All Things Mariner Of The Seas

We will be on the Mariner in May '09...I understand that the Radiance of the Seas

which is one of our favorites will be doing the Mexican sailings starting in Nov. '09

doing 11 and 12 day cruises. they have started the bookings for this.. Now we will have

2 great ships out west....it's about time. :-)

Can't wait until the reviews come in, about the Capitan, CD, menues.

Ann

I understand that the Radiance of the Seas

which is one of our favorites will be doing the Mexican sailings starting in Nov. '09

doing 11 and 12 day cruises. they have started the bookings for this..

Ann

I just looked this up and the itinerary is fabulous. It has the best of 2 Mexican cruises combined! :D :D :D

• 3 weeks later...
From what I have read the pools on the Mariner are all salt water. Are they heated?

The adult pool was not heated although the spas were...too much.:eek: They were too hot to even get into. I could not even dangle my feet in, like a few were.

I do not think it was all time just the times I went. I saw lots of people in them at other times.

We are booked for the MOS over our spring break in late March. For those of you who have sailed it before I have a few questions...

Is there in-line/roller skate rental if so, how much is it?

Is there ice skating rental, again how much is it? What are the best times to go with your kids to the rink?

Does the movie theater cost anything or is it included and if so, what do they play?

From what I have heard our 3 kids are going to have a blast on the ship. Is there anything else we should know before going?

We are booked for the MOS over our spring break in late March. For those of you who have sailed it before I have a few questions...

Is there ice skating rental, again how much is it? What are the best times to go with your kids to the rink?

Does the movie theater cost anything or is it included and if so, what do they play?

From what I have heard our 3 kids are going to have a blast on the ship. Is there anything else we should know before going?

All of the activities you ask about are included in your cruise fare. Make sure the kids have socks and long pants for ice skating as they are required. I know socks are required for inline skating but don't remember about long pants. There are two movies shown a day and will be listed in the cruise compass. They weren't first run but they weren't really old either the two times we have sailed the Mariner.

I am not sure if you have seen this link yet but it is a collection of kids cruise compasses that crusinmama06 has collected, might be fun to show your kids.

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/

edited to add: make sure your kids go to the meet and mingle for their age groups the first night

Ice skate rental is free. The time for open skate will be listed in the Daily Compass.

What movie theater? Whatever you are referring to, it is free. If you are referring to the main show lounge, there are live shows, no movies, and the shows are free. You can watch movies on the TV inside your cabin.

We will be on the 03/01/09 sailing of the Mariner. Does anyone know what nights formal nights are? Does anyone have a recent Mariner spa menu?

I don't have the info you requested but I was hoping that you or someone from that roll call will keep the daily compass' and download them for us to see???? :D:D

I don't have the info you requested but I was hoping that you or someone from that roll call will keep the daily compass' and download them for us to see???? :D:D
I'm sure someone from the Feb 22 cruise will. There is a big CC group on that cruise.

Why don't you pop into their roll call and make the request.

What movie theater? Whatever you are referring to, it is free. If you are referring to the main show lounge, there are live shows, no movies, and the shows are free. You can watch movies on the TV inside your cabin.

the theatre is called the screening room,i believe. it is indeed a small movie theater . :)

dave

Hey everyone....wow that took a while to read...thanks for all the great information.

My DH and I are sailing on the Mariner on March 22nd out of LA. We sailed on the MOS for our honeymoon in 2006. Sounds like she's just as great now as then. So was 2007 the last time in Dry Dock? I am sure we'll see some upgrades since our time on her in 2006. Also, I'd be beside myself if Captain Johnny is in fact our captain!! He is awesome "good morning, good morning, good morning...."

Does anyone know the menu for the dining rooms? We are eating at Chops on the 2nd night of our cruise (the monday) because it's my birthday and it's beyond awesome. I don't want to miss the lobster night though - according to the previous post - it would fall on the Thursday or day 5? Is that true does anyone know?

Thanks

Tracey

I just found this topic. My wife, kids, and I cruised on MOS at the end of Sept. 08 beginning of October. We really enjoyed it. We had the Royal Family Suite and it was...well, SWEET! I also enjoyed hearing Captain Johnny's daily annoucements and went to the get together with him and the other officers (I got a good picture of him with his red and green socks). Also, we had a GREAT room steward. His name was Ernie. Our kids loved him. What a guy. We also got to know a few of the other stewards on deck 9 port side (Owdey and Susan). Again, they always had a smile and a hug for our kids (3 and 1 at the time). We had cruised on the Voyager back in 2003 so I was very comfortable with the layout of the ship. I so enjoyed the Mariner it that for weeks after I would pull up the Port Canaveral web cam on Sundays just to see the ship in port. Man I wish I could have done the around the horn cruise. Well, maybe another time.

Smooth sailing Mariner!

Does anyone know the menu for the dining rooms? We are eating at Chops on the 2nd night of our cruise (the monday) because it's my birthday and it's beyond awesome. I don't want to miss the lobster night though - according to the previous post - it would fall on the Thursday or day 5? Is that true does anyone know?

Thanks

Tracey

hi tracey, i dont think anyone will this answer until mariner starts her mex riv cruises at the end of february. we can guess and i think that is all ;)

dave

Currently how much is Chops and Portofinios on the Mariner? They do have them both correct? And which is better and why. Thanks.

If you like Italian, but not steaks, Portofino is better. If you like steaks, but not Italian, then Chops is better.

Q: How much does Chops Grille, Portofino, Mystery Dinner Theater and the Portofino Wine Dinner Series cost? s.gif A: Chops Grille has a cover charge of $25 USD per person which includes a complete four-course meal. Specialty beverages, beer, wine and soft drinks are offered at current menu prices.

Portofino has a cover charge of $20 USD per person which includes a complete four-course meal. Specialty beverages, beer, wine and soft drinks are offered at current menu prices.

The Portofino Wine Dinner Series is a cost of $54.50 USD per person, inclusive of dinner, gratuity, wine and water with dinner and specialty coffees. Specialty beverages, beer, wine and soft drinks are offered at current menu prices.

Mystery Dinner Theater is a cost of $49.50 USD per person, inclusive of dinner, gratuity, champagne & hors d'oeuvre reception upon arrival, wine and water with dinner and specialty coffees. Specialty beverages, beer, wine and soft drinks are offered at current menu prices.

I'm sure someone from the Feb 22 cruise will. There is a big CC group on that cruise.

Why don't you pop into their roll call and make the request.

Yep we will be keeping the Compass from the 2/22 cruise...and come on over to chat or just "listen"...we are a fun group with some great people in our roll call.

Cruisin2...you gonna try and meet us for dinner at the Acapulco on Saturday 2/21? A lot of us will be gathering there about 3:30p out on the patio...so keeping our fingers crossed for good weather. :)

Char

Yep we will be keeping the Compass from the 2/22 cruise...and come on over to chat or just "listen"...we are a fun group with some great people in our roll call.

Cruisin2...you gonna try and meet us for dinner at the Acapulco on Saturday 2/21? A lot of us will be gathering there about 3:30p out on the patio...so keeping our fingers crossed for good weather. :)

Char

I plan on being there. And don't worry, if it rains, Acapulco also has some seat on the inside (this is inside information, so do let it out).

I plan on being there. And don't worry, if it rains, Acapulco also has some seat on the inside (this is inside information, so do let it out).

...gotcha will keep it between us. ;) And glad you are going to join us so see you next month. :D Stop in on the roll call...I will be posting more information about the Acapulco.

Char

Archived