"Can I let my baby swim in the pool?" (The Ultimate 'Diaper' Thread)...

Hi all. The purpose of this thread is to once and for all lay to rest and answer, with the utmost information, all possible questions pertaining to babies, toddlers, children, diapers etc...in the pools. So lets get started...

Question: "Can I let my baby with a diaper and or who is not potty trained swim in the pool?"

Answer:

IMG_0830.jpg

This means......

IMG_0628.jpg

Question: "Well where the heck can my baby, who needs to splash around and get wet, get into some water?!?"

Answer:

IMG_0679.jpg

Question: "OH thats SO gross! What do they do with pool water AFTER it's done being used by the children?! Dump it on the deck?!"

Answer:

IMG_0821.jpg

------------------

Question: "Ok, say I'm a potty trained 5 year old boy and I've been swiming in the pool for a LONG time. I've been enjoying the salt water for the past 5 hours and now my bladder is really full and I've REALLY gotta go PEE, like really bad! But since I'm a good smart boy and listen to my father who said you "DO NOT pee in the pool even if it does already taste like salt water" I've gotta get out. But I don't know if I can make it to the nearest bathroom in time! What can I do?!?"

Answer:

IMG_0815.jpg

yes, he actually did even push the shower button to wash his business down after he was done, then washed off and jumped back into the pool.

(pics copyright of joetrizeo, 4.15.2007 mariner eastern caribbean cruise)

Thanks for the post. As they say, a picture speaks a thousand words. I got a chuckle out of that last photo. Even though he was wrong, at least the kid didn't pee in the pool or on the deck in some dark corner. I doubt that we will see the last of this question on these boards.

Hi ~ I don't believe children in diapers should be allowed in the pool however, it would be nice if the ship provided a small pool {like the one in the picture} to those youngsters. When we were on the Sovereign of the Seas last year, a toddler had a dirty diaper in the pool, which leaked out and they needed to close and clean out the pool for the day ~ unfortunately it was a sea day!

Hi ~ I don't believe children in diapers should be allowed in the pool however, it would be nice if the ship provided a small pool {like the one in the picture} to those youngsters. When we were on the Sovereign of the Seas last year, a toddler had a dirty diaper in the pool, which leaked out and they needed to close and clean out the pool for the day ~ unfortunately it was a sea day!

But surely the one in the picture was provided to those youngsters....:confused: Perhaps its only certain ships....

If a parent lets a baby in the pool with a dirty diaper...THEY should be made to clean the pool IMHO!:mad:

You can't count on this being the last diaper thread, it's been going on for years.

Same with the smoking, jeans , the teens out of control, chair hog, senior citizen, drinkers, now we have an elevator entitlement thread.

It will eventually leave the front page and be replaced with a new one.

If there weren't new threads, there would be about 5 pages to Cruise Critic. So, just enjoy what's here, if you don't care for a particular subject, you are not obligated to click on that thread.

BTW, it's not a cruise ship rule that babies in diapers are not allowed in public swimming pools, it is in violation of the health laws. The blow up pool is even more gross to me, because emptying the contents on the deck will allow many people to just walk through it. Ick.

I would like a camera with a time stamp or video that would run for 8 solid hours, so I can get proof that someone can sit in a hot tub for hours on end drinking beer after beer and never have to go pee... no wonder they call them hot tubs... :eek:

I would like a camera with a time stamp or video that would run for 8 solid hours, so I can get proof that someone can sit in a hot tub for hours on end drinking beer after beer and never have to go pee... no wonder they call them hot tubs... :eek:

ROFLMAO..yeah makes you wonder huh?

I'm not a germaphobe. I do stay out of public hot tubs though. Ever since I heard them referred to as a 10 person petrie dish, I can't bring myself to stew in whatever is lurking in there. What IS in that foam on top, anyway? :eek:

I'm not a germaphobe. I do stay out of public hot tubs though. Ever since I heard them referred to as a 10 person petrie dish, I can't bring myself to stew in whatever is lurking in there. What IS in that foam on top, anyway? :eek:

Having a hot tub myself, it's the chemicals. Depending on how much or little you have in the water, when the jets are on it causes that foam. My own hot tub grosses me out and I know how careful I am with keeping it clean - I won't EVER go into a public one.

Having a hot tub myself, it's the chemicals. Depending on how much or little you have in the water, when the jets are on it causes that foam. My own hot tub grosses me out and I know how careful I am with keeping it clean - I won't EVER go into a public one.

Have a bathtub jacuzzi myself and also try really hard to keep in clean. Sometimes the foam is there too even though we empty all the water each time and never use soap while the jets are running. I'm a "skin" person and always have an itch or flake here or there and wonder how much damage that jetted hot water is doing to my already over dry skin. Feels good though....and I'm sure I don't pee in mine! ;)

OH and you thought that smell were the chemicals they use to CLEAN IT???:eek:

LOL I love the photos.....

I always wondered what that foam was too!!

I remember hearing something about them too and I just cant bring myself to get in one. If I had one at home that would be okay, it would be my germs but with all those people and kids getting in them.. umm no.. too many cooties for me.. dont care how much stuff they put in it.. warm water, germs, sounds like a party for germs to me.. lots of baby germs being born by the end of that week since we know the gestation period for a hot tub germ is short.. well okay we dont know but we can pretend right?

Of course, if we all believe that no adult actually pees in the adult pools, we are only kidding ourselves.

Sometimes what you don't know really doesnt hurt you.

Of course adults know better,babies and toddlers don't .I'm sure the latter are a hundred times worse.We are only kidding ourselves to think otherwise.................Frank

What about the germs on most surfaces we touch every day? And ladies, the bottom of our purses are a breeding ground... Just think about the times we set them on the ground not knowing whats been there before. :eek: At lease the hot tubs are treated...

Archived