Military Discounts Available Yet for May, 2008?

joepeka

I am curious to know if anyone that has booked a cruise for May of 2008 has received the military discount. When we booked our 5/18/2008 Legend cruise in March of this year, CCL told our TA that discounts had not yet been applied to cruises that far out. Our TA has been checking back with Carnival every week since and is still being told that the discounts have not been posted for our cruise. I trust our TA but I wanted to know if anyone has booked a CCL cruise for May, 2008 and gotten the military discount at this point.

Thanks in advance!

We are booked via a military discount for the April 2008 transatlantic crossing of the Carnival Freedom. We got an extended aft balcony for the 15 day cruise and it cost us only $938 a piece. Great cabin price at pennies over $62 per day for an aft extended balcony.

Heck we can eat more than that in a day so does that make the cabin than "free"?:D

I did a quick check for someone else who asked about military pricing for a July 2008 cruise (don't remember what ship) and the site was only showing discounts through April 2008 - again, for that ship. I suspect May should start popping up soon. Keep checking. The military discounts go fast - but not that fast - you will have plenty of time.

I know this isn't what you asked but our April Mexician Riviera cruise that we have had booked for a month at least , we got a military rate, and also all other dates inApril , 2008 are available at the military rate- however, we really prefer to take this cruise in May (but not for $500 more) but I have been calling every other day or so and no go. I am almost starting to think that maybe they are blacked out for the month of May 2008- Has anyone gone on a cruise this month and received a military discount?? Thanks

Thanks Steamboatin, if I get a few more posts like yours, I'm gonna start getting really annoyed with someone.... not sure if it's my TA or her CCL contact. :mad:

A Carnival PVP quoted me my rate and informed me of the aft cabin availability. I than immediately booked the cabin the Carnival PVP had mentioned minutes later with my local TA that I have been using for the past 16 cruises since 2001. I also have used the same Carnival PVP for information purposes previously as well. I receive emails on military discounted cruises from the Carnival PVP often.

I booked the cruise via my local TA on or about April 12, 2007. So since Carnival PVP's were booking April 2008 cruises in April 2007 it would seem reasonable that they would be booking May 2008 cruises in May 2007.

Try another Carnival PVP or several for that matter by keep calling back reaching different PVP's. You have nothing to loose.

Heck, the Carnival discount was so good that my TA booked herself a balcony cabin at the same rate when she confirmed my cruise using her "interline" rate, or whatever they call it, when a cruise line gives a TA a discounted cruise. So now my TA will be cruising with us and we both have balcony cabins at the same cabin rate.

I know this isn't what you asked but our April Mexician Riviera cruise that we have had booked for a month at least , we got a military rate, and also all other dates inApril , 2008 are available at the military rate- however, we really prefer to take this cruise in May (but not for $500 more) but I have been calling every other day or so and no go. I am almost starting to think that maybe they are blacked out for the month of May 2008- Has anyone gone on a cruise this month and received a military discount?? Thanks

Thanks to everyone for their responses - it sounds like 12 months ahead is the earliest that the military discounts are available and we're sitting right on that at the moment.

Molly, to maybe answer your question: our cruise last year in May on the Conquest, we booked in July of 2005 and did get the military discount for a May sailing. So, I don't think there is a blackout during that month, at least there wasn't for 2006.

We are booked via a military discount for the April 2008 transatlantic crossing of the Carnival Freedom. We got an extended aft balcony for the 15 day cruise and it cost us only $938 a piece. Great cabin price at pennies over $62 per day for an aft extended balcony.

Heck we can eat more than that in a day so does that make the cabin than "free"?:D

that sure is a great rate for next april!!!! who did you book with? we were thinking about a transatlantic cruise next year. i am also ex military.:)

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks to everyone for their responses - it sounds like 12 months ahead is the earliest that the military discounts are available and we're sitting right on that at the moment.

Military rates are out for May, 2008 not sure about all ships and dates, but checked for the Legend and they are available - Good luck!!!:D

I am curious to know if anyone that has booked a cruise for May of 2008 has received the military discount. When we booked our 5/18/2008 Legend cruise in March of this year, CCL told our TA that discounts had not yet been applied to cruises that far out. Our TA has been checking back with Carnival every week since and is still being told that the discounts have not been posted for our cruise. I trust our TA but I wanted to know if anyone has booked a CCL cruise for May, 2008 and gotten the military discount at this point.

Thanks in advance!

Military rates are out for the Legend on that date, Inside price is 564.00 and Balcony for 736.00

Fred

Archived