All Things Mariner Of The Seas

Good Morning Carol.....the Thermal Suites...:D It is located up in the Spa....I have misplaced your e-mail...here is mine...angelaandjohn@charter.net...I would be happy to send you some fabulous pictures... I was on the Serenade in Alaska....The hot tile loungers are the best. I was laying on one just about to take a nap when a HUGE GREY colored whale(don't know what kind) Jumped out of the water turned and landed on it's side...that was really cool. The floor to cieling windows have great views of everything.

Angela

Good Morning Carol.....the Thermal Suites...:D It is located up in the Spa....I have misplaced your e-mail...here is mine...angelaandjohn@charter.net...I would be happy to send you some fabulous pictures... I was on the Serenade in Alaska....The hot tile loungers are the best. I was laying on one just about to take a nap when a HUGE GREY colored whale(don't know what kind) Jumped out of the water turned and landed on it's side...that was really cool. The floor to cieling windows have great views of everything.

Angela

would love to see the pics - carfieldtnepo@comcast.net

carol

SO excited! Just booked Mariner for 4/5. Just my daughter and I (14).

We sailed Mariner a few years back, and loved the ship so much. Very good memories from that cruise, including the BEST waitress we have ever had :p

This is over our spring break...lots of kids I'm sure :D:eek:

Can't wait!

Hi! It's also going to be a Mom and Daughter cruise for us on April 5th. My daughter is 16. This will be our first RCI cruise. I've always wanted to try one of their large ships, so I was OVER THE MOON when I heard the Mariner was moving out West! This is the way we're spending our Spring break. Dad gets to stay home with the remote! :D

We sailed Mariner a few years back, and loved the ship so much. Very good memories from that cruise, including the BEST waitress we have ever had :p

Can't wait!

Can't wait!

How exciting that you and Good As Gold will be on the Mariner at the same time -- can't wait for my 2/22/09 Inaugural cruise on that beautiful ship - it'll be my first time on the Mariner - however, I've sailed on the Explorer twice and will go on the Explorer again a week after the Mariner next yr. Carol

Hi Guys~

We have a roll call going for this cruise!! We have been looking at tshirt ideas and a meet & greet as well. Come join us!!:p We have lots of kids in the group in your kids age range as well. Counting the days!! COme on over and chat~ The link is below:D

Happy Cruising!

Donna

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=742072

Miss you on the Ca thread!! need to make me laff!! Carol
I read it, but usually at work. Very active thread, so I just skim through. Nothing recently has caught my eye for a good retort. But, I'll see if I have any funny pictures to post.

I read it, but usually at work. Very active thread, so I just skim through. Nothing recently has caught my eye for a good retort. But, I'll see if I have any funny pictures to post.

Looking forward to it - Gay always says something that can turn into something funny !! Carol

Woo Hoo - Finally booked on the Mariner in April. We were able to get #1690 aft as well. I was wondering about the beds and tvs - have they been updgraded yet? Will the mariner be in dry dock before or after it travels to the west coast?

(Sorry if these questions have been asked already - cant seem to find the answer). Thanks! :)

When are you going in April?? We are on the April 5th sailing. We have a roll call going also.

"RCLCruizer" and "Goodasgold" on this thread are also on our sailing! And there are several others on the rollcall board. Make sure you all sign up for the Meet & Mingle party~ That should be fun, I've never been to one.:D

We are alos planning a CC meet the first day I think.. Still early.

Have a great day!

Happy Cruising,

Donna

Unfortunately we will miss you - we are leaving 4/26 as of right now. But that keeps changing based on cabin availability! Ha! :) I look forward to your review afterwards though. I am actually looking forward to February when we can see the first reviews from the Mexican Riviera. Although I admit this cruise isnt for the locations as much as it is for R&R (which is why we want to get a better stateroom). :)

We are hoping to book the Marnier for 03/01/09 very soon. My husband and I have only been on one Royal cruise and that was on the Explorer of March of 05. We except that the Mariner will be super similiar, except for the ports of course! I haven't been on these board much lately since our last cruise in December 07 on the Crown Princess. What is the deal w/ the $14.95 steak charges? I am so confused about that. What should we expect for weather in Mexico during the beginning of March? Where are some good places to stay in San Pedro? We plan on flying into Long Beach on Jet Blue. I can't wait to book this cruise and start my countdown clock in my signature!!!!:D

Woo Hoo - Finally booked on the Mariner in April. We were able to get #1690 aft as well. I was wondering about the beds and tvs - have they been updgraded yet? Will the mariner be in dry dock before or after it travels to the west coast?

(Sorry if these questions have been asked already - cant seem to find the answer). Thanks! :)

Hiya... I'll be on the Mariner's inaugural sailing on 2/22/09 -- looking forward to it - have never been on that ship altho I have been on the Explorer a couple of times. In 3 weeks I'll be on the Vision which has the same ports as the Mariner so I will do a 'look-see' to prep for my 2/22/09 Mex Riv cruise... Corkey Carol

Hi y'all...................first of all, thank you SO much for all of the information................we sail next month and I already feel like I know SO much about this ship.

There's one thing I need some help with. Since Cyber Cabin has gone down the toilet, it is now good to know where the "hot spots" are for Wi-Fi on the Mariner. Our cabin is on the hump on Deck 9 , just across from the Concierge Lounge, so I'm thinking that there must be a hot spot in the CL. Is that correct? Anyone know if we might be able to have a signal in our cabin?

Hi y'all...................first of all, thank you SO much for all of the information................we sail next month and I already feel like I know SO much about this ship.

There's one thing I need some help with. Since Cyber Cabin has gone down the toilet, it is now good to know where the "hot spots" are for Wi-Fi on the Mariner. Our cabin is on the hump on Deck 9 , just across from the Concierge Lounge, so I'm thinking that there must be a hot spot in the CL. Is that correct? Anyone know if we might be able to have a signal in our cabin?

personally i do not bring our laptop, but yes, I see folks sitting at the lounge there right by the CL on their laptops=so I assume that there is a hot spot there... also, one friend usually brings his laptop into the CL in the evenings when it's not busy or full -

have fun on your cruise!! Carol

Carol-you are sooo lucky......we will be waiting until April....Spring Break Baby.... Yippeee

Angela

Your DD is so lucky to have great parents like you who want to give her the best experiences in cruising! Corkey Carol

Corkey: Our Diamond designation isn't official until we finish the Mariner cruise, so I knew we couldn't go in the CL......but thanks for the observation, so we should be able to use ours in the cabin; a lucky break for sure!

BTW, my Dad's nickname was Corky (a derivative from our last name)......LOL

As you can see below, I am shipping out on Dec. 7th this year. A cruise mate of ours is looking to see the new menu, especially as it relates to the Eastern venue. I figured this was the best place to find them. Has anyone posted them or have photos they would be willing to share? wzahn(at)nycap.rr.com

Thanks,

marc

Archived