grad school, probably be getting married(has to get engaged first but anticipates that to happen soon), so we'll be planning a wedding. This cruise wasn't booked till my sister was sure of the due date of her first grandchild! Then I'll have that kind of stuff to look forward to!

Karen, I don't think my friend is the type that would get into this...He keeps on worrying about getting a "table for two" at dinner so he doesn't have to eat with "strangers"!!! It's only his second cruise and it's going to take him some time to warm up to it...BUT...if you happen to run into Tony and Kally from Orange County, California (and in an aft JS ion Deck 6), go ahead and give them that "Aha! You're the ones..." look. They're actually really nice people...I've worked with Tony for 16 years and I couldn't find a better colleague to work with...He just really needs to loosen up a little for the cruise...They are flying in two nights early and staying at the Sheraton. I helped him plan thisone and he keeps telling me that if he doesn't have a good time, he's going to blame me!

Well tell Tony to look up to deck 10 and wave. Almost everyone on the aft is meeting and mingling, planning excursions together and pre-cruise drinks in Puerto Rico.Tell Tony Hard Rock San Juan 4pm Saturday 5/12! Good group, very welcoming group! Have him lean back, wave and yell "I'm Tony!" And he will have instant friends!

Karen

Archived