Ben and Jerry's

On the Rhapsody 4/22 a waffle cone with butter pecan ice cream was 4.79

I think that's what we pay at the Ben & Jerry's in NYC. The one flavor I really miss is Maine Blueberry. And it seems it can only be gotten in Maine. Had it once when I worked at summer camp and never had it again.

You can buy Ben & Jerry's in most supermarkets. I'm not sure why this is such a "coveted" ice cream!

cb: They have ice cream shops, too. Prices on board are consistent with their shops on land.

I think that's what we pay at the Ben & Jerry's in NYC. The one flavor I really miss is Maine Blueberry. And it seems it can only be gotten in Maine. Had it once when I worked at summer camp and never had it again.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............I had that in Bar Harbor two years ago, when we cruised on the Enchantment to New England and Canada. I think that they said you could only get it THERE. :)

you can buy it in the store, but it is just the "ice cream shop" experience. They have about 8 flavors or so and then the packaged bars. I think it is about 4-5 bucks for ice cream. I think the bars are a little cheaper.

One of these days there will be a cruise line (NCL is getting closest), where you are basically booking passage on a floating hotel where EVERYTHING is a la carte.

Imagine going to eat and having a menu like a restaurant, having to buy tickets for the shows (they'd surely be better), having to buy tickets to the movies, etc. Getting us used to paying for Chops, Portofino, Johnny Rocket's, Seattle's Best, Ben & Jerry's, etc. is just setting the stage.

It's really a shame how public companies are run these days. The past twenty years have been brutal on the consumer. Practices that are common place today would have been sacrilige (sp?) twenty years ago. It's a shame really. That seems to be why there are so many companies that are trying to go private, so they can look for what's going to be good for the Company long term, rather than next quarter's profits.

If that is the future of cruising, I'll do what my parents did...buy an RV and go see the country! We already have a timeshare (points based with a big company), so we already have lodging taken care of. The thing I really love about cruising though is that I don't need to drive anywhere after I board the ship, and I don't have to really do much thinking about what to do and where to go.

Archived