All Things Mariner Of The Seas

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone use the running track? I've just started training for a race and the last time we cruised I wasn't running. Any feedback would be appreciated. I hate to do treadmill work, but I will if the track is onerous I will rather than give up the endorphins. :D

GKid8:

Yes, the Mariner of the Seas has a two-lane track. It is a non-slip surface that is a little padded. As I recall, to do a mile requires 5 laps. The track gets crowded during the very popular Walk-A-Mile sessions. Although some people ran during that time, I don't think that it was safe for either walkers or runners.

Unless you get some extended bad weather, there should be no need to use one of the treadmills in the gym. The gym is very well equipped, there always seemed to be equipment available.

Roger

We have never had a room at the very back of the ship this time I got lucky (I hope) and got room 9692. Will there be much movement?

We usually stay towards the back of the ship balcony room and never have been bothered by the slight motion, but does it make a difference being right at the back?

We have never had a room at the very back of the ship this time I got lucky (I hope) and got room 9692. Will there be much movement?

We usually stay towards the back of the ship balcony room and never have been bothered by the slight motion, but does it make a difference being right at the back?

Not that I have noticed. I've had rear facing cabins three times out of twelve cruises and while there is more movement, I don't think it is noticeable.

LOVE the AFT of the ship --- I haven't noticed any more or less motion in the back compared to the middle -- never been up front!

Although I like the motion of the ocean......;) :D

Okay thank you all....I don't mind a little motion when I am trying to sleep, rock a bye baby to me!!!!

Are the decks a bit bigger with aft rooms?

I assume you mean the balconies, and yes, they are a little deeper.

Oh goodie goodie!!!!:D

now here is another question, do they give you four chairs and a table? I read that you get two chairs and a lounger. If another couple join us they will be getting an inside cabin, so would be nice if we want to sit on our balcony.

I am guessing just metion to our room steward and he will take care of that?

Thanks for you help.

Oh goodie goodie!!!!:D

now here is another question, do they give you four chairs and a table? I read that you get two chairs and a lounger. If another couple join us they will be getting an inside cabin, so would be nice if we want to sit on our balcony.

I am guessing just metion to our room steward and he will take care of that?

Thanks for you help.

When we've had an AFT cabin sometimes we had 2 chairs and 2 loungers, sometimes 2 chairs and 1 lounger. Not sure if your cabin steward can take care of that or not....

GKid8:

Yes, the Mariner of the Seas has a two-lane track. It is a non-slip surface that is a little padded. As I recall, to do a mile requires 5 laps. The track gets crowded during the very popular Walk-A-Mile sessions. Although some people ran during that time, I don't think that it was safe for either walkers or runners.

Unless you get some extended bad weather, there should be no need to use one of the treadmills in the gym. The gym is very well equipped, there always seemed to be equipment available.

Roger

Thanks Roger! I'll avoid the Walk-A-Mile ;) . I'm kind of looking forward to running on that track almost as much as any other part of the cruise.

Here are some photos of 9692:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1107871218036355651kPIOcA

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1077581072036355651LkeNHA

http://travel.webshots.com/album/48328219CtbGLi?start=72

4 photos of the balcony

Enjoy your aft cabin. I haven't had one yet, but some day very soon.

Hey Roger...

No, I haven't tried the rock wall!~~ I wanted to last cruise but our timing was off. The weather, too crowded etc. But this trip we're planning on spending a lot more time on the ship than in the ports so if the wall is "open" then I'll be scrambling up! DH will have his feet firmly planted on the deck though. :rolleyes:

GKid8 wrote: No, I haven't tried the rock wall!~

Then you have a great opportunity to have fun ahead of you! My suggestion to you, your husband, and everyone else is to go to the climbing wall the first day and take a look at it. Find out when it will be opened up and then get there early. I'd like to point out a few things:

There are many climbs on the wall ranging from easy to difficult. The easy climbs are as easy as climbing a ladder. If you can climb a ladder you can do the easy routes.

Climbing is not necessarily about arm strength, I think that leg strength is more important. When you get better finger strength is the most important.

It's not that scary, when you are climbing you are looking straight ahead and up, you will not have a sensation that you are up high any more than when you climb a flight of stairs at home.

It's not dangerous, you are protected by a rope the whole time. I'd say that compared to taking a shower, walking around the pool, and eating at Johnny Rocket's, it's very, very safe. Except for minor cuts and scrapes, once you get on the wall I don't see how you could hurt yourself.

Renato (pronounced Hen'-at-o), from Brasil, will get you set up, explain things to you, and watch out for you. I've seen him with kids, beginners, and experts and he's great with all of them.

So, get out there the first day, do the easy climb, then if it was too easy, do the next hardest. Keep doing harder climbs until you find one that you can almost do. Then, every day keep trying until you can climb it and move on to the next hardest.

I was surprised how far I progressed during my cruise and the climbing wall is one of the biggest reasons that I will choose Royal Caribbean for my next cruise.

Have fun!

Roger

Then you have a great opportunity to have fun ahead of you! My suggestion to you, your husband, and everyone else is to go to the climbing wall the first day and take a look at it. Find out when it will be opened up and then get there early. I'd like to point out a few things:

There are many climbs on the wall ranging from easy to difficult. The easy climbs are as easy as climbing a ladder. If you can climb a ladder you can do the easy routes.

I have never tried the rock wall... but after that explanation I just might! :eek:

Archived