Next Cruise Onboard Booking Promotion

I didn't recieve a certificate for family or friends when we used this option at the end of March on the Jewel..........but it appears a lot of changes were made since then...........or it keeps changing as well:)

I scanned my certificate(blocking out my info at the bottom).....you can see by the last full paragraph you can read,this is the certificate for a friend........

I cant give you the code because it is affliated with my booking.......I have 2 of these certificates and both numbers are different......Only one person can use my code to book the same cruise as me(and they will also need my booking number)......

Click on to enlarge it

2239357110042692775RFJQzp_th.jpg

Patti--when I booked nextcruise in March,it didnt show up on my SeaPass,but showed up not too much longer as a charge on my CC....

BTW.when I did book one in March,i didnt get this certificate.maybe not all LAs are aware of this or maybe they are still getting them.........

hi Kathy

my 2 Next Cruise Certs did not come with this or look like this--just a plain ole piece of white paper. Is this something they are going to do from now on or maybe just for the inaugral stuff?

Morning Brenda

Like many things at RC...........I think NextCruise is evolving.........:) tomorrow's another day.......:) but maybe Kathy has some insight........I sure didn't get one of those either.

Just got off the Explorer yesterday and only received the confirmation letter with no certificate. Perhaps it varies by ship or even LA. Our LA was very busy and ran out of appointments. The NextCruise was the only option available for a lot of pax but was my first choice since I can now hunt for a cruise in my leisure.

A suggestion though.....place a receptacle near the LA for filled out requests so you don't have to wait between customers to quickly hand the LA your form.

Morning Brenda

Like many things at RC...........I think NextCruise is evolving.........:) tomorrow's another day.......:) but maybe Kathy has some insight........I sure didn't get one of those either.

hey Jim--have you gotten your cruise credit yet from your last cruise? I haven't , course I am anxious cuz it makes me Diamond:D

Looks like its your typical thing...some LAs know about it...........some dont....and probably the fact, they are still tweeking and fine tuning this program.........

Glad the cabin switcharoo worked for you Patti........sorry you're sick though...........

Brenda.dont know about Jim,but my credit is still not showing from the cruise I took around the same date as Jim............I was told they will manually add it June 15th,if it hasnt shown up by then.......

Tina...hawaii at Christmas sounds good to me........wish it was cheaper for us to do that too..............

Now Kathy..............

Need you ask:rolleyes: Of course it isn't showing up yet.......LOL........and I think they told us they would add it around June 6th.......of course we will have to email them.......:)

Jim.....I know the routine..been there,done that.........You have to add 3 months onto your sail date...........then when the first 15th of the month rolls along, they can add it.........so therefore,its June 15th......trust me,you think I can make up things like that??:eek: :eek: :p

Heres the email I got:(but they have explained it all to me on the phone)

Thank you for your e-mail. We regret any confusion the terminology on our website may have caused. In order for a cruise to qualify for membership, that cruise must be completed. Once you complete the cruise, you receive the credit for it. Unfortunately, it may take several months for the sailing to register in our system as completed. We are showing that your sailing on the Sovereign of the Seas sailing March 23, 2007, has not yet updated. If the sailing does not update by June 15, 2007, we will manually add the sailing for you. We truly apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

LMAO.............no, there is no way one could make that up.......so I guess I'll have to wait until June 15th as well...........loved your response from RC as well.........:D

Do you think that these certificates, like the one that Kathy scanned and posted, were just given out on the Liberty pre-inaugurals?

When we were on Radiance last month, we booked one NextCruise and paid the $200 deposit. I later learned from a fellow CC member on board that I only needed to have my name on the booking and pay just $100 deposit. Then when I go to add an itinerary, ship and sailing date to that booking number, I can add my husband's name and pay the full deposit for the cruise as long as I keep my name on the original NextCruise booking.

Inga, the LA said that it will go on a credit card and not Sea Pass account.

Regarding cruise credits............I just check ours yesterday and they are correct. So I guess the system has been updated.

Good point Patti..........I was actually thinking the same thing that maybe those certificates were for the pre inaugural........:confused: I guess we will all find out soon enough when our next cruise approaches.:)

My understanding was that you had 30 days from the time you chose your cruise and pay the additional deposit to add your friends and have them get the credit.

We booked 2 Next Cruises on Serenade a couple of weeks ago and didn't get the certificates that PH8 posted... It would make sense to me that the discount codes for your friends would be given at the time your cruise is selected and the additional deposit is paid. My plan is to ask for it at that point...

My understanding was that you had 30 days from the time you chose your cruise and pay the additional deposit to add your friends and have them get the credit.

We booked 2 Next Cruises on Serenade a couple of weeks ago and didn't get the certificates that PH8 posted... It would make sense to me that the discount codes for your friends would be given at the time your cruise is selected and the additional deposit is paid. My plan is to ask for it at that point...

No,I have the discount code already....it says LB(###).....and I have 2 different codes.one for each NextCruise I booked......

I just think they havent handed out the certificates yet.........

Looks like its your typical thing...some LAs know about it...........some dont....and probably the fact, they are still tweeking and fine tuning this program.........

Glad the cabin switcharoo worked for you Patti........sorry you're sick though...........

Brenda.dont know about Jim,but my credit is still not showing from the cruise I took around the same date as Jim............I was told they will manually add it June 15th,if it hasnt shown up by then.......

Tina...hawaii at Christmas sounds good to me........wish it was cheaper for us to do that too..............

somehow I missed this post the other day. I sure am glad I don't have a cruise between now and then--I would not be a happy camper if my D status was not able to be utilized becasue they were slow to post it. but as it is, don't have a cruise until Dec :( good to know about the June 5th date--won't keep me from looking everyday tho;)

I have an Aug cruise, and 2 others after that for which I don't have any OBC. I was thinking of cancelling these on the day of sailing, and then going to the LA and rebooking (if the prices don't go up). Now I.m thinking, just buy some Nextcruises, and I could do the same thing at home, and not waste my cruise time dealing with the LA, and my OBCs would be just as good. Is this correct?

Also, I'm confused - do I need one Nextcruise per cruise, or per person?

You only need one NextCruise per cruise...............I did book it just for me(so I only had to pay $100)...........then when I came home and booked(adding my husband),I paid the rest of the deposit owed(in my case $400 since its a 7 night cruise).........

If you rebook your cruise onboard,you will have to pay the full deposit as opposed to a Nextcruise at $100 PP........

Kathy -

Enjoy your Birthday cruise. Kathy and I and the two adult daughters are going back on the Sov Dec 14. Then going to do a quick Next Cruise and hit the Brilliance to Pnanma Canal the end of Jan.

Sorry can't bring you bagels.

Just wanted to share some information I learned today.

As many of you know, when you book a NextCruise option, you can get certificates for your friends/family. When you make a booking using your NextCruise booking number, you give a certificate to friends or family who want to sail with you. If they book within 30 days of your booking and send the certificate in to Royal Caribbean within 7 days following their deposit, they receive the same onboard credit that you do. (This applies if you book through a travel agent as well.)

When I purchased a NextCruise option onboard the May 7 Liberty pre-inaugural, I was not given any certificates. According to someone in the Crown & Anchor department with whom I spoke today, be certain to ask the Loyalty Ambassador for the certificates when you purchase the NextCruise option. If s/he sends the paperwork to your cabin and you do not receive the certificates, go back and get them before you leave the ship. The LA will not necessarily tell you about the certificates nor offer them.

Lesson learned and shared!

Thanks Karen...........very interesting information. It's too bad that the LA's will not promote this as it would certainly encourage more pax for RCI.

One would think!

I'm sure this is not a fleet-wide problem, and it's very possible that there weren't any certificates onboard Liberty until she arrived in Florida. However, it's a good idea for CCers to be aware that they may not receive unless they ask.

Karen

Thanks Karen...........very interesting information. It's too bad that the LA's will not promote this as it would certainly encourage more pax for RCI.

Certainly more revenue...........:)

I will continue to book onboard paying the FULLY REFUNDABLE deposit for any old cruise and change to the one that really appeals to me later. I don't ever plan to give anyone $100 I can't get back no matter what. This will be a real cash cow for RCI - can you imagine how many will die, divorce, get pregnant, etc. and be unable to cruise? I'm just too tight for this deal, LOL.:D

My experience/Single Cruiser

Visited LA on Empress last month and gave him $100 deposit, credit card only-no Seapass.

Came home, decided on 5 day Enchantment, next May.

No additional deposit necessary due to cruise length.:D

$50 OBC

Didnt get any certificate nor was i informed about such a thing.

I will continue to book onboard paying the FULLY REFUNDABLE deposit for any old cruise and change to the one that really appeals to me later. I don't ever plan to give anyone $100 I can't get back no matter what. This will be a real cash cow for RCI - can you imagine how many will die, divorce, get pregnant, etc. and be unable to cruise? I'm just too tight for this deal, LOL.:D

That's great for those that want to tie up the full deposit for that length of time. Although the $100 is non-refundable, it does not expire. I would rather RCCL hold on to my $100 for a year or so, rather than my $750 (that it would take us to secure a date for a family of 3 and keep moving it around). If I die before I get my cruise booked, $100 will be the least of my family's worries.

Archived