recomended sites for Danube River Cruise

floridatoucan

flordiatoucan,

Check my review (MS Mozart) linked in my signature. I have a lot of helpful links in there (although DH forgot to "link" them so you can´t click on them but have to copy/paste the links).

I´m also trying to find another thread I´ve posted with information about a couple of towns along the Danube river.

steamboats

A must see for me may not be so for another person. Go to your library or bookstore and read the Insight Guides Great River Cruises. It will detail all ports of call on all the European rivers. Also, the cruise line will send you information on all the ports and tours. And of course, read all the guidebooks available on these places, then they can make decisions on what they want to do and see.

I think you will enjoy the trip if very minute is not planned by a guide book. Take a walk into town without the group in the afternnon or evening. Stop and drink a beer or have a glass of wine some place that apeals to you and not the guidebook. Seat on a bench and do some people watching.

We really enjoyed the castle ruins in Durnstein. Great views, although it's a hike to get to them. We found it well worth it.

There's so much to see in Vienna. There probably won't be enough time to see everything you'd want to there. Same for Budapest.

Archived