Hmmm...anyone seeing those funky timing of the posts again?

Lois R

Is it just me? Or are the timing of the postings funky? It shows Rev posted on the "Do you meet CCrs thread at 4:39...but there is no posting at that time:confused:

I noticed it on a couple of other threads this morning too:eek:

Is it just me? Or are the timing of the postings funky? It shows Rev posted on the "Do you meet CCrs thread at 4:39...but there is no posting at that time:confused:

I noticed it on a couple of other threads this morning too:eek:

I've noticed it also, but not on all threads - just some of them...

All times on posts are shown based on the Member's time preference set in the Control Panel.

For example, I'm posting this at 2:37 pm PDT but you will see a time stamp based on your time zone preference.

Walt...no, that is not what has been happening....I understand the time zone differences...

this is actually where it says someone replied to a post....but that post is not listed.

Thank you....I knew I wasn't going crazy:eek: ....I have noticed it on at least 3 or 4 different threads........

And its not anything to do with the time zones.......the reply is just not there....even though there is a time posted for it!

You are not crazy. The clock has been out-of-whack ever since the new Board format was implemented. Today, when I logged on, the Board said I last visited yesterday at 5:50. In fact, I didn't visit the Board yesterday at all, but spent most of this afternoon on it. The post I made about 1:00 p.m. today is listed at 3:57 p.m. yesterday. Go figure?!?!

It may be that you're being confused by the Poll threads. Even if no one has posted a new post to such a thread, if someone has voted on the poll the thread identifies that poll vote as if it were a post ... but it doesn't say who voted ... it just leaves the name of the last person who posted there.

For instance: on the "How Old Are You" Poll thread, it lists localady as the last person who bosted (correct) but the time given is NOT the time of her post (sometime on August 7) but, rather, the time of the last VOTE on the poll (9:49 am Central Time).

nobody is crazy...well..most of us aren't;) .....but dakrewser is correct...I have seen the exact same thing.

There was a post..actually Rev, it was saying you had posted at 4:39pm...but when I looked at the thread...you had NOT posted! :eek:

There was a post..actually Rev, it was saying you had posted at 4:39pm...but when I looked at the thread...you had NOT posted!

Which thread?

If it was a poll thread, and I had posted the last post on it, it would continue to show my name no matter WHO had voted on it since I posted. It would show the TIME of the latest vote, but continue to show my name as being the last person to POST on the thread.

There are some threads in which the time of last post is constantly being reset even though there's no new post in the thread.

Every time I have seen this happen it has been a Poll thread. People are voting on the poll, but no one has posted anything new to the thread. The time keeps changing EVERY TIME someone votes on the poll, but the name of last person to post doesn't change. It makes it look like so-and-so posted to the thread at a certain time when, in fact, they haven't -- someone had voted at that time.

When it happened to me, I wasn't on a poll question, mainly because I had answered the poll question long before and didn't go back to it.

You mean that it happened on a thread OTHER THAN a poll thread? If it's a thread that begins with a poll, that whole thread will be updated with a new time-date stamp EVERY THIME someone votes on it, no matter what its posting history.

I have only noticed a discontinuity between the identity of the last poster and the time-date stamp on poll threads. Wanna give an example of a thread where the time-date stamp on the index page is different from the date/time of the last post? Thus far the examples that I've been pointed to have all been poll threads.

hi:) yes, one of the threads was a POLL THREAD..it was if you like to meet other CCrs on board...so, you are telling me....if someone votes and doesn't post.......the last person who did post a reply will come up at the time the new person voted?? Did that make sense?

Someone voted at 4:39pm....but did not post a reply......so that time came up on your screen name:eek:

Just came on line at !4:30 EST, which would make it 18:30 GMT..Also wondered why it indicates that I posted today, when my 2 last posts were yesterday on both your polls..The times are showing today at 11:25 & 11:27..Guess that would be GMT not EST..

Am I correct in understanding you to say; that pesons could be voting & not posting, so my times will keep changing as each person votes & does not post..

Understand your explanation & now realize why my friends think I'm on-line & don't want to talk to them on our IM, when in fact I have not been on-line all day....That could strain some friendships...LOL

Just came on line at !4:30 EST, which would make it 18:30 GMT..Also wondered why it indicates that I posted today, when my 2 last posts were yesterday on both your polls..The times are showing today at 11:25 & 11:27..Guess that would be GMT not EST..

Am I correct in understanding you to say; that pesons could be voting & not posting, so my times will keep changing as each person votes & does not post..

Understand your explanation & now realize why my friends think I'm on-line & don't want to talk to them on our IM, when in fact I have not been on-line all day....That could strain some friendships...LOL

Serendipity - What's an hour between friends. :D .....I believe you mean 14:30 (not !4:30) - 14:30 or 2.30 pm would make it 19:30 or 7:30 pm - there's a 5 hour difference between the US and GMT

so, you are telling me....if someone votes and doesn't post.......the last person who did post a reply will come up at the time the new person voted?? Did that make sense?

Someone voted at 4:39pm....but did not post a reply......so that time came up on your screen name

If someone votes but doesn't post a message the last person to post a message will continue to be the last person on the thread and their name will show on the HAL Board index page. But the time of the VOTE will be displayed as the last time a change was made to the board. :)

What it SHOULD do is it should show the name of the person who voted when someone votes but doesn't post, but that would be confusing too.

A lot of people vote but don't post. Have you ever noticed how many votes there are on a poll where one can only vote by clicking on ONE item? For example, see the "How Old Are You?" Poll. 457 people have voted on that poll (as of right now), but there have only been 184 posts. It's amazing ... there are FAR more votes than there are posts.

Rev, but, do you realize what is happening....its really not a great thing:confused: it looks like you have made a reply to a thread.......at a certain time...on a certain day......but you didn't....it definitely clouds things...instead of making it clear for us.

I am thinking you have posted one of your very funny and/or educational and/or wise replies......but nothing is there......

Archived