Is it too cold to kayak?

Kathy0418

If this is something you wish to do, I suggest you consider it. But include warm layers in your packing, knit hat and gloves. There is no guarantee on weather and the kayak trips do go out in all weather. I've traveled your timeframe several times and over all nice moderate weather.

A lot would depend on your tolerance of cold. I live in the warm Florida Region. Seawater that is colder than 90 degrees is spooky to me. But if your from Northern Climates such as Michigan the kayaking may be wonderful. Just be sure to layer those clothes!

CaribbeanBlue

http://www.*****.org

I am from Texas and originally from Miami! The only place we've kayaked is Jamaica. Maybe we will wait and see when we get there if it seems like a crazy idea or not. If the trips fill up I guess it wasn't meant to be.

My husband and son went kayaking in June in Ketchican with a cruise and loved it soooo much that they went back in October kayak fishing , not with a cruise and wore shorts. ( although they both are a little crazy;) )

enjoy

Sandy

I have kayaked a fair bit and wearing shorts had the potential of being very dangerous. You always dress for the water temperature, not the air temperature. If you do get in the water in shorts, you can get hypothermia very rapidly and die.

DON

Archived