Parkwest Takes Over Rotterdam's Crow's Nest - Denies Passengers Access

His posts are very interesting IMO and he seems to have an authority about them that makes them ring true with accurate information.

I think we do ourselves a disservice to continue this speculation lest he read this and decide he will cease to share this information with us.

I don't always like what he posts, how he posts or some of his opinions but I never miss reading his posts. He has sometimes insulted, often educated and even entertains.

Lets drop the speculation and not 'force him underground' if he would be inclined to disappear.

He has made valuable contributions here IMO and I, for one, want him to continue to share his experience and information.

JMHO.......

Here we go again with another witch hunt!:rolleyes: The man has made numerous contributions to this site with obvious inside information that none of us that don't work (or have worked) on a cruise ship have access to! What do some of you think? That's he's pulling all that info out of a hat? Read his posts! There's been insiders here before that weren't believed by the "jury" and were chased off. Cut the crap already and be happy that you have someone here giving you valuable information and answering your questions about how a cruise ship runs from the inside!

Yep and I was wondering the same thing! Do I smell a rat ?

I don't smell anything. I appreciate the sometimes factual and often humorous perspective from the inside. We sometimes need something to make us laugh at ourselves.

So what cruise line/ ship carrying 2000 pax was sailing in Japan in the middle of April?
I don't know about this year, but next year the Rhapsody of the Seas and the Statendam will be in Japan during April. The Statendam is less than 2000 passengers, but the Rhapsody of the Seas is certainly 2000+.

I don't even get a hint of 'eau d' rat'. :rolleyes:

If you haven't already checked on that - do so!! It seems that Crystal had the same problem with a bridge group.

What made it interesting - Crystal looked at what was being written on the boards and issued a statement. At least, it seems like they are interested in rectifying the situation!!

KK....... I had never before gone to the Ask a Question Forum until you provided the links. I enjoyed some of those links.

MY POST HERE requested people stop speculating about the poster's identity. NOT what he/she was writing. Two very different things.

The posts were interesting; some were funny.

But why do we need to guess where the poster is from? Who (s)he works for? What ship they might be on?

If we continue, the posts you and I and others are enjoying could cease. Why would poster continue if (s)he is being harrassed in this way?

Sorry you didn't see that was my point with the post I made here in this thread.

:confused: And he lives in Beijing ???????:confused:

Don't understand what you are questioning.. :( Haven't you ever met anyone in the travel business who was from Beijing?

Phillip has been on CC for almost 5 years...He works for a major cruise line & has knowledge of the In's & outs of cruise lines..

He does not often post, but when he does his answers are clear,concise & understandable..As someone who has been in the travel business for many years, I believe that he has more knowledge of shipboard life than you or I do! I appreciate his in-sights in the business..

Just for the fun of it, I've attended Park Wests Auctions on several lines & have never purchased anything but did win a print..(that's another story) I'm still amazed at the number of large sales..Of course they ply their customers with Champagne.. Have seen business people purchase 10 paintings at one 3 hour session for re-sale..:rolleyes: Perhaps if you attend several of their auctions, you will change your mind about the $$$ they give to HAL & other lines...

Also suggest the nay-sayers read all of his posts before making such ambiguous statements.. If you are so knowledgable about the business & positive that his figures are wrong, then give us some facts.. If you disagree, then explain your figures & how do you come by them?

I agree with Sail & Copper..Why is it so important to know who he is & who he works for?

Betty

Don't understand what you are questioning.. :( Haven't you ever met anyone in the travel business who was from Beijing?

Phillip has been on CC for almost 5 years...He works for a major cruise line & has knowledge of the In's & outs of cruise lines..

He does not often post, but when he does his answers are clear,concise & understandable..As someone who has been in the travel business for many years, I believe that he has more knowledge of shipboard life than you or I do! I appreciate his in-sights in the business..

Just for the fun of it, I've attended Park Wests Auctions on several lines & have never purchased anything but did win a print..(that's another story) I'm still amazed at the number of large sales..Of course they ply their customers with Champagne.. Have seen business people purchase 10 paintings at one 3 hour session for re-sale..:rolleyes: Perhaps if you attend several of their auctions, you will change your mind about the $$$ they give to HAL & other lines...

Also suggest the nay-sayers read all of his posts before making such ambiguous statements.. If you are so knowledgable about the business & positive that his figures are wrong, then give us some facts.. If you disagree, then explain your figures & how do you come by them?

I agree with Sail & Copper..Why is it so important to know who he is & who he works for?

Betty

Oh yes! That print they say has a $75.00 value, but probably worth maybe $5.00. My Dh had accidently taken the paddle back to the room at the end pf the auction as he didn't want to wait in line with me and they refused to give me the bottle of Champaigne they had advertised (although they had my name on their sheet).

It's very unfair to accuse any posters on this thread of conducting witch hunt or harassing another poster. No one has done anything of the kind. I think most of us know exactly who Phillip is and have refrained from saying so. But for those who don't it's pretty normal to ask if he works for HAL since he is on a HAL CC board.

:eek: No Rat, but a valid assumption since you are not privy to inside information like some.

Witch hunt ? Nah...I don't believe anyone is doing a Mc Carthy. :rolleyes:

]It's very unfair to accuse any posters on this thread of conducting witch hunt or harassing another poster. No one has done anything of the kind. I think most of us know exactly who Phillip is and have refrained from saying so. But for those who don't it's pretty normal to ask if he works for HAL since he is on a HAL CC board.[/b]

Obviously you don't consider the following remark made by the poster to Phillip's statement as harassing!..

Quote Fact or Farce

"Sorry Charley' date=' your numbers are not even close to reality !!!!!!" Unquote [/b']

Then another post which questions the fact that he is from Beijing..

If these posts are not harassing, then pray tell me what is?

Betty

Obviously you don't consider the following remark made by the poster to Phillip's statement as harassing!..

Quote Fact or Farce

"Sorry Charley, your numbers are not even close to reality !!!!!!" Unquote

Betty

Not harassing (which would require repeated remarks from one poster) but certainly rude and insulting.

Not harassing (which would require repeated remarks from one poster) but certainly rude and insulting.

Thanks Dave, Agree it was rude & insulting & not harassing...

Jade..The Schaeffer-Miles Litho print, which supposedly is worth $75.00, is very nice although we normally wouldn't give PW $25.00 for it... PW tried to get us to pay $30.00-$35.00 for their certificate of authenticity & then pay $$$ to have them frame it..;) We were promised a champagne party if we attended their framing gallery..Did not fall for that but shipping & handling cost us $35.00...And it was more than $200.00 to have it framed locally..:o It's hanging in our Living Room & we enjoy it, but can find the same prints on e-bay for $35.00..

By the way the PW top Auctioneer's make a six figure salary.. Check out the Park West Gallery WEB site to see their recruiting blurbs.. They are considered the highest paid workers plying the 7 seas..Wish I was 20 years younger! What fun it would be to be on a 9 month cruise & still earn top $$$$...

I also have no doubt that the Cruise Lines make lots of $$$$ in commission from PW on every cruise! They say there is a sucker born every day & PW has lots of them attending & buying on board...;) It was fun to win something..The champagne was very good & we had a fun afternoon, even though we paid a hefty price for our winning print..:o .

It would be interesting to know if anyone wrote a letter to HAL after that fiasco on the Rotterdam, & if they have had a response..

Frank Del Rio is a class act. He stands up for what he knows to be right. His cruise line produces some of the best itineraries and his ships are small enough to be considered intimate. Choosing Oceania, if you are lucky enough to reserve space is a win-win for you.

Quote Fact or Farce

"Sorry Charley, your numbers are not even close to reality !!!!!!" Unquote

Betty

Agree it was rude & insulting & not harassing...

Glad you agree now. All I ever said was that OP was not being "harassed" by these couple of posts. ;)

Archived