Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

Thank goodness for the search feature.................

Someone had asked the question about room 8125, which we have booked for a Feb. 09 cruise.............Thanks for the reply............

We booked this particular room , because it is slightly offset from the rooms behind us. Since I smoke cigars, I didn't want smoke blowing directly on the rooms downwind..............

That's considerate of you. Honestly though I don't think it makes much difference except when you are docked. Occasionally we would smell smoke while out on the balcony but it did not seem to be coming from either of the adjoining balconies. I think the air swirls around enough that it carries the smoke up and down the side of the ship, could have been coming from above or below us.

Have a great cruise and enjoy your balcony.

I have a few Legends question. Does the Legends Café have any free food like donuts, sandwiches, cookies, etc.? Also is there a Circle C Club for the kids? My son is 13 now and will be 14 on the cruise and loves just hanging out with new friends and playing video games. Thats it for now, I know I will have more before the cruise. THANKS for any info:)

I can't say anything about the Circle C Club.

As far as the Legend's Cafe... I don't ever recall seeing anything free for the taking. It is basically just a coffee bar off the side of the walkway. They do have delicious baked goods but you do have to pay for them.

Thank goodness for the search feature.................

Someone had asked the question about room 8125, which we have booked for a Feb. 09 cruise.............Thanks for the reply............

We booked this particular room , because it is slightly offset from the rooms behind us. Since I smoke cigars, I didn't want smoke blowing directly on the rooms downwind..............

This is our room we have booked for the 28th!!! Only 2 weeks left, I can't wait. We got this room by chance as we did a BL GTA cabin. I'll let you know how it was when we get back. Good thing we are going first, cigars are smelly. :D

This is our room we have booked for the 28th!!! Only 2 weeks left, I can't wait. We got this room by chance as we did a BL GTA cabin. I'll let you know how it was when we get back. Good thing we are going first, cigars are smelly. :D

Great..............I'll be looking for your report on the room...........

Thanks...............Have fun...............!!!!!!!!!!

This is our first cruise and we are leaving 4 boys at home with Grandma while we are gone, first time ever. Want to know the best way to stay in touch with them. Internet, cell phone, prices for each?? We have an itouch we can use but don't know how much it costs to connect to the internet? Or how much Carnival charges to use your cell phone onboard the ship? :confused:

DH and I went on a cruise in July for our 20th anniversary and left the kids at home. We had our cell phones with us to keep up with the kids. We have verizon and just called and told them we were going to be out of the country, they set us up for international calling at no charge. The also told us what the rate was for all the countries we would be in. To use it when the ship was at sea was 2.49/min. some countries it was 1.99/min. Texting was 5 cents to receive and 50 cents to send. I really didn't care about the price as long as I could keep in touch. We even had a problem that we had to handle and spent about 30 minutes on the phone one night. Our cell phone bill was about $80 extra, but well worth it for peace of mind. Just call your cell phone carrier and they can tell you the rates.

Enjoy the time as a couple, you don't get that often enough when your a mom and dad!!!

Irishlinny.... I see yall have sailed on the Big Red Boat:) This was our first cruise and have been hooked ever since. It has nothing that the ships have now days, but if she was still around I would sail on her again.

Yup! That was our first cruise, too....coupled with the Disney trip! My oldest was almost 5 at the time and loved it. Yes, it is a far cry from the ships now...wow! When I think of the odd little cabin we had with the porthole, I smile. But you know what is sad? We pulled into Freeport (yuck) on the Celebration a few years ago and there was the Big Red Boat....permanently docked there by the mines, all rusted and sad looking. Apparently they use it as housing for the workers there. Made me sad to see my first cruise ship like that:(

I can't say anything about the Circle C Club.

As far as the Legend's Cafe... I don't ever recall seeing anything free for the taking. It is basically just a coffee bar off the side of the walkway. They do have delicious baked goods but you do have to pay for them.

Well leave it to my cruise buddy to have seen the Cafe! I think John combed the ship more extensively than I did!;)

We've got an aft ext Balcony...11/2/08

...and bringing a BLENDER!!!:eek:

Awwww, just about a year after we sailed her! Have a great time!!!:D

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know what type of soft drinks are offered on the Legend? My hubby is a Diet Mt. Dew junky and didn't know if this is served on board or if we need to bring a 12 pack with us?

I'm not a soda drinker, but if I'm not mistaken, Carnival serves the Coke line of drinks, and I believe Mt Dew is Pepsi? I never noticed it on board, either. So be on the safe side and bring some with you!;)

I'm not a soda drinker, but if I'm not mistaken, Carnival serves the Coke line of drinks, and I believe Mt Dew is Pepsi? I never noticed it on board, either. So be on the safe side and bring some with you!;)

You are correct. Carnival serves only Coke. My DH is a die-hard Pepsi drinker and we've had tour guides on a many of islands on a hunt for that for him. Too funny.

Does anyone know what type of soft drinks are offered on the Legend? My hubby is a Diet Mt. Dew junky and didn't know if this is served on board or if we need to bring a 12 pack with us?

DH & I are both Diet Mt. Dew drinkers, also. None on board, I'm afraid. You will need to take some with you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We are looking forward to our February 15 cruise on the Legend and have opted for the open seating dining option.

It is my understanding that you can request a certain waiter for service. I understand that there may be a wait to accomodate this request. However, as you know, a good waitstaff can make or break the dining experience.

So my question is: Can any recent Legend cruisers recommend a good waiter to request ?

Thanks,

Dr. Jack

We are looking forward to our February 15 cruise on the Legend and have opted for the open seating dining option.

It is my understanding that you can request a certain waiter for service. I understand that there may be a wait to accomodate this request. However, as you know, a good waitstaff can make or break the dining experience.

So my question is: Can any recent Legend cruisers recommend a good waiter to request ?

Thanks,

Dr. Jack

We were just on the Legend for Thanksgiving & also had open seating. We requested Gerard & Lazlo everytime, because we had such great service & fun with them.

Thanks,

Dr. Jack

Have to second a recommendation for Gerard (or Gerry as we came to call him). He was working with Haydee when we were on the Legend in late September, but she may have left the ship since then. He is one of the best waiters we have had anytime or anywhere - we had open seating also, but met him on the 3rd evening and sat with him every night after.

Got my BLC GTY assignment (210 days out!!!) of 4218 which is a 8A cabin. No magical upgrade fairy for us. lol. Thats ok, im just glad to be on the ship

Its portside and far back on the Main deck. Anyone been here or around here? Was it ok? Any noise from the restaurant below?

Thanks for any advice! :)