solo in specialty restaurants

cincicruisers

Has anyone gone solo to the specialty restaurants? I really like chops on the Radiance, but I am hesitant to go it alone and have people stare at me. Maybe if I book an early dinner there will not be that many other diners? Any thoughts or has anyone done this?

My experience in the Steakhouse on Princess as a solo was really very nice. The waiters were extra attentive, even the bartender stopped by my table for a chat. There was a four top next to me and they were very friendly as well. So I say go for it.

Solo in Sabatini's on the Crown Princess was a delightful experience. The wait staff and the maitre'd were most attentive, and other diners were just too involved (or polite) to stare. I didn't feel out of place, and had a wonderful and enjoyable dinner. Looking forward to doing it again, and hope that you'll try it as well,

Hi,:) I am sailing on CENTURY solo in December.

It is a short cruise (only 4 nights:eek: ) and I am still deciding

if I want to try the new Specialty Restaurant on my own too.

I always sail solo but whenever I have eaten at the

Specialty Restaurant on my cruises it has been

with folks I had become friendly with from the Roll Call I was

chatting on.....right now the roll call is small.

Anyway, I have time to decide. Glad you brought the topic

up though:). I think I would be fine eating there on my own...

as others have said, usually the wait staff is very friendly!

For me it is more the length of this cruise rather than anything

else I am thinking about.....well, I have 7 months to decide....

such a long time to wait:(

Never be too shy in the restaurant.This is your cruise. do what you want to do. besides You will never see these people after the cruise. I go often alone cruising and I have dine alone and I had a geat time.

I plan on eating at Chops when I am on the Radiance next month. As somebody said before, this is my vacation and I am not letting being solo stop me from doing what I want to do. I say go and who cares what other people think, besides I think most people don't care if I am dining solo.

Judy

ps- when I dine solo on land vacations, I usually bring a book or magazine to pass the time between couses.

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone gone solo to the specialty restaurants? I really like chops on the Radiance, but I am hesitant to go it alone and have people stare at me. Maybe if I book an early dinner there will not be that many other diners? Any thoughts or has anyone done this?

First of all, why would you think anyone would stare at you as a solo, anymore than they would if you had company? I went as a solo to the Todd English restaurant on board the QM2 on a recent crossing. I had a nice meal and service, and I don't recall anyone staring. If anybody does stare, it says everything about their boorishness, and nothing about you. Go to the specialty restaurants solo and have a great time!

Lisa, Hi:) I see in your signature you have INFINITY

booked for Dec 3rd, 2008!

I recently put a deposit down for that cruise as well:D

From looking at your cruises, will this be your

1st one on Celebrity?

Lois, yes this is my first Celebrity cruise. Have been very loyal to Royal but they keep doing the same itineraries. I started looking at differenet cruise lines, have booked and am checking prices on other ships. Celebrity seems to be a bit pricey especially since I go solo but found this and it wasn't bad. Will be able to transfer my Diamond status to Celebrity but this doesn't count towards my Diamond Plus on RCI.

Hi Lisa, if you have any questions I will be glad to help:)

I am in the opposite situation from you. I always sail Celebrity.

By the time this cruise happens it will be #14 for me.

I keep thinking I ought to try one of the Royal Ships but

haven't made the jump yet.

I always sail solo~I love it:D

I see you have 6 cruises booked in the next 6 months? NICE! And you already

did 2? WOW girl....want to adopt me?:)

I can usually do 2 to 3 a year....but I am happy I am able to do that!

On the Crystal boards there is a thread noting that each of the two specialty restaurants on the Crystal ships will have an 8-person singles/solos table set aside each night. I have eaten in specialty restaurants alone and was only slightly uncomfortable--I used the time to write in my pocket-size travel journal, so I am not sure I will take advantage of this set-up when I sail on the Crystal Symphony later this year (I have not sailed on this line yet). Crystal is apparently very supportive of solos; it has a very low single supplement and this move shows the company tries to meet the needs of single cruisers.

On the Crystal boards there is a thread noting that each of the two specialty restaurants on the Crystal ships will have an 8-person singles/solos table set aside each night. I have eaten in specialty restaurants alone and was only slightly uncomfortable--I used the time to write in my pocket-size travel journal, so I am not sure I will take advantage of this set-up when I sail on the Crystal Symphony later this year (I have not sailed on this line yet). Crystal is apparently very supportive of solos; it has a very low single supplement and this move shows the company tries to meet the needs of single cruisers.

Hi:) Crystal is known for their low supplements~but usually

the price of the actual cruise is much higher (well it is much

more than I can ever afford) so cruising with them would

be nice but they are not in my future.

Enjoy your cruise:)

Hi Lisa:) I am happy with X;) I am one of those folks

who doesn't care about all the activities. Give me a good book,

an enjoyable adult libation..along with a nice bartender

and I am happy:D

But who knows, maybe one day I will cross over.

Hi Lisa, thanks:) and hopefully you will enjoy Celebrity too:D

You know there are no rockclimbing walls and such on

the X ships right?

Archived