All Things Mariner Of The Seas

Yes there is a self serve coffe area in the cafe promenade - we've been on the Mariner 6 times now and its our favourite ship. Cafe also serves snacks, pizzas, desserts, etc

Our family members also sailed on the Explorer a few years back and they didn't realize that the cafe promenade was "free". We still joke with them about this - they saw people lined up for the snacks right next to the bar on the other side and assumed you paid for everything

Hi everyone! 113 days before we cruise!!! :D I have a question though re: the specialty restaurant Chops and Portifino in Mariner ship. I have been getting mixed answers.

On Chops or Portifino, can you order more than 1 item on the main course dinner if you don't like what you ordered first or wanted to try another entree? I saw the menu and they all look so good..... Have you ordered more than 1? We wanted to try both restaurant but I don't know if I order more than one I will get that "look" from the waiter. But if not I am fine too but I might have to think about it twice. I thought that the extra fee is for service charge and not for the food? Anybody can help?

Thanks,

Rachel

Captain Johnny???

Captain Johnny is our most popular captain. He will be sailing the Mariner around from Port Canaveral.

He has a motorcycle he rides in port and a scooter when on the ship. He is one of the most delightful captains with his Chinese sayings at the noon announcement. As he is responsible for being the captain on the Voyager class ships as they came out of the shipyards we hope he will be returning to the east coast for the new larger class ships.

I love this thread. It's answering alot of my questions. I have questions but it's already been answered. Thank you!

This is why I restarted this thread. I used to follow it when I had another cruise scheduled on her but then I had to cancel it. So now that I've rebooked I thought it needed to be brought back to life. I'm glad others are getting answers, too! That's what CC is all about. ;)

I finally got around to uploading the few bits of video I managed to get on Captain Johnny and put it on YouTube. I wish it were more but I was running out of disk space and battery by that point :(

Enjoy!

Captain Johnny is our most popular captain. He will be sailing the Mariner around from Port Canaveral.

He has a motorcycle he rides in port and a scooter when on the ship. He is one of the most delightful captains with his Chinese sayings at the noon announcement. As he is responsible for being the captain on the Voyager class ships as they came out of the shipyards we hope he will be returning to the east coast for the new larger class ships.

If anyone is renting a car for a look around St Maartin-St Martin, I'd be happy to share the expense and tag along.

upgrade1st@yahoo.com

January 4 Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas Port Canaveral-Rio

Polish Steamship Company Isa Amsterdam-Transatlantic-Great Lakes-Chicago

Holland America Rotterdam Athens-Harwich, England

easyCruiseOne Athens 14 day Greek Islands

Star Clipper Puket, Thailand-TransIndian Ocean-Suez Canal-Athens

Mekong River Various Vietnam-Cambodia-Laos-Thailand-Myanmar-China

Hanjin Philadelphia Charleston, SC-Panama Canal-Transpacific-Hong Kong

Yacht Ilici Columbia-San Blas Islands-Panama

Voyages of Discovery Tahiti-Valparaiso, Chile

MSC Lirica Genoa-Transatlantic-Ft Lauderdale

Amazon Iquitos, Peru-Manaus

Orient Maro Polo Antarctica

Pohang Senator Tokyo-Transpacific-Los Angeles

MSC Opera Ft Lauderdale-Transatlantic-Genoa-Venice

Alaska Canadian and Alaska State Ferries

Cunard QEII New York-Transatlantic-Southhampton

WOW I just love this thread! The wife and I are going to be on her in April and cant wait. We realy hope Captain Johnny is still there. This will be our first time on this ship but have sailed the Nav. many times... With RCI moving her to the west coast it was the only way the wife could get me to do a mexican riviera trip.... man I cant wait....

Just found the answer about the menus:

Current menu for Chops:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/conten...e_Menu_Eng.pdf

This classic chophouse offers fabulous steak and seafood dishes. It's a great place to celebrate a special occasion, or just another perfect day of vacation

Current menu for Portofino's:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/conten...ofino_Menu.pdf

Enjoy a delicious Italian meal in an intimate and romantic setting. From classic Italian dishes to new creations, the menu has something for everyone

Also a bit of information about the thermal suites:

Thermal Suite*

The Thermal Suite is a communal relaxation center that has an ambiance similar to a Turkish Bath. Different grottos and chambers release a variety of dry heat, steam and mists into the air with aromatherapy-filled vapors. Relax on a heated ceramic lounge and allow the pressures of life to rinse away.

(Above is from RCCL website)

MilliesMom... Sorry to say but they don't have a Thermal Suite on the Mariner. It does have a large jacuzzi and a his and hers steam-room and sauna.

Thanks for the information. I thought it had one too. I'm disappointed, but it definitely won't ruin the cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived